Ripening  Bounty

Ripening Bounty

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer

True, fair is Sumer. Life’s fullness is found in her, but now with the axis turning. I long for an Autumn Day.

Yesterday’s canvas of greenery and ripening bounty, is now arrayed in auburns and gold.
As the Harvest Moon waxes the vintagers wait.

I lounge amongst her fragrant rewards and contemplate the coming snow. 


© 2021 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We are on opposite poles, my friend. I'm not letting go of summer until the last plump tomato sings! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Life is in season so as the world we live in. Each of them has what it brings. Winter with snow, autumn with color and summer with heat.
The fact is, we enjoy every season. Only that we enjoy one more than the other.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Autumn offers an abundance of color, and much inspiration for us poets. Languish in those fragrant rewards, Cherrie...for you KNOW the snow is coming!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

2 Years Ago

Thank you Kelly and I agree Autumn does feed the poet.
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The snow can wait....but oh the lovely autumn so beautifully captured here in a few short lines.

You are good at that, Cherrie.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

2 Years Ago

:) I appreciate you taking time to read my poem I imagine you are knee deep in homework about now. .. read more
These days of Autumn are a sight to behold because their colors are as beautiful as their sorrows. Thank you for sharing your art with us.

Posted 2 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

2 Years Ago

Autumn is probably my favorite time, a well or until the next season arrives.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2021
Last Updated on September 29, 2021

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Springfield , MO



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. After a lifetime of country living, I'm making a move back to town. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..