Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by D.L.G.

Driving in my black Venus RXL is an honor. The newest car is the best car. The interior was high tech sense I installed a few gadgets and devices. Any other car besides my car makes theirs look like crap. Like this car beside me now. A Toyota Camry. Who drives those anymore?
To me, a persons car tells a lot about their personality. Like me for example, my car is sleek, sexy, and sophisticated. I'm sleek, sexy, and sophisticated. Now this run down car beside me is hideous! It is a burgundy color. The paint was peeling of showing blotches of white. The driver was a man that looked like a hobo. He kept scratching his head as if infested by ticks. I think I actually saw one hop off of him!
I am on my way to my girlfriends house, Ashlyn Sphere. Yep, me and her are now together. We are going to the North Park along with Ashrah and Blake. North Park has a huge one mile trail and all four of us are going for a jog.
By the way, I'm Orion Blaylock. I am the sexiest man alive. My parents Stacy an Jerome are part of the few, the proud, the Marines. They are away right now and I wish them luck in their battles. I heard that the Marines were the hardest of them all, so I often wonder how they survive. I am 16 years old in the 11th grade. I have no siblings but often refer Blake Syndel as my brother. That's because we are both born on the same day, same time, same hospital. We have been in every class since Kindergarten and both our moms names are Stacy........scary huh?
Blake by the way is HUGE! He is 7'2 and weighs approximately 520 pounds. He has the hugest muscles in the world. They are unnaturally big. He once told me he wanted to be a bodybuilder.  It looks to me as if his body has done enough building!
It is a beautiful Saturday morning with the sun shining brightly. When I arrived at Ashlyn and her twin sister Ashrah's house, I noticed a red Hummer parked on the side of the rode in front of their house. That meant Blake was here. Before I got out, I looked at myself in the mirror. My sports shades were propped on my forehead. Everything, as usual, looked perfect. I rose out of the car and looked down at myself. I had on a white sleevless t-shirt with the Nike logo on it and black shorts to go with it.
I walked to the door and didnt even get a chance to ring the doorbell. The door swung open to Ashrah.

" Hi! You ready?" she asked.

She smiled from ear to ear. Her blonde hair in curls. Her blue eyes were just simply breathtaking. She had on short light blue shorts with  a white and blue t-shirt.

" Yeah. Can I come in?" I asked.

" Sure!" she exclaimed.

She stepped back to let me in. I walked in to find Blake sitting on the couch. Ashrah disappeared to the back.

" What's up man?" I greeted.

" My life." Blake answered smiling.

We shook hands and I sat down beside him. Ashlyn came from a back room.

" Hey babe." Ashlyn said bending over to kiss me.

" Hey Ashlyn babe." I said kissing her.

Her delicious brown hair smelled of coconuts. Her orange shorts complimented her shorts.

" I'll be back in a sec okay?" Ashlyn said.

" You can take a century, my love." I told her.

She smiled at me before turning and leaving, curling her hair with her finger.

" Dang", I said.

" What?" Blake asked.

" That girl is just amazing." I said.

" You tell me! Me and Ashrah were on the phone until twelve!" Blake said.

Ashrah and Ashlyn walked into the living room.

" Ready?" they asked in unison.

" Sure." Blake said.

Me and Blake stood up. Blake towered over me at his amazing height. He sported a black sleevless t-shirt with camo Nike shorts. He also had on black gloves that stopped at his knuckles. His enormous arms challenged Supermans. On his right arm was the tatoo of a rhino.

" Who's driving?" Ashlyn asked as we walked outside.

" Not I!" Ashrah exclaimed.

" One of you boys are driving!" Ashlyn said.

Me and Blake looked at each other.

" Rock, paper, scissors?" Blake asked.

" Why not?" I asked.

This is like the easiest game for me! Blake must forgot that I have telepathy. Which means I know what he will think. I beat him easily.

" Looks like your driving my friend!" I said as I patted Blake on the shoulder.

" Great!" Blake said with a sign of annoyance.

We all got in Blake's Hummer. Ashrah sat beside him while Ashlyn and I piled up in the back. When Blake turned the truck on, it roared loudly to life. When we got to the park, a lot of people were there, even though it was nine in the morning. Running or walking the trail, playing tennis, watching their children on the playground.
I thought of the last time I been to a park. Muse Park. The park where I kicked Serenity's...........never mind. That was about a month ago. Now in mid-September, I have no problems. We got out as soon as Blake parked the truck.

" How many times are we going around?" Blake asked tying his shoes.

" Let's try five." Ashlyn said.

" I could do five in five seconds!" Ashrah exclaimed.

" Go for it!" I said.

She immeadiately zipped of leaving a trail of pink behind her. Each lap she did equaled a second. Every time she passed, you couldnt see her. Instead, you would see a pink glare. When she finished, she didnt look out of breath at all. She just smiled and giggled. Blondes.

" You really should race against Jax!" I told her.

" Who's that?" she asked.

" My cousin. He can generate electricity and run fast like you." I explained.

" Now my honey will not go near Jax!" Blake exclaimed.

We laughed and started jogging. When we finished, it was 10:30.

" Who wants to get breakfast?" I asked.

" Fine with me." Ashlyn asnwered.

" Lets go to McDonalds." Blake said.

We all got in his Hummer and drove off.

" Orion, you talked to Anthony lately?" Blake asked.

" Yeah, he and Trina are arguing again. They have been arguing for the last two weeks." I said.

There was a silence, then Ashrah spoke.

" Any of yall going to the party tomorrow?" she asked.

" I plan on it." I answered.

Another long silence. We went through a neighborhood. All of the houses were beautiful and big. But none compared to mine.

" Oh my gosh, look!" Ashrah yelled.

We looked and one of the beautiful houses were on fire! Flames were everywhere reaching toward the sky. The smoke rose to the occasian in black puffs. You would think that someone would call the fire department or something. But no one was around.

" We should help!" Ashlyn said with concern.

Blake's truck screeched to a stop and all four of us got out and stood in front of the house. We heard a baby screaming inside.

" Oh, Jesus." Ashlyn said putting her hand through her hair.

" Come on lets go!" I said running towards the house.

I led the way and stepped in front of the door. Fire blocked the way immeadiately. Ashlyn stepped in front and blasted the entrance with water.

" Thanks." I said.

" No probelm, but there is more of the house to drench." She said and stepped through the door.

We came right behind her and watched her blast the whole room with water. The fire died down. We heard the baby wailing.

" We have to move!" Blake said with his thunderous voice.

" Okay! Blake and I will go and get the baby! Ashrah and Ashlyn, check the rest of the house! There is a possibility that the owner of the house is either uncouncious or dead!" I yelled over the roaring fire.

" Right!" they all said.

The baby cried and cried and it was hurting my heart.

" This way!" I yelled to Blake.

We went up a flight of stairs. The fire somehow didnt burn anything up here. It was just on fire. Weird. We passed by many open doors. The baby cried again.

" It's in here!" I yelled.

This door was closed. Blake walked in front of the door and kicked it over. We looked around and it was obviously a baby room. One thing caught our eyes. There was a baby crib surrounded by fire! The weird thing about it is that it wasnt burning the bed! Me and Blake looked at each other and walked closer to the crib and looked in it. An African American baby looked back at us with the most cutest eyes I ever seen! I picked it up and held it. It looked at me then Blake. Blake smiled.

" Come on, we should go check on the girls." I said.

Before we moved, we heard Ashrah scream, " Orion! Blake! Come quick!"

We looked at each other and ran back downstairs with the baby in my hands. We found them kneeling down to an African American woman who was laying there.

" She's dead." Ashlyn said solemnly.

There was a moment of silence.

" We should call an ambulance and the police." I said.

We called them and waited 10 minutes before hearing the sound of a distant siren. I went outside so they can recognize the area. Blake and the twins followed me out. When they got here, two men came from the ambulance, while one man came from the police car.

" There is a body in there." I told the ambulance men.

The policeman walked up.

" Is everything alright?" the policeman asked.

I thought that was the most dumbest question in the world. I wanted to ask him, " Does it look like everything alright!?" but I kept my cool.

I told him everything what happened. From us walking to now. He nodded occasionally at certain points.

" And you said the house was on fire when you passed by?" the policeman asked.

I looked at his name tag.

" Yes Chief Madden." I answered.

He seemed to study me then asked, " Hey, aren't you Orion Blaylock? The kid with the superpowers, what do you call them?"

" Phantoms." I answered.

" Yeah that's right, your'e the 'Teleman'. And you must be Blake Syndel!" Chief Madden said with enthusiasm.

"Yes sir." Blake said.

" How do you know?" I asked.

" You two defeated Serenity last month didn't you?" he asked.

That question took me by surprise.

" Yes, me and a few other friends. How do you know about this?" I asked curiously.

" Never mind that. Who are these lovely ladies?" Chief Madden asked.

" Ashrah."

" Ashlyn."

" Nice to meet you. Do you have phantoms?" he asked.

" I feel we are getting off the subject." I told him.

Before he got to say anything, a teen about 17 years old drove up in a black El Camino. He looked at the house then looked over at us. He walked over.

" Hey man, whats going on?" he asked.

His hair was all over his head in a mess. He had tons of zits.

" Hey that's my son your holding!" he said to me.

I forgot I was carrying this baby. His baby. I gave it to him.

" What happened?" he asked.

" This house was on fire. Unfortunately, your mother...."

He didnt even finish because the two men in the ambulance carried his mother on a stretcher. Her body was covered in a sheet.

" No." was all he said.

" I'm sorry." Chief Madden said.

" No!!!" he said furiously.

He clutched his baby to his chest.

" Damn it, no!!!" he yelled.

" If it werent for these people, the baby wouldnt have survived either." Chief Madden explained.

" Why the hell couldnt yall save my mama!" he screamed.

" She was already dead when we arrived." I explained.

" Mother fu-" he stopped before the rest came out.

I stared at him. Using my telepathy, I got into his head. His name was Brent Gibbs and he is 17 years old. I dug in deeper because something about him wasnt right. He is from here in Jackson, TN. Deeper. He spends most of his life on the streets while his mother baby sits. Deeper. He is in a gang. Deeper. He and four other guy's jumped.......Jericho!









© 2010 D.L.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it. cant wait to read more

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010


Author

D.L.G.
D.L.G.

TN



About
I am quiet until i get to know someone and i can be very friendly unless you push the wrong button. I can play the keyboard and saxophone. I am in the 11th grade. more..

Writing
Bad Grades Bad Grades

A Poem by D.L.G.


You Cant Sing You Cant Sing

A Poem by D.L.G.