Mommy is an angel

Mommy is an angel

A Story by Christopher Paul

Sitting alone on a park bench, with a gentle cool breeze blowing, the leaves falling and the sound of little children playing. It doesn't seem like it’s been five years since Jason and Lilly walked hand in hand in this very park. That nostalgic feeling, almost like he’s dreaming, he can still see it so vividly, Lilly’s blue eyes, her smiling face with that dimple on the side, her red hair flying gently with the breeze, her soft cute voice saying how much she loves autumn, her urge to almost dance. He can even smell the perfume she was wearing. This surreal dream he can almost literally feel her right now but he can’t touch her.


Looking to the sky with a tear in his eyes, he whispers “Where’d you go? Why’d you leave? I….miss you…so much”. He closes his eyes only to see her face. So close, so bright. The tear drops become a stream running down the sides of his face.


A small hand gently wipes away the tears and a sweet, soft voice full of concern asks “What’s wrong daddy?”.


He opens his eyes and looks at this little blue eyed girl, her innocent smile with care in her eyes. Smiling, he lifts her up and holding her tight he says “Nothing Lucy, daddy’s alright”. She whispers in his ear  “Was daddy thinking about mommy again?”. He holds back his urge to cry, blinking his eyes he replies “Yes”. 


“I don’t like mommy” she replies “She always makes you cry”.


“It’s not her fault baby. This is all part of life” he says.


“Is mommy with the angels?” she asks in a curious voice. He smiles as he replies “Mommy is an angel”.


He looks to the sky with a smile on this face and says “She’s just like you” as he kisses her.


After a while in a happy voice “You know daddy, this year I’ll ask Santa to bring mommy for Christmas so you’ll be happy” she replies.


The pure innocence and love in that sentence make Jason's heart smile.

© 2014 Christopher Paul


Author's Note

Christopher Paul
Please excuse any grammatical mistakes and tell me how you feel the writing and story is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great read. Your beginning, middle and end are all written well strongly passing the story along. A true child's answer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


From lack of imagination, all I can say is that this piece is really touching.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Christopher Paul

10 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 4, 2014