The Awakening

The Awakening

A Chapter by Cat
"

Violet finds that there are strange this that lurk in the dark, she's not scared of him, but others that hunt her and the powers that are being awaken in her. Can she survive this?

"

Prolog


I was huddled in the corner of my closet, trying to make myself as small as I could, praying that I’d become invisible. But no such luck. She found me, she always knew where to find me. “Come here you little witch” she said through gritted teeth.

 “I told you to the stay out of sight when we have visitors” she started to raise her voice while grabbing me hard my small hand, not good.

“I’m soorrry…” I wailed, tears streaming down my face “I won’t do it again...” still crying and trying to get my hand out of her iron clad grip.

 “Damn sure you won’t do it again, cause the next time you show yourself in front of anyone. I’ll let them have you for dinner, am I understood?” she said with this evil smile on her face.

Then she slapped me so hard that I blacked out, but before I went out I saw Darrel by the door frame having the same smile she had, but there was something different, his teeth look unusually sharp and canine shaped.


Chapter 1


First encounter


That’s when I woke up. Damn these nightmares just won’t go away. Now they are getting worse as my imagination is making Darrel into a monster with fangs, not that he wasn’t a monster, but in real life humans can be scarier than any other monster that you’d find in a horror story. Just like Darrel and Melisa they were the monsters in my life. Thank F**k they’re dead. Who killed them? S**t if I know, the only thing I remember is that after Melisa hit me that night, I woke up in the hospital with strangers telling that my parents had gone to heaven, pff…adults thought it was okay telling a six year all that her parents had flown away to God. They could see the bruises I had and how scared to death I was. I wasn’t a kind anymore, I had gone through more than a child should, and they could see that, but nobody said anything. After that they put gave me over to the state, I bounced from foster home to foster home until I found a safe place that I could remain until I turned eighteen, that was in two years from now, not that I was counting. My current sanctuary is with a family named the Millers. They were a really nice family compared to the scumbags that I’ve had throughout the years, I’ve been with them now for about six years. Anna Miller is my foster mother she a sweet little petite women 5ft. 5inch., a house wife with wavy blonde hair and blue eyes like the sky after a rain storm, she tried her best to make me feel safe and wanted , but the fact is I didn’t want to belong. Frank Miller was a hardworking man, cared very much for his family and pretty much nothing else, well maybe football. It was kinda ironic because he is this big 6ft. something tall with broad shoulders, jet black hair and eye that could see into your soul. They had this beautiful daughter my age, Alice, she intelligent, brave and a bombshell with the same wavy long blonde hair as her mother and blue eyes, but they were much dark than Anna’s, like the sea in the middle of a storm. She look like the model you see on magazines, at 5’10’ and legs for days and an attitude that goes with her image. She’s my best friend, my sister, she’s the only one I let in even though we are opposites in every way.

My door creeks open, I hear someone walking inside ever so slowly, stopping by my bed, I’m under the cover with my head under the pillow can’t see anything, but I feel everything, I can feel that there is a female in my room, and that something very bad is about to happen.

“Wakey, wakey sunshine” she jumps on me and I give an ouf at the weight,

 “ Ow, I think you broke something A.” not that I did, didn’t even feel her on top.

 “Quit being such a baby and get up!!” Alice shouted in my ear.

 “Why? Something better be on fire for me to get up” I said as I shifted to the side so she could lay beside me.

“We are going clubbing” A. said in a thrilling voice.

 “What? You do realize that we can’t get in, right? You need to be twenty-one for that” I was staring into her eye now and she had this twinkle of mischief. Oh boy we were going to do something bad to night.

As I looked at the clock, it read 12a.m, A continued “I know this guy, which I’m totally crushing on BTW, he’s name is Dean, he goes to that high school for rich folks, what’s the name!?”

“You mean the one in Ellensburg?  The cross academy?” I question.

“Yeah, that one” she brightens that now she remembered the name.

“Are you out of your freaking mind!? How do even know anyone from there, it’s the town over?” I start to raise my voice.

“Take a chill pill, I know Dean through Alex, he’s a nice guy and got us fake ids for tonight”

 I’ m amazed that with all the excitement she didn’t glow. Alex is a good friend from school, he has the fallen in love with Alice the first time he saw in high school and my sweet sister is oblivious.

“Yeah, still A. those guys from cross have pretty bad reputations, do you really think it’s safe?” I asked

“Totally, Dean said he’ll protect us, he’s a really nice guy V. please lets go, since mom and dad are gone to Aunt Maggie for the weekend we’ll never get this opportunity again, please!!” Now she was giving me her puppy dog eyes, and I can’t refuse her, don’t that I would have let her go alone.

“Sure, What the F**k! Let go! But we need to get back by sun rise, so that Mrs. Thorn doesn’t notice, okay!?” I say with enthusiasm in my voice.

What the hell a little fun never killed anyone. Besides I had this feel that I just had to be there tonight, something was drawing me out of my house. This feeling was eerie and a little unsettling. But I just rode it off a nerves, cause it was the first time going to a club after all.

“Oh thank you, thank you!!” said Alice giving me a peck on the cheek then skipping towards her bedroom to get ready.

As I went through my closet contemplating what to wear, I kept thinking of my nightmare, what was up with those fangs, I never saw them before in this dream. Wondering if I’m finally losing my mind, I go to the mirror to put on some make-up. There was nothing special as I looked at myself, long black hair, extremely white skin, normal lips and blue eyes. I wasn’t fat nor skinny. I was plain. I love black smoky eye shadow and bright red lip stick. Finished in minutes, got dressed with the dark blue skinny jeans I picked out and a black v neck shirt which read ‘FCUK ME’, it’s an acronym for Fashion Club UK. A. got it for me when she was on her school trip in the UK. That’s my sister to you, corky in every way.

Then I want look for Alice. As I walk in her room I see that she has on a tight leather skirt and a red blouse.

 “Girl you look hot” I cringe, knowing full well that I am anything but.

 She gives me an amazing smile “Unlike you, I like to dress up, and since you insist on wear casual clothes put these pumps on” she hands me red pumps.

“You wanna kill me in these” I scoff. But I put them on, silently I love high heels.

“Nah, just making you look sexier and we both know you love them” she laughs at me. Damn she knows me to well.

“Come on already, it’s like an hour and a half till Ellensburg” I yell back at her while I’m making my way down the stairs, got the car keys, phone and money.

 

I get to the car in the garage and hairs on the back on my head bristle. Must be cold, maybe I should get a jacket!

The passenger door opens and Alice gets in. Too late, no jacket then. “Here we go” I say.  



Holy S**t! We are finally here, if had to listen to one more Ariana Grade song, I would’ve probably ran off the road intentionally.

And I look around, this street is quite small, I see a parking lot on the left and the club on the right. As I stare at the bright red colors of the clubs name, Silver, I see the endless line of people waiting to get in.

“Huh, what did you say?” I turn my attention towards Alice. Since I didn’t hear her over the music blaring from the club. At least it’s good music, Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

“I said, this is going to be the best night ever!” she squealed. Damn that high voice of hers. But I couldn’t pretend that I wasn’t excited as well.

“Where do we need to meet your guy, Dean?” I asked. Bing.

“Oh, he just texted me, he said to go to the front door, he’ll be waiting there”

“But won’t the other people in line get mad, that we are cutting in line?” I ask

“Ah I didn’t tell you but Dean’s the owners bother, so we’ll be okay to get in without trouble” she said in almost a whisper.

“No way! Alice I hope to god that if that guy of yours wants more than just friendship, you know how dangerous it is, so please don’t take drinks form him and stay by my side at all times, understood? Hope that is everything, and that you aren’t keeping something else from me!” by the end of my rant I was still looking at her, but she wasn’t looking at me at this point which means that she still hasn’t told me everything.

 

 To be Continued...

 

 

 



© 2015 Cat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cat,
Your story is intriguing and the plot seems good. You're good at getting into the head of the character, but there are some things I noticed that might make your story irresistible:
1. Whenever you write, make sure the syntax is okay and the necessary punctuation is used (commas and such). That make the story relaxing (if you know what mean)
2. Honey, you use too many curse words. I know that you might use them in normal life but when you write a book or a story, for it to be professional, you need to make it more literary.
Your plot seems pretty decent and like I said these are just suggestions because this seems like an awesome story.
Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cat

9 Years Ago

Iris,
First off, thank you for taking the time to read my story.
Secondly, I really ap.. read more
Iris

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Cat. Oh, and don't give up on the story. Keep hope, even if you have to drag it.. read more



Reviews

Cat,
Your story is intriguing and the plot seems good. You're good at getting into the head of the character, but there are some things I noticed that might make your story irresistible:
1. Whenever you write, make sure the syntax is okay and the necessary punctuation is used (commas and such). That make the story relaxing (if you know what mean)
2. Honey, you use too many curse words. I know that you might use them in normal life but when you write a book or a story, for it to be professional, you need to make it more literary.
Your plot seems pretty decent and like I said these are just suggestions because this seems like an awesome story.
Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cat

9 Years Ago

Iris,
First off, thank you for taking the time to read my story.
Secondly, I really ap.. read more
Iris

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Cat. Oh, and don't give up on the story. Keep hope, even if you have to drag it.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: #supernatural, #romance, #vampires


Author

Cat
Cat

Romania



About
Hi! I'm new here, I've never written anything before, so go easy on me. Would love some feedback. Thanks C. more..

Writing
The Awakening The Awakening

A Book by Cat