The sea is near

The sea is near

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                  The sea is near

"We poets in our youth begin with gladness; But thereoff in the end despondency and madness"- Wordsworth

"Soldier, rest! thy warfare o'ver, Dream of fighting fields no more: sleep the sleep that knows not breaking, morn of toil, nor night of waking"--Sir Walter Scott

"Easy life and quiet death"--Sir Walter Scott


                                     The sea is near

Old Poet sat alone at the Monterey Irish Pub on the pier. It is late 1996. He wrote. "Old debts are not due. Just forgotten. Just forgotten promises made.  Beautiful faces loved, not forgotten. Just the old Poet bleeding words and dead memories into harden skin and his broken heart.

The sea is near. The Poet solitude friend. She was always waiting for him, like a jealous lovers not willing to release his love. He loved the sea for she was free and never tamed. Once he thought he knew freedom and he was like the free wind. Blowing at-will without control and chains.

The Poet seek the good death once. Now he accepted the old age and he loved the words, storytellers and writers now. He digest the books of story and poetry now daily. Dark Poet became the man who accepted less and wanted everything still.

The Poet wrote. "Dryden was right. Men love madness, men love war. The hope and dream of peace forgotten goal and place.

Now he loved the hard drink and he loved the pretty women. Old age made him understand. Every kiss and embrace shared. A miracle for love. He had not forgotten love. He was just waiting for the last grasp into the love dance and song.

The Pacific ocean was dancing and singing to him. He loved the Winters in Monterey. The Winter storms were tempting and dangerous. He brought his suicide board and body suit to keep the cold at-bay. He was waiting for the crazy surfers. They would come later. They knew where the waves were at their peak. He loved to test the Pacific ocean. He felt smaller and safer in her arms.

Pretty Poet sat with him.  She had her suicide board, her body suit near and a perfect tempting smile. She asked him. "Are we dancing with the sea dear Johnnie." He smiled at the auburn hair beauty and he told her.

Yes my sweetheart. He kissed her forehead, lips and neck.  Her blue eyes shone brightly and he whispered. "You are my perfect storm.

            John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words and story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
So I thought about stalking your writing again today. :D
Okay, enough jokes.

This piece had my eyes glued to every word, every line ... especially these " Beautiful faces loved, not forgotten. Just the old Poet bleeding words and dead memories into harden skin and his broken heart."

I loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Kossuth. I appreciate the comment.
D

8 Years Ago

My pleasure



Reviews

Wow! this tugs at you, I like that in a write,
Emotions play a part of us when we read each others writes,
I must say this is a tugger to me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Kitseth. I love the sea. Perfect place to create and have great conversations.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
So I thought about stalking your writing again today. :D
Okay, enough jokes.

This piece had my eyes glued to every word, every line ... especially these " Beautiful faces loved, not forgotten. Just the old Poet bleeding words and dead memories into harden skin and his broken heart."

I loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Kossuth. I appreciate the comment.
D

8 Years Ago

My pleasure
you are a storyteller for sure.
the combined quotes started the mood for this one,

made me question the writing,
my continuing state of mind writing,
and love
to do that in a short span is fascinating to me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Bacchus for reading and the comment. I appreciate the comment. Writing should be pleasure... read more
Men love madness, men love war. The hope and dream of peace forgotten goal and place.

Those words really struck me, thank you for sharing. I really enjoy the stories you share. They are slices of life and wisdom.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Rarely are words of peace spoken. We live in a world led by angry leaders.
Papaya

8 Years Ago

Yes, sadly...
John, when I saw the names, Wordsworth, Scott and Dryden, I knew for sure that your writing would be one of your very, very best. And, my friend, it is, it is!

You've woven so many thoughts and tableaux into what is the most beautiful canvas. That man's light might be a little dimmer than was, but, oh my, how he still plans to look forward, onward.. like the ocean goes and comes, endlessly, glorious in its every mood.

For me the sea is still the untainted being on this planet. Yes, it has debris and hidden poison in so many parts of it... Both Man and technology's irresponsibility. But the tides rule - as they're ruled by the moon, still proving they can sweep the shore in all its peace and panic.. quiet days or wild. As to the surfing.. well... that itself is LIVING within and surrounded by space.... such glorious space.

Sorry, as ever, typed too much but i do that when moved by someone's words and thoughts and.. thank you so much for sharing..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
Great story of old age, love death & alcohol. Kerouac would have been proud. Good one Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
I really like the sentimentality of this one John. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Old age does make us wiser. Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment..
The imagery used is amazing. The sea brings out the best in a poet.
The rise and the ebb of your words gives way to a storm in the thoughts of the reader.
Beautifully done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree and thank you for reading and the comment.
I like this story becuz of the interesting new details (such as surfing in winter) that I haven't seen in your other messages. Details always make a message more interesting & relatable. I also relate becuz I've lived near the Monterey Bay most of my life *smile* Many nice descriptions & good sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I loved Monterey. I will return next year for a week.
love the last line...this reminds me of the song Brandy by Looking Glass..."my life my love and my lady is the sea"
although here the sea is willing to share---and the old poet never forgets....just writes about what he remembers.

beautiful piece of writing, Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

844 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2016
Last Updated on July 23, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..