Today, Tomorrow, and the Day After

Today, Tomorrow, and the Day After

A Story by Chris Kay
"

A very small short story about the environment???

"

Sir Wilfred Jones was the previous CEO of an oil drilling company that functioned on an international level. He was also very happy today.


Today, his house was perfect. The grass was unnaturally green and the sun shone abnormally bright. The birds flew and sang in perfect unison.


Today, his family returned. His beautiful wife and his three children parked in the newly paved garage and came inside. One look at them and he remarked how beautiful they had become, as if they had got younger during their long time away.


Today, they had pancakes. Perfectly round pancakes. Mathematically round pancakes.


Today, they would watch movies. Only the best movies the real world had to offer.


Tonight, he would read his children the perfect bed-time story. And embrace his wife one last time again.


And tomorrow… tomorrow he would wake up in his office, in a building reaching above the dark clouds of smog. He would put away the drugs and get back to work. And perhaps the day after he could be happy again.

© 2014 Chris Kay


Author's Note

Chris Kay
Please be honest and feel free to tear my work about bit by bit with criticism. No hard feelings, everyone, I really just want to become the best writer I can be :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this. You have an amazing knack for conveying a lot of great information in a very short piece of writing. The only thing I would change, and this is just a preference not a correction, is the line "Only the best movies the real world had to offer." Up to this point, it’s obvious that this is either a dream or Sir Jones's ideal world but I feel like this line gives away the illusion a bit too prematurely. I would like to carry the illusion all the way to the last paragraph. Keep up the great writing...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Did his guy just end his life
all of it was a day dream????

are you going to end it this way
you could you've got the message (I hope I'm right Drugs aren't a good thing}

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love the short. Fills in all the details without even having to write them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. You have an amazing knack for conveying a lot of great information in a very short piece of writing. The only thing I would change, and this is just a preference not a correction, is the line "Only the best movies the real world had to offer." Up to this point, it’s obvious that this is either a dream or Sir Jones's ideal world but I feel like this line gives away the illusion a bit too prematurely. I would like to carry the illusion all the way to the last paragraph. Keep up the great writing...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is actually very good. You tell a full, dramatic story using few words, and that really is a skill.
I have one criticism:

"One look at them and he remarked how beautiful they had become, as if they had go(This should be GOTTE)t younger during their long time away.
I would even mention this, except you said you wanted to become thebest writer you could be, and you can't do that with sloppy grammer.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Kay

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my work once again, I really appreciate it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2014
Last Updated on October 10, 2014

Author

Chris Kay
Chris Kay

Montreal, Canada



About
While I don't have much skill, I see myself as creative. I'm actively writing, trying to get better at it, and I thought: hey, why not Google search a place where I can post all that crap. So th.. more..

Writing
We Fade We Fade

A Story by Chris Kay