Possetions

Possetions

A Story by Clarisse
"

Cats, sneaky little things...

"

She was a small bundle of fur, her orange coat a flame in the sun. Then a boy came walkin’ down the road, his eyes a hazy blue. The sadness of his soul filled the small flame, as wood to a fire. She flattened herself to the hem of the short brick wall, deeply watching the sad boy walk aimlessly down the drowsy stone path. Her haunches raised; a leap formed in her back legs. Ever so softly did the orange tabby land. Small, sturdy white paws followed the young lad. No knowledge of the follower sprung into his mind, only the puffs of white that escaped his lips.

            A tempting bench now upon the lad, he gives into its calling, settling down. The drowsiness of the grey stones possessed his eyes. His follower crept under his feet, watching the movements he made to uncover his shaggy blond hair. While he placed the Bennie next to himself, the stocker started to sniff the clothing on the lad’s legs. The strong sent of rabid dogs filled her nostrils, her heart fluttering with confused concern. Next, she rubbed against his legs, the fabric of his pants rubbing on his flesh. Then the lad noticed the little kitty under the bench, slowly extending his arm towards the cat. She happily purred and rubbed his hand with great affection.

            She came out from under the bench and climbed the towering seat. She was greeted with many pats and butt scratches and even gifted a piece of chicken. She started her biscuits on his wool hat relishing the feeling of the softness. But when the boy turned his head, she leaped into action. She snatched the wool treasure and fled back to her safe spot. “Hey!” the call of distress was the last thing she heard from him. The small victory was priceless…

© 2024 Clarisse


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! It's imaginative and unique. Very relatable too.

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Franky

3 Months Ago

Your imagination is impressive. I'm picky about what I read too.
Clarisse

3 Months Ago

Thank you so much! You for real made mt day!
Franky

3 Months Ago

I'm glad. 🙂🙂

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 12, 2024
Last Updated on May 12, 2024
Tags: Cats

Author

Clarisse
Clarisse

Hampton, VA



About
I'm a girl who has their heart on their sleeve! I'm sorry if I upset you, that's just my personality. I like to write about, romance, cats, fiction and whatever comes to my crazy mind... (P.S. I am .. more..

Writing
1 Window 1 Window

A Chapter by Clarisse


2 Cats 2 Cats

A Chapter by Clarisse


3 Treats 3 Treats

A Chapter by Clarisse