Page 32 and 33 of my Journal

Page 32 and 33 of my Journal

A Story by James Reyes
"

I guess I should follow my own advice a little more closely. Sometimes I'm sure I didn't write these things. But I signed the pages so I must have.

"
Page 32 and 33 of my journal:

I can smile peacefully to myself at the things I've laid to rest. Lost loved ones, bad choices, ruined relationships, and love that might have been.

The energy to keep those energies alive leaves no room for the new things that matter most. It takes away the attention you could give whole heartedly to what is here now, instead of what seemed so valuable before.

Recognizing the steps taken is just as important as taking them in the first place.

Let your mind evolve. Allow your love to heal yourself, and it will heal those around you like you never guessed it could. 

Show others that strength is only an idea in the shadow of their own true strength.

And that the wrong doors opened before can be closed, and locked, so long as they take the time and energy to turn the key they have always held.

-6-3-2013-

© 2014 James Reyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 10, 2014
Tags: True, Journal, Diary, Real, Life, Love, Loss, Strong, Worth, Hope, Live

Author

James Reyes
James Reyes

Reedley, CA



About
Just another human being. I have no credentials nor education in how to write, merely an interest in literature and writing that spawned when I was in my early teens. It is my getaway, a love, an .. more..

Writing
God God

A Poem by James Reyes