The Big Water.

The Big Water.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some mini-poetry. Ojibwa call the Great lakes. The Big Water.

"
The Big water..
1- The stirring of the quiet night wake my sleeping spirit. I have roamed into the deep forest seeking some sort of peace. The grey owl watched me with his old eyes. I felt comfort with the grey owl near. He remembered his Ojibwa grandmother words. Please Johnnie, search for the safety of nature and dance with the Big water. Please run wild with the free wolves and remember your animal spirit. One day, you will find your animal spirit. I did.
I was the coyote. The laughing, joking and wise coyote. I became. I told the grey owl, hello dear grandmother. Thank you for finding me and keeping me company. I am on our Ojibwa land near the Big Water and I wanted to be with you. I have become tired and I need to learn to be wild and free again. Many hawks came near and wolves were singing loud tonight.
I felt stronger and I burned some white sage. And I went to Big water, took off my shoes and closed my eyes. I heard my grandmother whispering to me. Dancing Coyote, you ain't done yet. You have a pack of baby coyotes, who need you alive and strong. Life isn't easy but if you need me. Whisper to the trees, whisper to the Big water. I, grandmother grey owl will come to you.
I walked into the Big Water and I told the moon, I told the stars. I ain't done yet. Please dear grandmother. Tell my father. I will see him soon. 
2- I wanted the quiet death.
Now my rotting mind seek more words.
I need strong thoughts, hard statements and erotic wisp to make my mind remember.
My heart is broken.
I forgot names and faces of people, I loved.
I kept old love letter and I kept my old family letters.
I have kept the old photos to remind me.
I had lived once and I was loved once.
Do our memories become forgotten?
If the life of one, is forgotten.
Did we live?
Dancing Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This bit: 2- I wanted the quiet death.
Now my rotting mind seek more words.
I need strong thoughts, hard statements and erotic wisp to make my mind remember.

I absolutely love it, because it's something I can definitely relate to.
A wonderful piece, as always my friend.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Dennis Wolf. I appreciate the comment.
Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

Sure thing.



Reviews

You are deep in spirit, my grandma told me we should be water not a fish who gets caught in net, run the rivers until we make the ocean I guess in her mind the ocean was the big water.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Mauricio for reading and the comment. Ojibwa people called the Great Lakes, the big water... read more
There is so much here I would like to be associated with. THe subjct matter of course, but also the whole structure and the way it engendered feelings within me. An excellent piece of writing. So many amazing parts that I can feel myself as a reader. Thankyou John.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Ken for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
I do believe my dear friend that your thoughts a relatable by most readers.
I enjoyed this read very much.
Story telling with a hint of poetry...
Hope that we might be remembered.
I too keep old letters and photos...helps remember..
Lisa, still in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

We must dear Lisa. Old letters and old photos. In the end. All we have. Thank you for reading and th.. read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

You are most welcome..
Lisa
This bit: 2- I wanted the quiet death.
Now my rotting mind seek more words.
I need strong thoughts, hard statements and erotic wisp to make my mind remember.

I absolutely love it, because it's something I can definitely relate to.
A wonderful piece, as always my friend.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Dennis Wolf. I appreciate the comment.
Dennis Wolf

1 Year Ago

Sure thing.
As we age our memories can fade. The letters and photographs and memorabilia can stimulate those memories I love hearing about your ancestral ways and grey owl, your grandmother. My grandmother speaks to me too, through nature. My job is not done here yet either. There are young ones that need further guidance. There is so much wisdom in your writes Coyote.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Chris. We have the future to worry about. New world, hard work for the parent.
This was beautiful Coyote. This was an ancestral flow a unity with nature and our link in a long chain of life. "If the life of one is forgotten did we live" is a profound question that I don't pretend to have the answer for but I will continue to ponder.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Me too Soren. I glance at old photos. I see faces rarely spoke about now. I say their names. Thank y.. read more
Wow my brother if you bring great spirit it because of your words this write is a prayer to father sky in where you bring mother earth but we live as men but you words ring true because we must live before we die. I must put this in my library.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts
May great spirit be with you in all your paths

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Mauricio. We must be kind to the forest and the water. We need them more than they need us.. read more
Mauricio Montoya

1 Year Ago

Yes many don't see the same
Love your work
Mauricio Montoya

1 Year Ago

I had to read it again this time you brought memories.
Coyote, this is deeply moving and I adore the manner in which you treasure your history, ancestors and nature. Your question has me thinking. If the life of one is forgotten, did we live?
I would say yes, we have. Our legacy extends beyond memories. It's in how we've treated people and in how we've raised our children. There's a cascading of goodness that flows long after we're gone.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I hope dear Ciara. Thank you for reading and the comment.
dearest Coyote… grandmothers are very Wise… old grey Owls 🦉 will always be with our Spirit. Lovely words that wander like Birds in the Forest. I appreciate the ways of the American
Heritage who still teaches us to respect the Old Ways… Amen… Pat

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patricia Wedel

1 Year Ago

My family on my Mother’s side has American Indian Heritage… and now my Son Robert is married to .. read more
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Me too dear Pat. I teach my grandchildren to love nature. They need to be outside. We are the teache.. read more
Patricia Wedel

1 Year Ago

dear John.. by the way, my son’s Wife joined the Navy three years ago (for only four or five years.. read more
Your words contain myth, love, and wisdom, Coyote. Loneliness can make us feel hopeless at times. That's when we may start asking questions that may not have answers. Faith, and having something to believe in must often be our only resolve.

It's always a pleasure to read your words. Always.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Relic for reading and the comment. I appreciate the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2023
Last Updated on January 11, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Uneasy Uneasy

A Poem by D