My Life; My Angels

My Life; My Angels

A Poem by Alex

My Life
An eternity of endless days and sleepless nights plagued by nightmares of forgotten yesterdays and dreams of hopeful tomorrows. Too bad tomorrow never comes.

My Life
Literature in which I immerse myself. Private universe to become lost in, or perhaps found. Wizards and Magic. Monsters and Hunters. Hardship, terror, loss and cruelty. But also triumph, redemption, happiness, and love. Heroes and Heroines. My secret world.

My Life
Ever-changing in it's surroundings yet each day a duplicate of the one before. Unable to change myself, to save myself from falling into the sameness and monotony of oblivion.

My Life
The flow of music through my brain, my blood, my veins. The piercing melody reaching the innermost depths of my being. Raising me up. Touching the stars. Headphones, Sanctuary. They are one.

My Life
Stuck in fast-foreward. Searching for the remote to press rewind, but to no avail. Speeding through my existence. Feeling every excruciating experience in slow motion.

My Life
Flashes before my eyes again and again. Each blissful moment given to me, then greedily taken away. Only reliveing those horrible memories over and over until tomorrow arrives.

My Life
A wonderful, delicate place full of immense beauty and compassion. An Indian Summer. Soft as the first blossom of Spring. Fragile as a doll.

My Life
A sad realm filled with tears and broken dreams. A perpetual winter of hard, tasteless ice. One empty cavern of echoes never to be heard.

My Life.
Singing at the top of my lungs. Taking the plunge. Going the extra mile and taking a risk. Unpredictable. Higher and higher until I crash. Live in the moment, for the moment. Drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

My Life
Trapped in memory lane. Constant state of over-excessive nostalgia. Not wanting to escape but hoping to overcome. Hard to forgive, Impossible to forget.

My Life
Running and smiling. Insiders only those truly inside will ever understand. Revelations of Joy and Happiness. Laughing until my jaw hurts, my heart aches, and my soul cries.

My Life
People who surround me. Lift me up, take me down. Angels with the worst of intentions, but angels nonetheless. Some understand. Others, never will. Always by my side, love at its finest. It is you who keep me going. Hopeful, dreaming. Nothing is whole, but nothing is broken. You break my fall. You are my friends, my Guardian Angels.

© 2008 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 9, 2008

Author

Alex
Alex

Silverhill, AL



About
I'm Alex. I like to write. I write about however I'm feeling at the moment. There's a reason and a story behind everything written here. Ask me about it. I'd love to talk to you. I'd love to know you... more..

Writing
All I Ask All I Ask

A Poem by Alex


Wake Up Wake Up

A Poem by Alex