A poet's love..

A poet's love..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Great song and a question. When a poet, when a writer loved you. Do you become immortal?

"
"As long as the poet's words live, the beloved will be, in a way, still alive too."
Shakespeare

“If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.”― Mike  Everett

"If a writer loves you, you will always exist. Your name will be permanently etched into paper, your physical descriptions printed in ink. You will flourish in their writing; their articles, their journals, their short stories, their poems. You will always be frozen in time." Unknown

A poet's love..

The oldest poet at Port Austin wrote to journal. Did I find Hemingway "Agnes"? Did I learn the suffering, like Salinger, because of " Oona O'Neil"?

Us poets and writer, we adore love and we seek love. Do we seek forever or to create a new chapter in a life seeking adventure?

The ancient poets told us. When we write. We make our lover names, forever. We make beautiful places, more wonderful and we accept war as norm. 

Us, who love the books. Us, who adore the dance of love. Us, who seek war over kisses, we shall learn. Maybe we didn't want enough?

In a sweet dream in Germany. I told the pretty German girl. If a poet loved you. You will live forever in poetry of wishes, betrayal and nightmares. Poets love to write more than life.

Now the old poet see flashes of beautiful faces, he remember dancing and drinking in London. He remembered he promised a beautiful Scottish girl, a wedding and forever. Now just words, he had written. They became.

Now his exhausted mind needs a whirlwind of hope to excite his soul. He don't seek voices no-more. He is content with Lake Huron and the Port Austin pier. He told the night. I do remember her. My beautiful Sheena.

She told me on a warm Spring day. If we kiss with the night sky above us, if we dance till midnight. Will you promise me forever?

He made the poet's promises and now dear Sheena, is the poet's lasting dream, she is his lasting sadness. In his words.

Now like Hemingway. He drink the whiskey alone and he write alone. Now like Salinger. He had damn the need of love.

Bukowski told me many years ago. Us, who love to write. We must suffer to write and love isn't our wealth. Cigars and whiskey, never broke my heart.

The old poet take off his shoes and he walked part-way into the Lake Huron and he told the stars. Please tell the kind ladies. Never love a poet, never love a writer. His true love are words.

Dancing Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear, Cayote Poetry, oh, how it breaks my heart to hear such,
happening, but it's an experience, a dreadful one, must add,
forgive me, but it shall too pass, and it so penetrated me
each culminating word of shattering, and it caused me to
have nothing but pulsating, vibrations of dread and hope that
you find comfort,

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Months Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. In old age. Memories become less painful and more.. read more
1809 Black Plague December

11 Months Ago

Yes, dear, I send you a hug, and hope those feelings fade away, we are in those times where it affec.. read more



Reviews

Loved so much to see your poetry connected to so many poets... to so much love... to voices carrying passion and freedom and bliss across every wind and wave. Oh, if only every soul could be a poet... overflowing with love and light... what could this world be like then?

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

It would be a better world my friend and thank you for reading and the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
Dear Coyote,

I do agree so much here with you that one mustn't fall in love with artists in general and writers in particular because they love their words more than they can ever love anyone else. As I read your words, I see so many beautiful people arrive and leave, a world of love is shared also but in the end, a poet is left all alone with his solitudinous world of words. Those wonderful people just become lovely memories and words. Here, I loved the term coined by you, "poet's promise". It absolutely brilliant in that perhaps a poet's promise is almost always a broken heart. A very beautiful poem to read and I loved it absolutely.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are right dear Divya. A poet's promise. Maybe just myth and tale. Thank you dear friend for read.. read more
D

1 Year Ago

I absolutely enjoyed this read. It's my pleasure and you are most welcome, dear Coyote.
Wonderful, and yes it is true.

We creative types however.. Need these personal hells... Because we spend the greatest moments before we pay the price, and afterwards.. There is nothing left to do, but bleed countless seas of words and agonizing over the memories.

It's a real bitter experience, but at the same time, it is addicting.

Just like a fighter who seeks conflict and at the same time wonders if it's wrong.. We seek new beginnings, new complications, make promises, commitments, but never actually settle for the people we choose, because.. In the end as you so aptly put it: we choose words, alcohol, and tobacco.. More new beginnings and complications, but the truth is that we can never really discard the broken pieces of previous relationships..

It's a sad way of life maybe, but.. It's also full of wonders and all the highs and lows of life.

Parts of this actually remind me of Writer's lines in the movie Stalker.
This subject is actually difficult to write about, so you've outdone yourself this time.
Cheers

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Dennis for reading and the comment. Us, who want to write into the night. We learn too lat.. read more
Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

Well.. I know there are no words to set it right, but.. It is a necessary thing to do. If you didn't.. read more
Brother I wish I could write like you, capture everything in words but you as we read can see, you are Master because you keep us in thought as we read, I love to read something that makes me wonder,
Thank you for sharing

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Mauricio for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate them.
Mauricio Montoya

1 Year Ago

Thank you for sharing
It’s sad how some people fall in love with the feeling of being in love rather than loving the person in question. Yes, what are poets without life experiences and imagination. Nice write John.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are right Andrew and thank you for reading and the comment.
I believe a poet can love his word and also can share his love with another.... I also believe that poets like to write about life but in addition about love and what love has to offer. I deem some sadness in your poem that poets create an aura of sadness and despair for their loved ones, as did Hemingway.... because their number one priority is writing.
Nice work!
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Even Salinger lost his way. He tried to kill himself twice. He did found a strong woman who kept him.. read more
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Yes , that's true, we become so focused!
You're bey welcome John! And I'm gals you like my ne.. read more
It was interesting how the narrative changed as this poem developed. Sometimes statement, then story from an objective perspective, then biography and back and forth. The subject is strong for me. Writing for me is usually motivated by a specific person. That they live forever in those words or know the words in the sharing is the intention. You really touch on that in this poem. But I kind of hope they who love a poet, don't read this. Who would love us then?

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are right Williams. Donne stayed with one woman and he had eleven children. Maybe he can change .. read more
Your word ring so much in truth and style. You immortalize the beloved through your poetry. They become part of your narrative.
Kudos.......................

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The old poet take off his shoes and he walked part-way into the Lake Huron and he told the stars. Please tell the kind ladies. Never love a poet, never love a writer. His true love are words."

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"In a sweet dream in Germany. I told the pretty German girl. If a poet loved you. You will live forever in poetry of wishes, betrayal and nightmares. Poets love to write more than life."

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Sami for reading the many nice comments. I do appreciate.
Sami Khalil

1 Year Ago

You are always welcome Coyote...

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2023
Last Updated on March 12, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Uneasy Uneasy

A Poem by D