Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by D.L.G.

" Jericho has to be stopped!" Ashrah whined.

" Yeah, I know." I said,

" What are we going to do?" Ashlyn asked.

" Come on Orion. Lets just destroy him! He tried to kill us!" Blake said.

" We can't destroy him! The real Jericho is somewhere in there! And I'm going to find him! Speaking of killing you guys......How did you recover from those injuries that fast? You all got up at the exact same time!" I said.

" I don't know......I just...got up." Ashrah explained.

" Who was that girl?" Blake asked.

" I dont know." I answered.

" What do you mean ' I dont know'? You are telepathic." Blake asked.

" She left to fast for me to concentrate on her." I answered.

They got out of my car while I just sat there.

" We need someone who Jericho is best friends with." I said thinking.

" I know! How about we get Anthony!" Blake exclaimed.

" It's like you  read my mind. See ya!" I said smiling.

I drove away. After I got home, I decided to relax so I went into the Rec Room. I went to the freezer and got me a Coke, then I decided to watch Speed. I lie on the couch while the movie was playing and suddenly fell asleep. I woke up and looked at the blue screen of the TV. I looked at a nearby clock and saw it was 8:00pm. I looked in disbelief. I have been sleep for up to 5 hours.
I got up and walked into the hallway and got on the elevator to my room. When I got in my room, I took a shower. After, I put on some fresh clothes. When I got done, I called Anthony. He picked up on the third ring.

" Sup?" he asked.

" What's up? Can I come over? I need to talk to you about something important." I told him.

In the background, I heard the sound of wailing and moaning.

" Sure, about what?" he asked.

" I'll tell you when I get there. It's very important though." I told him.

" Okay.........see you then." he said.

I got in the car and looked at myself in the mirror. Maybe Anthony could help. Maybe he can get through Jericho. I drove up and out of the ramp and into the darkness. My car creeping along the road as I drove. I went to McDonalds. The girl on the speaker sounded very familiar. I couldnt recognize the voice but I've heard it before. I found out when I got to the window.

" Veronica?" I said astonished.

" Orion?" she said back.

Veronica Singleton is my ex-girlfriend. I havent seen her in a long time. She taught me the fighting style of Capoeria. She looked much better than I've seen her before. She had on her McDonalds attire but she looked better in it than everybody else did. She had long curly black hair and had on huge looped earrings. She has a phantom too. Hers let her have ultrasonic screaming. You do not want to get in an argument with her! She could paralyze someone with it and cause someone to go deaf. She can also disintigrate anything with it.

" I havent seen you in a long time! How have you been?" I asked.

" I've been good, you?" she asked smiling, showing a whole row of braces.

" I've never been better. I thought I recognized your voice!" I said.

" I know! Everyone says that I have an annoying, distinctive voice! That will be two-fifty." she said handing me a bag of good smelling fries.

" Hey, can I also have a number 5?" I asked. I thought I'd by Anthony something.

She put that in the register.

" Five dollars and ten cents." she said.

I gave it to her and waited.

" So do you still go to North Side?" I asked.

" No, I transferred to Madison." she said.

" Madison?! Your really smart huh?" I asked.

She laughed.

" Of course! I don't like it though because they give us too much work there. I want to go back to North Side." she said.

" Tell your mama to put you back there." I told her.

" I did but she kept bringing up last year. You know when that dumb boy threatened to shoot up the school up?" she rolled her eyes.

" Yeah." I said.

My food arrived in a bigger bag.

" So how's the others?" she asked.

It took me  a while to realize she was talking about my friends.

" Blake is fine. Jax is the same as usual, scary. I am on my way to Anthony's house, he's the same. Jericho is.......well.......being Jericho." I said.

" Is Blake still tall?" she asked.

" You know it!" I answered.

A car behind me blew their horn.

" Well, I guess I better leave. Your customers are getting impatient." I said looking in my rearview mirror.

" It was nice talking to you." she said.

" You too." I said.

I drove away and headed towards Anthony's house. This Saturday night was busy. It took a long while to get to his house due to the constant array of traffic. Around the time I got to his house, it was 8:30 His house was long and blue with lots of windows. I noticed his green Mustang in the driveway along with his parents vehicles. I told them that anybody can see in his house since his parents hasnt put any blinds on their windows.
I knocked on the door. I heard footsteps then the door opened. I stood there with the McDonalds in my hand.

" Dude, what's the haps?" Anthony said.

" Bought you McDonalds." I said smiling.

" ANTHONY! Who's at the door!?" I heard his mother scream somewhere in the back.

" IT'S ORION!" Anthony screamed.

" HI ORION!" she screamed.

" HEY!" I screamed.

A nearby dog barked at all the racket. I looked around hesitantly.

" Um......so are you going to let me in?" I asked.

" Sure! Why else would you come over here for?" he asked sarcastically.

He moved out of the way and I walked in. He closed the door back up and led me to his room. His door was closed with a sign on it that read " Do Not Disturb." He opened it and I walked in a room that really needed to be cleaned. Clothes were thrown all over the floor. Glasses of drinks were on almost every dresser in sight.
His bed was unmade and tossed in a mess. There were many posters on his wall with girls in bikinis and rock bands. There were also posters of famous surfboarders which is Anthony's favorite pastime. There were condom rappers  on the floor and drawers full of them. I notcied a laptop sitting on his bed.

" Wow! You really need to clean don't you think?" I asked.

I handed him a bag of food and he sat on his messy bed and started eating. I looked around trying to find a seat.

" Oh dude, like sorry." he said.

He got up and walked to a mountain of clothes. He knocked them over revieling a chair.

" Man, the sign shouldve read, ' Do Not Enter!' I said.

He laughed while shoving food in his mouth. Gross.

Looking at Anthony, it's hard to believe he is from Detroit. He looks completely Californian. He has medium length blonde hair and has a soft tan. Not to dark, but not to light. He has a surfboard and always say he went to California or Florida. I often wonder how in the world does he get there. His phantom lets him generate ice.

" So dude, what's the haps?" Anthony asked.

" What's up with you and Trina?" I asked.

" Dude we havent talked to each other for weeks. I think we are slowly drifting apart. But there's a lot more where she came from!" Anthony said smiling.

I opened my bag of food, saw the condoms, and suddenly lost my appetite.

" Guess who I saw today?" I asked.

" Who?" he asked with a mouth full of food.

" Veronica." I said.

" Dude! You mean that   you used to date? Where?" he asked excited.

" She works at McDonalds." I said changing my mind about the food.

" Really? Sweet!" he said.

" Have you talked to Jericho lately?" I asked him.

" Dude, I havent seen him since a few  weeks ago. Me and him fought each other, but just for fun." he said.

" Have you noticed him acting strange?" I asked.

He looked at me and said, " No. Dude why?"

I told him about what happened today.

" So what your telling me is, Jericho is in his 'pure rage' and he attacked you an the others? But why?" he asked.

" That's what I need you for. I know your his best friend and I need you to talk to him and ask him what's wrong with." I told him.

He thought about it.

" Okay, are you coming with me?" he asked hesitantly.

Wow. Even Anthony's worried about getting attacked.

" Of course! We might need to suit up before going though, I am almost certain he will attack again. Did I mention he was crying?" I asked.

" Jericho? Crying? Dude no, Jericho never cries!" Anthony said laughing.

" Yes he was!" I said smiling.

" Dude if your telepathic, how come you couldnt just read his mind and figure out whats wrong with him?" Anthony asked.

For someone dumb and foolish like Anthony, I never thought he would ask such smart questions.

" He never gave me a chance to. It's like he knew I was trying to so he kept attacking me and the others to try to distract me. You know I need concentration to read minds." I told him.

" Okay, when?" he asked.

" How about........now?" I asked.

" Dude! Okay wait, let me clear the history on the computer........if my mom finds out what I been doing on the computer then I'm toast!" he exclaimed.

I just looked at him. That explains the wails and moans I heard while on the phone with him. I looked at his laptop and shook my head.

" Well, I'll be waiting in the car." I told him.











© 2010 D.L.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol i like this chapter. i like anthony. i cant wait for the next chapter! oh and my part! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010


Author

D.L.G.
D.L.G.

TN



About
I am quiet until i get to know someone and i can be very friendly unless you push the wrong button. I can play the keyboard and saxophone. I am in the 11th grade. more..

Writing
Bad Grades Bad Grades

A Poem by D.L.G.


You Cant Sing You Cant Sing

A Poem by D.L.G.