Memories

Memories

A Poem by Cristina Moldoveanu
"

a sort of senryu, two of them

"
Mariana Trench -
where does yesterday begin
in my brain's sulci?

meeting the future -
International Date Line
reaching the North Pole

© 2012 Cristina Moldoveanu


Author's Note

Cristina Moldoveanu
sulcus - plural sulci = used in geology and also in anatomy it refers to a groove, a furrow, a fissure, notably in the surface of the brain.
Mariana Trench - the deepest part of the world's oceans, located in the Pacific Ocean, 2,550 km long and 69 km wide. The maximum known depth is estimated to be around 11 km.

As for the first one, it also has a personal meaning. I was treated many times in the psychiatric hospital and the nurse who took care of me was called Mariana. Of course here it has a deeper meaning, combining geology and brain functioning, wondering where our first memories are buried deep.
About the second - I was obviously thinking about the change of time on that line where today meets tomorrow. And the changes in a human life, growing old.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

They're both very good. I understod the second one perfectly, but I have to say I don't know who Marianna Trench is, and I don't know what "sulci" means.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina Moldoveanu

12 Years Ago

Thanks I will post the explanation soon.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012

Author

Cristina Moldoveanu
Cristina Moldoveanu

Bucharest, Romania



About
Poor and alone, getting old in Bucharest, Romania more..

Writing