First Encounter

First Encounter

A Chapter by Mr. Anonymous

“Hey, kid…  You should wake up.”  The student next to him woke him up as the teacher started walking towards him, about to scold him for sleeping in her class. For a moment, the teacher stumbles as she walks back to her desk to look over the seating chart just to find out the person’s name. Her students giggle as it’s already three-quarters of the school year through and she hasn’t remembered this one kid’s name. “Mr. Kion, you know better than to sleep in my class. I don’t remember if you’ve ever slept in my class but take this as your first warning.”

It’s been his first warning for every day since the beginning of this school year. He cared about school work but just didn’t care about class work itself. It didn’t matter if he did well or not in class, in the end the homework and tests help him pass.  “Yes, ma’am” he replied as the he searched around the room for something to keep his interest. It was then he noticed something that stood out. There was a girl staring at him. Something that should not be happening is. Why wasn’t she affected by his ability? He then noticed she was also either writing or doodling in her notebook but she wasn’t glancing at the board at all. Was she writing about him? There were too many questions, ones that shouldn’t ever come up in his mind. No one was supposed to know him.

When their eyes met, he noticed a small blush on her face. After a few seconds of looking into her eyes, she ducked into her notebook and scribbled away at what she was working on. All of this confused him. How is it that this person knows who he is? She was all the way on the other side of the room where he had no access to from where he was, so he couldn’t do anything at the current moment.

During all this time he felt like the time for this one class had been going by way too slowly. He had many questions and not one of the answers was within his grasp. It’s not that he didn’t mind about listening to the teacher lecture about commas and sentence structures, he just wanted to get out of the class and maybe in a non-stalkerish way pull the girl off to the side and question her. Every few moments he can feel her eyes glance towards him and her hand starts moving again. It was all starting to slightly annoy him. It was also rare for him to any emotion aside from indifference and boredom. This also made him feel awkward about this situation. He’ll have his answers soon enough, just as soon as the class would end.



© 2010 Mr. Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 2, 2010
Last Updated on July 2, 2010


Author

Mr. Anonymous
Mr. Anonymous

tampa, FL



About
Simple teenager with random muses that come to him during his random mood swings while school is in its normal workings and annoyance. I do however like the occasional science/and or fantasy fiction w.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mr. Anonymous