My Lottery Wish

My Lottery Wish

A Story by Amelia Lunar
"

Well I used to love writing and over the years have stopped completely so I decided to stick my toes in the water gradually and not write something I had to create but instead just organize my thought

"
If I had a million dollars I know what I would spend it on. 
First I would make sure my mother didn't need another thing her entire life. I would buy my sister and her husband an amazing house, that way he would have no reason not to buy her an amazing ring that she deserves but never got. I would offer whatever financial assistance she needed, of course after she finally smoked a blunt with me like I had been asking her for years to do. 
I would pay for the beautiful education I always felt I was owed but never had the opportunity to take advantage of. I had somewhat the starting off point needed to be successful, I just lacked the funds to finish it. I had deep thoughts about the world and how we could fix it but I could never earn the credibility to become an apparent voice in the world.  
I would live in a small cottage/ tiny home with the love of my life in a rural area like North Carolina and would have small but efficient gadgets to get things done. There would be a loft bedroom in the cottage, no doors but just ambient light coming through all the windows taking up the walls and openness so we could have room to be apart but in earshot to talk about all the little things we uncover or need to say. I would finally get that record player I always dreamed about and would finally listen to the Arctic Monkey's AM vinyl. Study in the natural light and secluded area in my tiny home by night and snuggling with my best friend and hiding away from the world at night. 
We live on a pretty militaristic lifestyle already and would continue to with the exception of our clothes, we'd donate our clothes we had now to Goodwill and replace it with the Bohemian wardrobe I have been dreaming with for years. My honey would dress to the t for when he's not working and would finally indulge his fashion cravings he has had for the past three years. We would most definitely cater to our every Paleo following whim and eat like healthy kings because lets face it eating right is expensive. 
Lastly I would finally invest in pets, I would get the pug I always dreamed of and adopt a rescue at the same time. I have always dreamed of getting animals but never had the time and resources to put into it to make sure they had the life they deserved and din't get the short end of the stick just because I'm young and poor. 
My best friend would benefit too, oh I love her and would take the girl shopping, traveling, whatever she wanted. A thank you I guess you could say for all the years of putting up with my warped mind episodes and hormone driven arguments she didn't deserve to get thrown into. She wouldn't do without if I had anything to say about it, I would encourage her to go back to school and do whatever it is she feels would make her happy. I mean after all isn't that all you can do when you have money? They say it can't buy happiness, but if I can make the people around me happy and their lives better, than that's already enough for me. 

© 2014 Amelia Lunar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014
Tags: lottery, wish, family, happiness

Author

Amelia Lunar
Amelia Lunar

FL



About
Whovian. PROUDFeminist. Happy. Crazy-in-love. more..

Writing