Chapter Five : Brothers in Chess

Chapter Five : Brothers in Chess

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

We meet two brothers, Kanue and Yuzuru, those who seemed to be close enough to stand each other in the same room as the other is trying to learn Chess.

"

"Checkmate."

a voice said after a long gap of silence, moving the black king to knock over the white one on the chess board, a triumphant smile spread across his face,

"This is the Thirteenth time in a row brother. It seems you must improve."

This figure slumped back on his plump chair with long locks of purple hair falling over his shoulder, bearing shining, purple eyes looking down at his opponent, who was frustrated and speechless. His name was Yuzuru Sanae, a very intelligent and wise one who helped the village to grow and prosper as well as the sole reason of why the place hasn't been taken over by the city, the reason why the spots of green did not turn gray.

"That's not fair!" 

A voice sitting opposite of Yuzuru shouted, scratching his head furiously with one hand as he tried to contemplate what had just happened,

"I didn't know the King could do that! ANOTHER GAME!"

He pounded his fist on the table and then gathered up the chess pieces quickly with both hands, Yuzuru only replying to his temper with a hefty sigh as he shook his head.

Now, this one, his name was Kanue Sanae, Yuzuru's younger brother who looked nothing like him; bearing brown eyes and spiky, orange hair that mirrored his fiery personality. He was almost like Tybalt from one of Shakespeare's works, full of energy and hot-tempered. Reason being, he lost Thirteen games in a row. 

They both sat in the dark room of their mansion, being surrounded by large, rich furniture and blue, flower lined walls that matched Yuzuru's dark blue robe. There were no candles lit and there were no lights turned on. They only sat by a large window which allowed for them to use the sun as light. It was empty, it was quiet. 

It was just how Yuzuru liked it, being the quiet man that he is. 

"Please control your temper brother."

he begged, picking up one of the chess pieces that Kanue did not notice fall and then flicking his head with it before placing it down in front of him.

It was the chess piece of a Knight, the one that Yuzuru favored most.

"It will get the best of you, and besides, who would want a man with something such as that? You wouldn't want to drive her off, now would you?"

It was obvious how he had loved that girl who lived there. So obvious that it was almost funny how she doesn't know, although both of them are so thickheaded that it probably just goes through one ear and then out in another.

Yuzuru smirked as he leaned back again, seeing his brother get flustered as the boy tried placing the chess pieces back in their starting positions.

"Yeah . .  you're probably right . . ."

Kanue mumbled sadly as he sighed this time, stopping for a minute and then slumping back in his puffy chair, thinking about the girl that Yuzuru had mentioned.

Oh, how he wanted to see her right now rather than being stuck here learning how to play Chess. Kanue only was willing to learn because she had beat Yuzuru in it, the only one who could beat Yuzuru in the game. It would be silly if he couldn't, right? He was the man, and the man has to at least have something to brag about with her.

There was a silence that passed before Kanue picked himself up, now continuing the place them back in the positions before looking up with brown eyes full of energy, now just trying to make himself feel better.

"BUT, she wouldn't want a stick in the mud like you, brother!"

He had meant to make fun of Yuzuru, even though he knew it would have no effect. There were only two things that could poke that man's temper, and those things were comments about his long hair, which was now tied in a ponytail like a Samurai's, or, comments on how disgraceful the village is. 

"Ha, I don't believe I would want her either."

Yuzuru scoffed as he leaned over again to fix where Kanue had put the Bishop with narrowed brows at how impossible it was to teach him Chess.

"One Bishop goes next to its Knight, and the other is next to the King!"

He corrected, slamming the pieces on the board in frustration. Ugh, he wondered how he got stuck trying to help him with this, how he got stuck trying to help Kanue try to beat him just like how that woman did. He could have just let him win, but how? He was doing the wrong things with the wrong pieces. Kanue just didn't know.

This was the thirteenth time as well that he had to correct Kanue on this too, which added to his frustration. This might just add to his list of two pet peeves.  

"Hahahahaha, sorry brother . ."

Kanue smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of his head as he picked up the Queen next,

"Now where does this King go?"

He said it so innocently that it almost seem as if he were correct. That boy believed that he was correct. Of course he would mistake the Queen for the King, it was as expected. . . .

 Hearing that, Yuzuru then sighed and then rubbed his temples, one of his brows twitching as he corrected him once more saying, trying his hardest to stay as patient and as composed as he was before,

"That's the Queen you dimwit." 


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"That's the Queen, you dimwit" Hahaha!

Alright, I'm not normally attracted to literary texts, especially narratives concerning anime or manga themes. But you are a good story-teller, and you've ended this chapter exactly where I wanted to know more. Thank you for the read request. I'll be sure to read on.

-youoweoyoupay

Posted 11 Years Ago


HAHAHAHAAAAAA!
omfg! kanue is so DUMB!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

XD Yes, yes he is.
blegh

11 Years Ago

XD
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

^O^ That's Kanue~
MORE :D!!!
I LOVE THIS STORY ♥
I especially love all the unique hair and eye colors they all have XD


Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Anime 8D
Diasha

11 Years Ago

Gotta love anime ♥
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Mhm !!
Oh I love chess! Bravo! Bravo!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Lol. YAY 8D

AND OMG . . . SEBASTIAN!!!!! *O*
Akashi

11 Years Ago

Sebastian with peppermint butler!
Great, fantastic, fabulous. I don't know what to say! I love how you've set the dialogue and how you describe each character.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D
yay!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

8D
Megara

11 Years Ago

:P
Kanue My favorite awe

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Yay! 8D
this is so good! (as usual) :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Lol. Usual? XD
lol I love Yuzuru :D a great chapter, once again

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YAY! Thanks 8D
My fave chara is Kanue :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mavs

11 Years Ago

XDDDDDDDDDDD oh yea I finished ch 2
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YAY! - Goes to Read-
Mavs

11 Years Ago

:) well gtg eat dinner

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Tags: Chapter, Five, Brothers, Romance, Love, Book, Story


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Too Late Too Late

A Poem by CRZ