Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

A Story by Mr. Anonymous

    He notices everything about her, she is oblivious to him. He constantly glances toward her... admiring her radiance. Some might say it’s creepy but he knows that he would never get a chance with her. Even if he did there was still that fear of rejection holding him back. He doesn’t want it to be awkward every time he walks by her if he gets turned down.

    As he walks down the hallways there are happy couples lined up against the walls. Every time he passes one “her” face emerges from his imagination. What would it be like if he was with her? Would she be as happy as he would? What would it be like to hold her, kiss her, comfort her, or even just hug her? Those questions and images always haunts him.

    Something inside him is yelling at him, telling him to change. He hears the words yet the comprehension and act upon it does not register. The words ring in his head repeating themselves “Change yourself, be more optimistic, become someone that does not fear such untangible feelings.”

    Upon constant days which were filled with those same words repeating themselves, something clicked within him. A new resolve spread in him. His mind set on one line that came across him. “Screw the consequences whatever happens, happens right?” he asked no one in particular.

    His first action with this resolve was almost immediately. He walks up to the girl of his affection and her friends and says “Miss may I borrow a moment of your time?” Her face puzzled and interested at this formal request for someone as normal as her. He steeled his resolve and smiled at her. His life will either change for the better or stay the same from this one decision and he was happy.

© 2009 Mr. Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 20, 2009

Author

Mr. Anonymous
Mr. Anonymous

tampa, FL



About
Simple teenager with random muses that come to him during his random mood swings while school is in its normal workings and annoyance. I do however like the occasional science/and or fantasy fiction w.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mr. Anonymous