The start of the end

The start of the end

A Poem by Cenfreateu
"

Not everyone's favorite

"
Finally, I get to see my dreams come true
What a relief this is something new
Memories crawls infusing one's mind
Anger and hatred seems left behind

Smiling faces on every vision
Seeing life on every expression
Talking, eating, drinking, and unwind
Feels like everyone's seems so kind

Light feeling, I felt happy
Heavy feeling, I felt sorry
Displeasing as I feel
Loneliness and happiness, It seems so real

What an adventure it has been
Still do not know what does it mean
Fly in the air, I touch the sky
Gloominess embraces numbness subside

© 2023 Cenfreateu


Author's Note

Cenfreateu
I'm still new. I'm looking forward to see your reviews. Thank you in advance!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Life is an interesting journey. We grow, we change and the only constant is that the change is inevitable. Let us hope then, that the change will be for the better and apply our every effort to making that hope, a reality, not only for ourselves but for every other human being that we share this world with. I enjoyed your write and I look forward to reading more from you. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cenfreateu

1 Year Ago

I'm really happy not because people were able to post reviews on my writing but also able to underst.. read more



Reviews

Lifes a busy journey indeed. We tend to lose control of the day to day antics and with that turmoil can set in. We live in hope as hope is a key driver in ensuring that we continue on, happily with a smile on our face but not just for you but for others as well. We are not alone in this life nor should we feel that we are.

Posted 1 Year Ago


A very warm and refreshing read! Loved it!

Posted 1 Year Ago


I liked the hope and the energy of the poetry. You allowed the reader to understand. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Watch that gloominess inside, but don't struggle with it. Focus on the joy of the first part of the poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First, dump the italics. It's prettier by a bit, I suppose, but harder to read, and always go with easy-to-read.

One thing that needs to be addressed is that you're forcing the line to the needs of the rhyme, in places. and ignoring prosody. As an example, Stanza 1, line 1 has 5 feet, but S2L1, which should continue the structure of S1 has 4. And the number of feet in other lines isn't carried forward, either.

There's a lot to writing poetry that's not obvious, and other than the idea of rhyming, we learn nothing about it in our school days.

Remember, the purpose of school is to prepare us for the needs of our future employers, and other than greeting card companies, who need us to write poetry?

I have two suggestions that can make a huge difference. First, go to Amazon and look at the excerpt from Stephen Fry's, The Ode Less Traveled. It's a great introduction to the structure of language as it relates to the poet.

Next, for poetry, in general, download Mary Oliver's, A Poetry Handbook. The site I link to below will provide a readable copy but no on a phone), though in the end, you'll probably want to buy a copy of your own.
https://yes-pdf.com/book/1596

So... not what you hoped to hear, I know, but the problem is, our own writing always works for us, because we have both intent and context guiding our perception. But...knowing that the problem exists puts you ahead of most who post poetry here, and, is the first step toward eliminating it.

Hang in there, and keep on writing.

Jay Greenstein
https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/the-grumpy-old-writing-coach/




Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

First read of yours
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Lisa, now in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

You are most welcome. I am wondering why you sent me a friend request?
Lisa
Cenfreateu

1 Year Ago

Just want to make friends and your poems are so awesome. It's very interesting.
Cen
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Oh so you have read my poems? How kind of you and I do appreciate that you read...but where are you.. read more
You have left behind all the disquieted memories, and now it seems that your dreams have come true in a different way: perhaps viewing it more realistically which means that not every moment is sunny, but you are more accepting of circumstances...you now appreciate and savor the changed that have come before you.
Nice work!
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cenfreateu

1 Year Ago

That's very true. I'm greatful to you taking time to post a review on my writing. It means so much t.. read more
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

You're very welcome, keep writing!!
Best, B
Life is an interesting journey. We grow, we change and the only constant is that the change is inevitable. Let us hope then, that the change will be for the better and apply our every effort to making that hope, a reality, not only for ourselves but for every other human being that we share this world with. I enjoyed your write and I look forward to reading more from you. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cenfreateu

1 Year Ago

I'm really happy not because people were able to post reviews on my writing but also able to underst.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2023
Last Updated on February 27, 2023
Tags: Adventure, Dark

Author

Cenfreateu
Cenfreateu

Philippines




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Betrayal Betrayal

A Poem by s y e