Rufus

Rufus

A Story by Clarisse
"

You shoulda helped him

"

It’s been 3 years since he left, and every day I wait, wanting him to come back. I shiver as the winter chills my bones, but I still watch for him. The boy that gives me food walked up to my window. The smell of baloney filled my nose, “Sorry bud, but I can’t come back anymore.” He petted my head, softly, and gave me some baloney. “I’ve got to go to college and can’t take you with me.” He gave me the rest of the meat, kissing my head. Just like my owner he left; Just like my owner I waited.


 I felt my hunger grow as the days inched on, but I still waited. People rushed home as the first flurries of snow fell. “This is going to be the worst snow ever.” Someone said on the phone. A snowflake landed on my nose, I licked it; another and another replaced the first one. It grew colder and I grew tired, but I waited. The snow was coming down more and more by the minute. Before I knew it, I was covered in snow, I felt frozen with cold, but I didn’t stop waiting.


I closed my eyes for a moment; the snow stopped, the cold vanished, the metal beneath my head turned soft. I opened my eyes, and there he was, my owner! He came back for me because I waited. “let’s go for a walk!” I jumped up and headed for his outstretched arms.

© 2024 Clarisse


Author's Note

Clarisse
This is a story biased on a picture of a dog in an abandoned car

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on May 16, 2024
Last Updated on May 16, 2024
Tags: Sad

Author

Clarisse
Clarisse

Hampton, VA



About
I'm a girl who has their heart on their sleeve! I'm sorry if I upset you, that's just my personality. I like to write about, romance, cats, fiction and whatever comes to my crazy mind... (P.S. I am .. more..

Writing
1 Window 1 Window

A Chapter by Clarisse


2 Cats 2 Cats

A Chapter by Clarisse


3 Treats 3 Treats

A Chapter by Clarisse