THE REAPERS CURSE

THE REAPERS CURSE

A Story by DBURKE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I warned them I was different. I told them that I was not like them but they insisted on keeping me close. They came to me daily sharing their deepest secrets and pulling out their toys of dark magic. It did not thrill me. I watched them and wanted to feel something. I was in contact with the one name Amanda. She was always what they called
"sad". I could imagine that sadness felt like the color blue or grey. I could imagine it was like darkness. Whatever it was, they shared it but she lived in it. I had to know what it felt like. One day they came to me on the rocks. They had one of those Ouija boards. I imagined they thought they were communicating with something or someone from the other side but the only other thing was I. They asked me to try it and I told them no. Amanda stood to her feet and stared in my eyes in protest. She wore her hair slicked back from her pale face and black lips. She made herself up to look dark and eerie. They all did this, another thing I did not understand. I seized the moment, as it was our time to understand one another in a different way. I had hoped to feel her anger and relieve her of her sadness. I reached out and touched her for the first time in all the time that I had known her. She froze as my hand connected to her. Her friends jumped to their feet and watched and she stumbled backwards and over the rocky cliff. They yelled and screamed dramatically for her.  I became invisible to them as I sat alone on the rocks. Her fate was sealed. I claimed another life, yet I sat emotionless. Years or even centuries will surly pass before I have the chance to feel.

 

© 2010 DBURKE


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
Ah, DBurke, I can't help but to be proud of this writing here. I'm not used to your style, not in the least bit, but I appreciate it. There's something...surreal...about this story. It feels so otherworldly, and the eeriness is tangible. I wonder what our brother would feel if he could feel. I very, very much enjoyed reading this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very eerie. A cold heartless feel. I like the prose style to it too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this poem it's great love it can't wait to hear more hun

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a creepy good write. I get a feeling of cold emotionless when reading it. Gets one thinking about a lot of things, mostly for myself the frailty of existence. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2010
Last Updated on June 12, 2010

Author

DBURKE
DBURKE

About
My name is D.Burke. I was born and raised in Milwaukee WI. I write fiction horror/thrillers and poetry. I decided to pursue my writting career after the tragic loss of my eight year old daughter. My f.. more..

Writing
DEAR LIFE DEAR LIFE

A Poem by DBURKE


I AM LOVED I AM LOVED

A Poem by DBURKE



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


HOLLOW HOLLOW

A Poem by DBURKE


HELL HELL

A Poem by DBURKE


Adultery Adultery

A Chapter by R E Tree


Rain Rain

A Poem by black.butterfly