East Surrey Hospital – the altruistic epitome of what an NHS hospital should be!

East Surrey Hospital – the altruistic epitome of what an NHS hospital should be!

A Poem by COLLYMORE
"

Self-explanatory.

"
By Stanley Collymore

No one really knows or can say
with outright accuracy what
illnesses or simply critical
accidents they will have either predictably
or unexpectedly; but one thing is actually
certain, become ill, and every endeavour
is obviously immediately undertaken, to
become well again; and understandably
just as it is quite predictably so it is also
alas, distinctively those unquestionably
in the literal, respective health services
that individuals that are regrettably ill,
usually, although not always evidently
the case, naturally, with the assistance
of their family members or very close
friends, urgently, and simply likewise
concernedly, hopefully and trustingly
clearly turn to immediately although
not always quite specifically really to
their essential satisfaction! However
for every undeniably errant medical
institution that there simply is, most
gratefully, and actually undoubtedly
rather similarly quite commendably
and advantageously, there are those
too that very discernibly, excellently
excel in everything which evidently
they do, as they effectively embrace
and dutifully crucially impressively
fulfil their required responsibilities.

For me, and really indubitably so,
East Surrey Hospital located in  
the South of England, is not
actually, only one such case of a distinctly
evidently impeccably, medical institution,
but as well is discernibly and irrefutably
evidently also clearly unquestionably as
well as most outstandingly and distinctly
quite auspiciously so, in crucially every
conceivable regard: basically from that
rather quite vital reception interaction,
requisite nursing and actually medical
staff handover; literally skilled patient
problem diagnosis and its additionally
allied and very thorough investigation
of the quite specific ailment or related
causes naturally through to necessary
medical solutions needed and equally
that vital, after care transition back to
normal health with the patient rather
duly: always both clearly intelligently
and crucially quite caringly informed
throughout of what precisely is really
happening to them and obviously the
necessary measures, actually fittingly
and most prudently taken, to literally
and vitally make them healthy again!

(C) Stanley V. Collymore
16 August 2024.



Author's Remarks:
Without any doubt and clearly from my own personal perspective, quite self-evidently the National Health Service, universally referred to as the NHS is irrefutably, one of  if not the very best invention that British politicians in essence actually came up with and obviously something that I've always felt proud about and physically and mentally supported.

Five decades ago I both trained and worked as an RMN and SRN nurse in the NHS. And although I knew it wasn't going to be either my ultimate or longstanding career basically so as I always from my primary school days knew that I wanted to be an Academic, I was  clearly sensibly advised by one of my crucial lifetime mentors and evidently an Academic himself that to become a good let alone very evidently an excellent Academic that clearly and quite crucially one should actually gain vital experience of life and people in a quite diverse environment rather than effectively leaving school, going to university and then back into a teaching/learning environment with not a sausage of experience of real life or real people.

So I chose three principal work careers with nursing the actual first of them followed by the RAF and itself effectively followed by the Inland Revenue. Directly after that I happily embarked most evidently enthusiastically on the pursuance of my distinct and essentially diverse university studies intertwined rather obviously with my Academic pursuits in the UK and overseas, principally the EU.

However, as a conscientious Brit, I crucially but quite voluntarily so carried on actually paying my dues, doing so quite specifically because of the NHS. I'll be amongst the very first to say that the NHS has unquestionably been fucked up by Maggie Thatcher and her likeminded Tories, and the hospital in York that I trained at has long ceased to exist and its spacious land, orchards that beautifully ran alongside the River Ouse and distinctly were complemented by its associated farms, laundry and even its own church are quite evidently no more. Yet Clifton Hospital was one of the oldest and most renowned mental hospitals across Britain. All sold off by these rather acquisitive Tories to their corporate friends, and like everywhere else the odious lunatic let loose in the community, while in the process destroying it and asininely along with the likes of Nigel Farage, Andrew Neil, Tom Robinson and other likeminded scum, claiming they're defending British Culture; when most of them, who'd be hard pressed to know who their biological parents are, and most specifically so their fathers, are as much real British as I, an Afro-Caribbean Brit am an Eskimo; no insult to the latter as I'm plainly drawing a non-correlation fact.

Which enthusiastically brings me back to this poem and why I wrote it! In actually simple terms because East Surrey is quite undoubtedly a great hospital and is literally the epitome of what the NHS is all about, with every tier of management and diverse staff unquestionably competent, dedicated and fully au fait with what their duties and responsibilities are, and the quite first rate manner in which these duties are distinctly excellently and humanely carried out!

But I have a soft spot also for the entirety of the staff managing and working in the very adept EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT. Every one of you, in whatever capacity you work there do your work brilliantly and simply discernibly very conscientiously.

Finally a distinctively heartfelt "thank you" to everyone who was marvellously on duty obviously in the Emergency on Thursday 15 August 2024. Thanking all of you immensely, for your outstanding care and very distinctly cordial attention! Very much appreciated by me! God Bless you all! Special thanks also to Suzi and kindest regards to your 15 month old baby! And don't put off that Masters very indefinitely (smile). You've rather obviously the brain power and natural ability to do it!  
 

© 2024 COLLYMORE


Author's Note

COLLYMORE
As per my previous works.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on August 19, 2024
Last Updated on August 19, 2024
Tags: Inspirational.

Author

COLLYMORE
COLLYMORE

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Academic, Journalist, Writer. I'm a highly intelligent, articulate and well-educated human being with an intuitive but enterprising sense of responsibility and a strong moral compass that instincti.. more..

Writing