Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

excerpt: "Many writers and philosophers have claimed that the ‘beautiful goddess’ has shown herself in their dreams, she was admiring of them..."

"

Chapter 2


As I dictated earlier our king has a number of councils that serve below him. Two in particular is the Sovereign of the Night, and the Pharaoh of Light.

Well, Clorocks has not seen the night sky for as long back as I can remember. The last memory I have of seeing darkness is when I was about seven years old. I remember our three moons shinning magnificently below the northern star. Then all was light.

Thereafter it has always remained daylight. The right eye of Plutonomis, as we call our sun. So then the first moon that sits below the northern star is known as the left eye of Plutonomis. Our moons lie in the pattern of a triangle, it is legend that while the kings right eye sleeps, his left eye, and the two eyes of the Sovereign of the Night keep a watch while the monarch’s right eye rests.

The Sovereign of the Night has called a mutiny against King Plutonomis. I do not know why. But is she the reason for all this aversion against Plutonomis? Her name is Nyx, and though it has been a long tradition even as far back as the ancient times the Sovereign of the Night and the Pharaoh of the Light were never to actually show their faces. But many significants have claimed to have seen Nyx. There is another rumor brewing that if mutiny erupts the Pharaoh of the Light will finally show himself. I have heard tales that Nyx thrives in vanity, and though she hasn’t ever shown herself up until this point, many artists have vivid descriptions of her appearance. Many writers and philosophers have claimed that the ‘beautiful goddess’ has shown herself in their dreams, she was admiring of them... However, no description of the Pharaoh has ever been written, nor discussed. 

Several weeks into height of late summer I had dreamt. A very vivid, unusual dream. I saw the sun, it engulfed a majority of the sky. It’s rays sparkled much like rippling water. I saw the most magnificent bird. A red bird with great wings of fire. The very tip of it’s tail a magnificent blue. It’s eyes were a bright blue. The brightest prettiest thing I had ever seen before. The bird flew back and forth before the sun. It was watching me, not evil nor menacingly, but gently. It flew closer and closer to me. I could feel the heat emitting from it’s feathers, such a beautiful bird. I held out my hand, it flew closer, and closer to me. Then it stopped in midair, hovered for a moment. It’s size was magnificent. I stepped closer. It appeared to me smiling. It’s eyes looked at me slyly. Then I awoke. 



© 2012 Carrie Manor


Author's Note

Carrie Manor
For Ravena and C ! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 18, 2012


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing