Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Crazycow
"

First Story! I didn't think doing something so simple as this would be so apprehensive. I guess you learn something new everyday! Anyways,I hope you enjoy the story! Feedback is a wonderful thing!^.^"

"
As soon as I was free, I ran. All I could think of was the sound of my feet pattering against the 
 cold, wet ground. I heard sirens behind me, and I knew they were catching up. I pushed myself 
to my limit, closing my eyes and speeding off, zigzagging through the deep cornfield. I heard the helicopter hover above me. I saw the slow, gleaming light, pass by me, inches from where I perched. I held my breath, and didn't move an inch. This was my only chance, If I were to get caught now, I was sure to be dead. I dived into the mists of the field, where I would go unseen.
      I waited. And then I waited a little longer, until I was sure I couldn't feel the sharp winds around me, 
and the blasting sounds of the sirens. I took a chance and squinted my eyes, the sky was a 
deep, calming lavender. No helicopters in sight. I let out a sigh of relive, and slowly got to my 
blistering, sore feet. I took a minute to look around, trying to figure out how far I had ran. I 
couldn't see much, the towering corn stalks leaned over me, and once again I felt small. 
Naturally, I shrank down, just like I would if the doctors were here. I shivered, the memory forever burned into my brain.
Coming to my senses, I slowly straightened up. I was being ridiculous. Those damned doctors weren't here. They couldn't poke and prod at my skin, only to send me back to the awkward, two-by-four room. I hadn't seen the outside world before, but I knew it had to be. 
Even if it wasn't, at least I could try to live a normal life, with an education and friends. I looked at the sky dreamily. 
"Yeah. That'd be nice." I closed my eyes, picturing the near future. Friends. College. Parties. Everything a genetically corrupted boy could dream of.
I almost wished I could of stayed in that position forever, just picturing the wonders that were ahead of me. Though, I knew the security would be back again soon. Grudgingly, I tossed the small backpack I managed to grab over my shoulders, and began walking towards the darkening, lavender sky.


© 2014 Crazycow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 16, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014
Tags: science, fiction, sciencefiction, romance, funny, teen, drama, evilvsgood


Author

Crazycow
Crazycow

N/A, ME



Writing