Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Separation

Separation

A Poem by Daniel Dawes
"

The duality of our world.....

"

We divide the world into countries, races, religions, languages and borders.

 

Then within that are billions of individual people each with their own life and story of that.

 

Each story is held onto by the individual.

 

Every individual with a unique way of seeing the world.

 

The individual experiences millions of situations in a life time.

 

Each situation is judged by the mind as good/bad or right/wrong.

 

Then each judgment carries an emotion with it coloring the way we see the world.

 

Not just the world but people too.

 

Is it any wonder people find it hard to get along.

 

Is it any wonder problems arise from our coloring of the world.

 

What if there was no judgment?

 

What if we all realized we are one and the same?

 

What if we see everything we do to others we ultimately are doing to ourselves?

 

What if life is nothing more than a piece of paper scribbled on by the minds of others?

 

When there is no judgment there is simply only love left.

 

Love really is the feeling behind the thought.

 

I will leave this world as I entered it, totally in love.

© 2014 Daniel Dawes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Although I agree with your logic, I don't think the tone of the piece allows it to stand alone. It seems more like a brief intro to a story than a poem, or dialogue to accompany a comic strip. The way it is it reads as the very logical progression of thought associated with interiority but doesn't include the often erratic, random jumps our brains make when we go through the process of making such conclusions. I think the poem would benefit from the inclusion of this element.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Dawes

10 Years Ago

The poem is meant to represent the duality of our nature and the human mind itself. :)



Reviews

A splendid read and write...Bravo..................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Although I agree with your logic, I don't think the tone of the piece allows it to stand alone. It seems more like a brief intro to a story than a poem, or dialogue to accompany a comic strip. The way it is it reads as the very logical progression of thought associated with interiority but doesn't include the often erratic, random jumps our brains make when we go through the process of making such conclusions. I think the poem would benefit from the inclusion of this element.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Dawes

10 Years Ago

The poem is meant to represent the duality of our nature and the human mind itself. :)
When it comes down to it its all abotu discremination of those who are different. Humans in general, fear what they do not know. They fear what they don't understand. They condem others for beign able to see that which they themselves cannot perceive. It's how the society itself has always been since the formation of man.

Very well written. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Dawes

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your comment :)
Amazing! I totally love this piece. Each line is well thought out and written.
Great Job Daniel!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Dawes

10 Years Ago

Thanks you very much :)
maria  ( rose)

10 Years Ago

your so welcome and thanks for the add :) looking forward to reading more of your work!
this is so amazing .. this very thought has been permeating through my soul deeply for the past month, i think it may because i really understand it and am now putting it into practice 'walk the talk' so to speak ... I love this, yet I find myself laughing at the coincidence of it all ... nice work and very nicely articulated ...

just boarders needs to be amended to borders ...

have you read Call Me By My True Names - Thich Nhat Hanh ... similar thread and one of my fave poems ... thanks for sharing I love this !!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Dawes

10 Years Ago

Thanks again and a lovely comment. Made the change to borders :) I haven't read that but will now. T.. read more
KWP

10 Years Ago

Pleasure x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
5 Reviews
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 16, 2014
Tags: People, Story, Life, Spiritual, Love, Difference, Emotion

Author

Daniel Dawes
Daniel Dawes

Totnes, Devon, United Kingdom



About
I live and work in England, Devon in the beautiful town of Saltash. Started writing poetry about 8 years ago to get on paper what was floating in the void. I like writing simple poetry that people can.. more..

Writing