MY MAY FLOWER

MY MAY FLOWER

A Poem by DBURKE

Just as sure as the days and nights pass

Memories consumes my mind

Giving me chills thinking

Of the things that could be

That is for that matter

What is to become of me

A broken vessel

Depending on memories

To keep alive

What the sun once illuminated

What the moon once majestically gleamed

What time has created

What love has depicted

Shadows are all that is left

And memories

Becoming more and more

Each day I long

For the beauty of my precious flower

Where does my flower grow now

I yearn for the day to find

My flower once again in all her glory

Yesterday…

Today…

Tomorrow…

Will never be the same

Without my precious flower

© 2010 DBURKE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having read your bio, I'm pretty sure I know the source of your emptiness. There are never any words that can take away a pain such as yours, but they can offer some degree of comfort, especially when they come in a creative form from your own heart as they are here. Without explanation, a parent's worst nightmare has visited itself upon you, and I can only say how very, very sorry I am that it happened. The words in this poem are all so heartfelt and each one resonates within me. May God grant you healing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG Laurathena thank you for your kind and understanding words- I am literally in tears but I think its tears of knowing that someone understands and tears of appreciation that you appreciate this poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so melancholic, and yet beautiful in its wording and conveying a message... The flower you're yearning for, for me it is things that have passed... and that we still hold onto, as you described in this poem. It also represents things to come, to dream of, it is the future where good things might happen, bloom. Something we all reminisce on and wish for. Better days. Better things. Whatever those are.

Reading this one out loud, the rhythm is nice and slow, the reader wanders over the words like... you might take a stroll on a MAY day, when the Sun comes out and you're just kind of enjoying the day. So the form supports the contents very well. It's balanced in that sense.

A broken vessel that you have become. In a way it's comforting to know that we all go through the same emotions and feelings (and of course hope that we wouldn't have to go through a whole lot of blue moments in our lives, because we have to enjoy life as much as possible, what else can we do? Fear and cry over tomorrow? Hells no.)

We are all ships sailing forward with holes on the sides, struggling to stay above the water. But it's the attitude towards daily life and life in general that determines how big those holes are, and therefore how much water pours in.

Hope you will have a wonderful weekend. And... I hope this will help a little along the way (I have lost practically all of my family, the family meeting takes place at the cemetery, where they wait under the stones):

Even on a gray and cloudy day, the Sun is still out there, shining bright and warm above those clouds. One day there will be a gap between those clouds, and someday... There will only be some clouds in the sky. Hopefully. That's what I tell myself everyday.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2010

Author

DBURKE
DBURKE

About
My name is D.Burke. I was born and raised in Milwaukee WI. I write fiction horror/thrillers and poetry. I decided to pursue my writting career after the tragic loss of my eight year old daughter. My f.. more..

Writing
DEAR LIFE DEAR LIFE

A Poem by DBURKE


I AM LOVED I AM LOVED

A Poem by DBURKE