Secret side of me chapter one continued

Secret side of me chapter one continued

A Chapter by Rosa Lee
"

The rest of chapter one

"
''Jasmine'' the King says when I come outside, smiling. 'Hello'' I say politely and sit down on a nearby log seat. '' Jasmine, you can't sit down!'' Cara screeches ''you have to play hide and seek with me!'' The King chuckled ''Well she's a bossy little hen isn't she?'' Dad smiled ''takes after her mother'' mom looked up from the book she was writing and did a fake-scowl at dad '' and no one says you are bossy,Harold?'' We all burst out laughing except for Cara who has a sulky expression on her young face.''Dad, are the bullitaras ready yet?'' I ask. Bullitaras are a kind of pixie food that is made of pastry and Kunico meat and it is just downright delicious. Kunico is a animal that lives in our forest and they are damn vicious creatures that will attack you if they have a chance so their meat is quite rare.'' No, sweetie'' dad says not looking up from the newspaper he held ''probably in about ten minutes'' I sigh and turn back to Cara who was still sulking about me not playing with her. ''Cara'' I say ''what would you like to play?'' Her eyes brightened up when I asked this and she started smiling again ''hide and seek in the woods!'' Oh man I hated that game but I will play it just because there was not much else to do. ''I wanna count though!'' She said in excitement ''you hide!'' Before I could answer, she started counting and I had no choice but to go hide so I started running into the woods. The part that was the best hiding spot was the deep dark part of the forest where no one really went because it held a legend that that's where all the bad things happen especially where curses take a toll on people but I never believed that rubbish. I ran deeper into the woods and hid behind a bush ,trying to remain silent.'' Jasmine!'' I heard Cara yelling in the distance ''where are you?'' I stifled a giggle and tried not to move. After what seemed like forever, a beautiful butterfly started to flutter past me. It was a beautiful silver colour along with blue and black wings that shone in the sunlight that barely slipped through the think trees. Suddenly I felt as thought it was stupid, awful, hideous and ugly. I just wanted to get rid of that nasty creature so it wouldn't fly around on this earth and cause trouble to everyone else. The good part was that it's death would affect its family, it's friends and everyone else and that satisfied me. I grabbed two stones and BAM! Crushed it between the two stones. It was dead and gone, that's all that mattered. I dropped the gut splattered rocks into the twigs and leaves below my feet and felt a sense of relief when I regretted it. ''What have I done?'' I whisper to myself and stare at the splatters on the rocks. What did I just do? What did I just think? Something went wrong with me just then and I didn't know what. I feel frightened now and I need to get out of here quickly. I was a monster. I didn't know what I was going and I certainly wasn't going to tell anyone as the kingdom will kill or banish anyone who would do such a horrible thing. I didn't care about my hiding spot anymore and I ran as fast as I can through the trees, bushes and whatever else. I just needed go get away. I soon crashed into Cara and we fell to the floor onto dirt. '' oww Jasmine!'' She sobbed '' you hurt my arm!'' ''Sorry'' I murmur and get up. Cara could be such as sulk sometime but she was little. ''Let's go home'' I mutter ''I don't feel so well'' and it was true, I didn't realise what just happened and now I feel so guilty and like a monster. We walked back to our cottage, the whole way Cara blabbering about how our game was crap but I blocked her out with my thoughts. Maybe I had a mood swing or something but I shouldn't have done that, my family were healers and they helped woodland folk not harmed them like a witch or a vampire. What was happening to me? Well it was just once so I might try to forget it. ''Guys you are all dirty'' dad said when he glanced at us from the barbecue '' you guys weren't even out for long'' I shrugged and suddenly I got the same hateful feeling I got with the butterfly. I wanted to hurt dad. ''NO!'' I shouted which made everyone stare at me. I had to stop myself from hurting dad. ''Honey are you alright?'' Mom said in worry, her brows creased. ''Yea mom'' I say softly and walk into the cottage. As soon as I got in I started to cry. What was happening to me? I never acted or felt like this before and I was scared I would hurt my family like with the butterfly. Why did I all of a sudden feel like a monster?


© 2016 Rosa Lee


Author's Note

Rosa Lee
Ignore the capitalisation please:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 20, 2016