i wanna make an art-house film for an art-house crowd

i wanna make an art-house film for an art-house crowd

A Poem by Philip Gaber

I wanna make an art-house film for an art-house crowd. There’ll be no emotional climax and it won’t reach a clear conclusion. It’ll be a fractured story of a man and a woman and their ideas will clash against one another like two hearts stored in a store-bought cooler battling for the chance to be transplanted into the body of an obscenely wealthy recipient. Their relationship will endure many months of awkwardness and strong undecurrents of tension and sadness and anger and


I wanna make an art-house film for an art-house crowd.

There'll be no emotional climax, and it won't reach a clear conclusion.

It'll be a fractured story of a man and a woman, their ideas clashing like two hearts battling for the chance to be transplanted into the body of an obscenely wealthy recipient. Yet, the true nature of their conflict remains shrouded in mystery, adding an intriguing layer to the narrative.

Their relationship will endure many months of awkwardness and strong undercurrents of tension, sadness, and anger, and eventually, they will each learn too late the folly of clinging to defensive illusions.

Anticipation will mount as it premieres at the renowned Sundance Festival, a platform where it will begin to gain the recognition it deserves.

The New York Times will say my art-house film for an art-house crowd is "intellectually stimulating" and "aesthetically bold," and one of my aspiring something or other friends will say it's more poignant and less reliant on tired tricks and predictable posturing than my previous films. I'll nod meaningfully and thank them.

It'll be distributed on a limited basis to a few art-house-friendly venues across the country; however, it will not enjoy a particularly successful theatrical run largely because of its "cerebral experience," which ultimately means I will not be able to move out of my spartan apartment above my parent's garage into that small bungalow where the trees and shrubs are strategically planted to block the view of my neighbors like I originally planned.

© 2024 Philip Gaber


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on June 12, 2024
Last Updated on June 12, 2024

Author

Philip Gaber
Philip Gaber

Charlotte, NC



About
I hate writing biographies. I was one of those kids who rode a banana seat bike and watched Saturday morning cartoons and Soul Train. But my mother would never buy any of those sugary cereals for us k.. more..

Writing