the tireless, fearsome linguist

the tireless, fearsome linguist

A Poem by Philip Gaber

Prompt: That one Tear
by Sady Sadness �'�
beautiful, no background, soft light, fictional



"You can write about me," she said. "As long as you call her Myra and she's a closeted him."


“After Myra Breckinridge?" I said.


"No, after Tori Amous. That's her real name."


"OK?"


"And instead of a musician, make her the owner of a bed and breakfast in  Montpelier, Vermont. And a linguist & a juggler."


"Duly noted."


"Will I get a cut of the action?"


"Not sure."


"I just want a small piece. So I can build a solarium."


"Anything else?"


"No, sir. Not in the slightest."




Why do I keep meeting these damaged women? And then I write about them and people accuse me of being a misogynist? I'm a realist. Plain and simple. Ya'll can go off on your own fantasies just like I go off on mine!

I just write 'em like I see 'em.

Take the rest of it up with their parents.

© 2024 Philip Gaber


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

there’s an old joke about bear huntin’ sake me sometime and I’ll tell you. but stop me if you’ve heard it before… seems an apropos answer to your question… yep, they’re out there, and you don’t even have to look under rocks or nuthin’ …. Hey, a backyard solarium never hurt nobody… I think… I dunno…. If’n you want realism, ya gotta go get some of those VR goggles… now THAT’S realism…. And um, Philip… buddy… ya gotta stop watchin’ them late night cable channels… jus’ sayin’.

Posted 3 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 29, 2024
Last Updated on May 29, 2024

Author

Philip Gaber
Philip Gaber

Charlotte, NC



About
I hate writing biographies. I was one of those kids who rode a banana seat bike and watched Saturday morning cartoons and Soul Train. But my mother would never buy any of those sugary cereals for us k.. more..

Writing