Time's Gone

Time's Gone

A Story by Alex

I sat at a picnic table, under the shade of some grand Oak tree. She looked weary, but stout.
“I’ve bet you’ve seen a great many things,” I whispered under my breath. The wind blew softly, and I took the rustling leaves as a sign that she somehow heard my comment. I smiled.

It had been a long summer. The tourists had all but robbed me of my sanity. And my patience was shot. But it wasn’t until after he left that I realized things had changed. The sun didn’t shine as bright as it used to and the once-dancing stars hung limp in the night sky. Flowers didn’t smell quite as sweet. The birds rarely sang anymore. But of all that, the worst part was that I couldn’t sleep. And if I couldn’t sleep? Well, when the sleep stopped, so did the writing. I could not write a damn thing. So what do you do when you can no longer do the only thing you know how to do?

I’ve been asking myself the same question for 3 months now.

© 2011 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011

Author

Alex
Alex

Silverhill, AL



About
I'm Alex. I like to write. I write about however I'm feeling at the moment. There's a reason and a story behind everything written here. Ask me about it. I'd love to talk to you. I'd love to know you... more..

Writing
All I Ask All I Ask

A Poem by Alex


Wake Up Wake Up

A Poem by Alex





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5