The secret side of me chapter two

The secret side of me chapter two

A Chapter by Rosa Lee

I wake up in the morning and the first thing I think about is what happened yesterday and if it was a dream or not. Surely it wasn't real. Yes, I wasn't real it was a dream. I got out of bed and stepped into the bathroom, trying not to make the floorboards squeak as I didn't want my family to wake up. As soon as I open the bathroom door I see my big brother Jessie's best friend Areo naked about to have a shower or something, I had no idea. ''What!??'' I screeched, jumping back and slamming the door shut. ''What are you doing,man?'' At first there was no response but then Areo says ''stop trying to perv on me, Jasmine'' I was disgusted, like I wanted to see his ugly, hairy body anyways. ''Umm you wish'' I say ''you should really lock the door'' I didn't wait for him to reply and stepped away from the door to go to the outhouse to pee. Stupid Areo taking the bathroom from me. I walked outside, breathing in the fresh morning air. It was quite misty and cold but very peaceful and it was the kind of environment I liked. ''So nice'' I breathed to myself and stepped onto the grass, my bare feet sinking in the wetness. I started to walk towards the outhouse when I had a bad feeling that someone was watching me. I started to look around the mist nervously but noticed nothing out of the ordinary, maybe I was just being a paranoid fool. I started to speed walk to the outhouse as I was getting scared now and didn't want to piss myself. Finally the stall and into view and I ran the last few feet to it. I let loose when I notice someone was standing outside of the outhouse. I could see a pair of boots under the door and it certainly wasn't anyone I knew as these boots were badly torn and the man's legs were bare and very very hairy. He was breathing and it was very sharp and loud. I was freaked out now and I had no idea what to do. I finished up but didn't dare leave or unlock the stall for fear of what was on the other end. ''I know you are in there, girlie'' a deep, raspy voice said on the other side. ''You cannot escape me, I am everywhere'' I nearly s**t myself when he spoke, I even started to feel lightheaded like I was going to pass out. I didn't know who this was and what he wanted , this could even be the last time I see daylight. ''Who are you'' I squeaked but before he answered I heard shouting. ''Get out of here!'' It was my brother's voice and I knew he was in his aggressive state. Everytime a healer is born, the sweetest fairies from the kingdom will bless the baby and give him a gift. Jesse's gift was a warrior's personality of course. ''I said get out here!'' Jesse yelled again when the stranger didn't move away from the door. ''I have my exalifer here!'' An exalifer was a pixie weapon that consisted of metal, grass, bullets and blades on both sides of the weapon, only the best fighters are allowed to use it as the weapon is very dangerous and risky to use. ''I will come back'' the raspy voice said and POOF! He disappeared just like that, in thin air. ''Jesse!'' I cried out ''Jesse I'm scared!'' For once in my life, my big brother's voice made me feel safe and relieved wait usually just made me annoyed with his teasing and such. '' Jasmine you are safe now'' Jesse said softly ''come out'' I slowly unlocked the door and stepped outside into the cold air again. Jesse was standing there, holding his gun with a worried look on his face. ''Come back to the cottage, we have to tell dad'' Jesse murmured. I didn't reply and started jogging back to the cottage with Jesse trailing after me. Everything seemed weird lately and I had no idea why. ''Dad!'' I yelled when we burst into the house ''something just happened!'' Dad groggily looked up from the newspaper and coffee he had on the table ''huh?'' He groaned. ''Dad!'' Jesse yelled ''don't just say 'huh' to me! It's serious'' I don't know why, but that part was pretty funny to me for some reason. ''Don't shout'' dad says calmly ''what is wrong?'' I blabber almost before he even finished and I was damn hysterical '' a weirdo!'' I cried ''was standing outside the outhouse door waiting for me!'' I didn't know what else to say but what I did say was kind of true anyways so yea.'' Dad,can I talk to you for a minute?'' Jesse said, looking at me in worry. But I couldn't blame him cause I was worried too. ''Of course'' dad said, looking confused at our scared faces. We all started to crowd into jesse's small room but he stopped me at the doorway '' I will explain it'' he said ''don't worry'' I nod and walk away. I didn't want to talk about it anyways so just let Jesse explain. I went into my room and lay on my bed, still traumatised from that experience. Nothing like that had ever happened before and those words 'I will come back'' haunted me. Why did he want me? Was he going to sell me off to a dark lord like what happened to some other creatures in the kingdom? I had no idea but I was still terrified. I try to keep my mind of things by drawing and writing but my mind kept steering back to it. After what seemed like ages of struggling to keep my mind of it, I heard dad and Jesse raising their voices a bit. Why were they getting so mad, I wondered. Dad and Jesse never fought and if they did then I was never around to see it. I got up off my bed and walked out to the kitchen that was near jesse's room. ''Dad, we can't keep letting Jasmine think that she's pure!'' Jesse hissed ''she's going to find out about that curse!'' Curse? I was goddamn cursed! This hit me so hard that I could faint. I was literally shocked to the bone. But I listened more. ''She will think she's a monster!'' Dad says '' if she starts lashing out then the whole kingdom will burn her at the stake!'' Lashing out? I lashed out at that poor butterfly yesterday and has an urge to help dad. Was it all related to the curse? I didn't even know what the curse was but I knew that it was bad. ''Would they burn her? They might just banish her'' Jesse snapped '' but she's our family, dad! We can't let anyone know but at least tell her'' ''No! She might slip it to somebody and soon everyone will know and we won't be knows as healers anymore, we will be known as monsters'' anyone in our kingdom that has someone that is cursed in their family is known as 'monsters' a term which nobody liked. I know knew that I was a monster. Not my dad, not my mom, not anyone in my family was a monster but me and only me. I didn't belong here, all I did was cause stress on my family so I needed to leave. I didn't want to hear anymore and I bolted to the woods, wishing that it would just swallow me up and I would never be seen again.


© 2016 Rosa Lee


Author's Note

Rosa Lee
Ignore any punctuation but please give me your opinion!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on May 21, 2016
Last Updated on May 21, 2016