[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Robby

The Scanraidian scouting party was trekking through the snow in the early hours of the morning. The Narmandian watch was dozing at his post. The lead Scanraidian loosened his bow and fired an arrow, nailing the Narmandian in the chest. Before the Narmandian died, he blew the horn. The Narmandian scouts approached the Scanraidian party, shields up and swords drawn. The first two Scanraidian lines raised bow and loosed a volley of arrows, flattening the Narmandian scouts. The Scanraidian party moved into the camp, loosening arrows into every human and animal alike. Within minutes, the whole camp was awake, and most were dead. The Scanraidian general, Chavroc Nasmar, was amazed at how pathetic the Narmandian camp was. He turned to his party, “Scout the camp, round up any survivors, if they fight, kill them.”
    He turned to the remaining scouts “Come with me.” He began to walk towards the stables, and then he heard the cry of a Silverwing, circling the camp. Chavroc hand-signaled his first three archers to fire at the Silverwing on his mark. He signaled them and they fired, all missing the Silverwing, who was now jeering at them from above. Chavroc shook his head in disgust, then looked ahead. The convoy that he sent came back with 5 survivors, all chained together. Chavroc smiled. The lead scout spoke up “We found these snooping around the stables; my guess is they were trying to find a way out…” The commander smiled “Excellent” he turned to his party “Lacutic!” A rather beefy man stepped forward, “Sir,” Chavroc looked around, “Lacutic, lead the men back to the trail, and then lead them north” Chavroc walked to the trail, his bow slung over his shoulder, then started down the trail.
     The trek lasted for days, until the scouting party came upon the city Sales, where the king was throned. The city guards stopped the party “Halt!” the guard looked over the scout party, “Why are you here?” Chavroc stepped forward, “We are here on official business with the king.” The guard moved aside “Proceed.” The general thanked him, and then moved into the city; there he left his party at the barracks. Chavroc walked up to the Temple of Ages, where the throne was. The guards stopped him. “I’m on official business of king Noarmoc” Chavroc explained. The guard stepped aside, and Chavroc stepped into the temple. The throne was at the back of the temple. “Ahhh……General Chavroc. How good to see you!” The king proclaimed. Chavroc unattached his bow and loaded an arrow, aiming it right at the king. “Wha-what treachery is this?!” the king proclaimed. Chavroc sighed, “Its time someone else held the throne, so I am taking it from you” He said, then loosed the arrow, it cutting through the air, speeding directly toward the king’s chest. It struck with a sickening crunch, and the king doubled over, dead. The arrow disintegrated, leaving the poison to soak up under the kings’ skin.   Chavroc continued to speak, as if nothing had happened, in order to keep the guard from noticing anything, “I am sorry you won’t get to see me proclaim treachery to the king of Normanda. He shook his head, disgusted at the pitiful protection over the king. He walked from the castle, passing the guard on the way out, who seemed so stupid he didn’t even check on the king.
    Chavroc met up with his party in the stables. The were preparing to steal a few horses so they could get away from the city as fast as they could, so the guards wouldn’t know if the king died of natural causes, or murder. The party saddled up 5 horses, two on each. Chavroc had a horse to himself. He trotted to the front of the party. “Okay men, listen up. We are to keep moving until we are unable to see the temple tower to the north. Then, if the horses are tired, we ditch them, if not, we keep moving. Understand?” A chorus of “yes sir” echoed from them. “Good.  Move out!” Chavroc trotted a bit faster then the rest, moving up to the front, and then he called out, “Full speed!” He spurred his horse into a gallop, that way they would cover more ground. By dark, they had covered about 20 miles when Chavroc looked back, then held up his hand, the party stopped. “Okay, I think we have covered enough ground. We can make camp.”  Three men jumped off the horses, with a few sacks full of camping material. The older of the two, snatched the bag from the other one, causing the stakes to fall to the ground, one of the stakes impaled the younger ones foot, blood spewed everywhere. “F**k!” he yelled, then drew his dagger, slicing the neck of the other man. Chavroc walked over to the wounded man, “Oh, that was such a waste, he was very useful.” He shrugged, then drew his short sword, thrusting in through the younger man’s check, puncturing both his heart and left lung, “Oh dear, what have I done?” he said in a mocking shocked voice, then he turned to Lacutic, “take then away.” He shook his head, weary. He took up camp, and then fell asleep fast.


    The next morning Chavroc woke up, the whole camp was awake. An ensign ran up to his tent. “Commander! A raid! During the night!” Chavroc blinked a few times, “When?” “Unknown at the present time” He shook his head, then climbed off the cot and walked outside, a few tents were ablaze, making it hotter then it already was. We looked around, then yelled “Everybody take anything you can, then saddle up the horses and-““Sir, the horses were stolen to” the ensign interrupted. “What?!” the ensign just nodded. “D****t!” He looked around, “Okay, take anything you can, then meet back on the trail.” He turned and walked back into his tent and looked around. “Why would anyone try to raid the camp?” he muttered to himself. The ensign that reported earlier came back to the tent, holding a letter. “Sir, we just received word from the city. The guard+-

© 2008 Robby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on April 26, 2008

Author

Robby
Robby

New Bern, NC



Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Robby


The Hunted The Hunted

A Story by Robby


[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Robby