[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Robby

There once was a large pond in the middle of a forest, and this forest was called Mirkwood. And in the pond lived a large frog named Hasletiderkinke. He was a mean frog who only ate and slept (that sounds like my cat). When he got grumpy he was not a good thing to be around. And one day a lone rogue named Namara came to the pond to get some fish to eat. She heard a sound and wondered what it was. Hasletiderkinke had got mad at one of his servants and came to the surface of the pond to recover from his yelling. He saw Namara and got really upset because the sign he put up in the passing that said “NO TRESSPASSING” had blown down in the recent major storm, so she didn’t know that she was not allowed in there. When she saw the frog she drew her bow and put an arrow in, and was ready to fire at the slightest movement. The frog said that if she didn’t lower her bow he would kill her, and when she refused to lower her bow the frog king attacked*. Namara was so fast that she pulled the bow string taunt and released it and the arrow flew into the frog’s chest and he tumbled over in mid-air and fell into the pond. When she looked into the pond she saw that the water was starting to redden and she knew she had killed the frog. When the fight was over the pond started to bubble and thousands of little frogs came to the surface and yelled for joy. Namara asked why they were celebrating. They told her that they had suffered from the harsh rule of the king (she later found out that the frog was the legendary frog king of Mirkwood, she didn’t know what forest she was in). Later that day she came upon a little village and asked whom the leader of this village was. She was directed to a hut and went in and asked if a large frog threatened them. The leader was Missisf Reaver. The Frog King had infact did threatened the little village. When she said that she had killed him he didn’t believe her, so she went back into the forest. The dead frog had risen to the surface so she cut one of his legs off (she also carried a dagger) and took it back to Missisf and gave it to him. When he saw proof that the Frog King was dead he rewarded her with 20,000 gold pieces. She had a gold monument made after her, and she was known in every village on the East Border.





She was welcomed to stay there is she wanted to, so she did.

She lived happily every after


Written By

Robby Whitford

© 2008 Robby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on April 26, 2008

Author

Robby
Robby

New Bern, NC



Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Robby


The Hunted The Hunted

A Story by Robby


[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Robby