19. A Powerful Discovery

19. A Powerful Discovery

A Chapter by CompellingComposer
"

Something has changed with Jayson...

"
Nathan:

    “ So that’s how it happened? But what about us? We aren’t one of them,” Caroline said, her face pale white.

    “ I guess that we were just lucky,” I responded, my voice cracking. “ All of us that are still alive. Harriet knew, and couldn’t live with the guilt. She knew she should’ve stopped Devon, but she didn’t. That’s why.” I sighed. “ That’s why.”


Jayson:

    Nathan had left.

    Carrie had left.

    That wasn’t good.

    I crept down the hallways, pressing my ear against each door. Listening for a whisper, listening for a sound. Listening for anything. What was going on between them? I had to know. I crept swiftly and quietly, praying that I wouldn’t be heard. I passed the classroom of a now deceased history teacher. Not a sound. I passed the science lab. Not a sound. Maybe there could be some medical supplies in there? We needed a first aid kit incase anyone got hurt. No, not now. I could check later. I would, on my way back.

    Finally, after passing three more classrooms, I reached the art room. I stopped.

    Talking. I heard talking.

    “ Yeah, we sure are lucky,” said a voice I recognized as Carrie’s, almost choking on sarcasm.

    “ We’re alive, isn’t that lucky enough?”

    There was Nathan.

    What were they talking about?

    “ Can we not talk about this anymore? It’s really kinda depressing,” Carrie sighed.

    “ Of course, we can talk about whatever you want to,” said Nathan.

    There was a pause. An awkward silence. I didn’t dare make a peep.

    “ I love you.”

    My heart stopped.

    “ I-I love you too,” the voice stuttered.

    Then there was no more. Silent again. They weren’t just staring at each other and I knew that for sure. They were kissing. I could see it in my head. I grew sick to my stomach. My body didn’t feel like mine anymore. I was being controlled by a force. An anger strong and ferocious. From the pit of my soul, I growled. My body shook and trembled, my vision grew blurry. I grasped the handle of the door and it almost seemed to crush under my strength. The door flew open, soared through the air, and landed only a few inches away from the two’s feet. They looked up at me, Caroline nestled in Nathan’s arms, their lips not far apart. Their eyes were open in fear.

    “ You,” I snarled. My voice didn’t sound like mine. It was much deeper and rougher. It almost alarmed me.

    “ What the-” Nathan began, but I cut him off. I leapt toward him and knocked him into a table with such force, the table split. Nathan writhed slightly in pain, but still regained his strength and stood up. “ How did you do that!?”

    I grabbed Nathan’s ankle and tossed him as if he was a rag doll. He flew into a metal cabinet. He crumbled to the ground, a dent pressed into the cabinet. Caroline shrieked and ran to Nathan’s aid.

    “ Nathan!” she cried. “ Are you ok? Nathan? Nathan!”

    I walked towards her. “ You don’t need him.”

    “ Go away you- you monster!” she screamed, tears streaming down her face.


© 2011 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on February 22, 2011
Last Updated on February 22, 2011


Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing