The Big Water.

The Big Water.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some mini-poetry. Ojibwa call the Great lakes. The Big Water.

"
The Big water..
1- The stirring of the quiet night wake my sleeping spirit. I have roamed into the deep forest seeking some sort of peace. The grey owl watched me with his old eyes. I felt comfort with the grey owl near. He remembered his Ojibwa grandmother words. Please Johnnie, search for the safety of nature and dance with the Big water. Please run wild with the free wolves and remember your animal spirit. One day, you will find your animal spirit. I did.
I was the coyote. The laughing, joking and wise coyote. I became. I told the grey owl, hello dear grandmother. Thank you for finding me and keeping me company. I am on our Ojibwa land near the Big Water and I wanted to be with you. I have become tired and I need to learn to be wild and free again. Many hawks came near and wolves were singing loud tonight.
I felt stronger and I burned some white sage. And I went to Big water, took off my shoes and closed my eyes. I heard my grandmother whispering to me. Dancing Coyote, you ain't done yet. You have a pack of baby coyotes, who need you alive and strong. Life isn't easy but if you need me. Whisper to the trees, whisper to the Big water. I, grandmother grey owl will come to you.
I walked into the Big Water and I told the moon, I told the stars. I ain't done yet. Please dear grandmother. Tell my father. I will see him soon. 
2- I wanted the quiet death.
Now my rotting mind seek more words.
I need strong thoughts, hard statements and erotic wisp to make my mind remember.
My heart is broken.
I forgot names and faces of people, I loved.
I kept old love letter and I kept my old family letters.
I have kept the old photos to remind me.
I had lived once and I was loved once.
Do our memories become forgotten?
If the life of one, is forgotten.
Did we live?
Dancing Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This bit: 2- I wanted the quiet death.
Now my rotting mind seek more words.
I need strong thoughts, hard statements and erotic wisp to make my mind remember.

I absolutely love it, because it's something I can definitely relate to.
A wonderful piece, as always my friend.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Dennis Wolf. I appreciate the comment.
Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

Sure thing.



Reviews

“If the life of one, is forgotten.
Did we live?”
Coyote, this poem is a wonderful narrative and so resonant to me. You share amazing imagery of your beloved Ojibwa grandmother, the majestic grey owl, hawks, wolves and the wise coyote- your namesake… such a magical and mystical vision! I feel the immense love and respect you have for your grandmother and her teachings. My Italian immigrant grandmother raised me and I share these feelings. With age, our image of ourselves blur, fade, we fight not to lose ourselves. You ask the hard question at the end. It is a ponderance as we step ever closer to the “Big Water”. I think, if we danced my friend,… we lived. Master Class writing!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Annette. We need the Big water and our memories. I appreciate the comment.
We are like the grass in the field that withers away in the sun and one day its place will know it no more. Not one of us can escape this fate.
The memories though...they live till we live. And after us, perhaps they live on in the stars. I am very moved by the heartache in your beautifully written words. May the grey owl and the Ojibwa grandmother bless and comfort you always.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Divya. She still whispered to me in my sleep. I appreciate the comment dear friend.
Ayvid N

1 Year Ago

Have a beautiful day dear friend. You are welcome always.
Growing old certainly unleashes a pattern of thoughts not thought when young. Indeed, did we ever live? Where is my mark?

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Good questions asked Winston. I keep photos of my mentors in a old bible. I say their names, when I .. read more
Great writing and thoughts

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you darshu.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2023
Last Updated on January 11, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Holes Holes

A Poem by Brad Dehler