all serious-minded combat fears

all serious-minded combat fears

A Poem by Philip Gaber

 

Chapter I

I Have Issues I Need to Address


The rudderless, misanthropic, persecuted, stoned-drunk Jew opens the moral door of a Christian Universe where sleepy-voiced, born-again angel dolls fall for two-bit grieving thieves and prophets with proof and clues up their sleeves.  


Chapter II

The Guilty Silence of the Wounded Alter-Ego


Personal fiction is filled with painful dissatisfaction, migraine-inducing soliloquies, exceedingly obscure imagery, unshaven needy grumblers, egoists, and antiheroes nursing grudges.  


Chapter III

Reshaping Memories


No longer trapped in his wishy-washy existence, the persecuted, stoned-drunk Jew finds everyday optimism in the arms of a Bible-spouting comic cultist queen who forgives his forty-five-year-old start-and-stop all-encompassing shortcomings.


Chapter IV

Exorcising the Things That Are Eating Me Up

I should start writing things most plebians can understand. Don’t try to play with the language, don’t try to be cute, don’t try to impress your ninth-grade English teacher. Just write the truth of your life. Expose it. Don’t attempt to define it, explain it, or complain about it. Let the people decide if you’re worth reading. They will always let you know. They’re the only ones who matter. 

© 2024 Philip Gaber


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

, yeah, I think everything I write is a trying to analyse howI I feel about or think of my writing? Good insight.
Thanks, Emma, you give me mucho to think about. Always. Peace!

Posted 3 Months Ago


They will as they should. You have added thought few might have but could if they wanted to learn how the other side feels, behaves, thinks. Four different areas open to debate, the multitudinous asking why-why not . Are you trying to analyse how you feel about or think of your writing?

'Just write the truth of your life. Expose it. Don’t attempt to define it, explain it, or complain about it. Let the people decide if you’re worth reading. They will always let you know. They’re the only ones who matter. '

Probably quite often. Many thanks for sharing, Philip

Posted 3 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2024
Last Updated on June 6, 2024

Author

Philip Gaber
Philip Gaber

Charlotte, NC



About
I hate writing biographies. I was one of those kids who rode a banana seat bike and watched Saturday morning cartoons and Soul Train. But my mother would never buy any of those sugary cereals for us k.. more..

Writing