Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

Excerpt: " On the walls were aligned jars, and jars of specimens collected by the doctor and myself. Most were animal, very few were plant, the rest were human."

"

Part II.

Dropping the quill from my hand, my eyes darted back to the window. The sky was scared, bleeding orange and red from the sunset. Thunder racked from the heavens, and sent all its’ fury down in hurling bolts. My nerves shook, where was Doctor Fraunbach?

Immediately I heard the bolts of the front door shook. The building shuddered as the wooden door slammed. I listened in, speedy, plodding footsteps were hastening towards the cellar door of the laboratory.

“ Franz! Franz!” It was the doctor calling me, I hurried to the cellar. 

The cellar was dark, the doctor kept only four large torches constantly lit. Yet, lights, and streams of substances were continually streaming and flashing on and off. On the walls were aligned jars, and jars of specimens collected by the doctor and myself. Most were animal, very few were plant, the rest were human. Flickering in the corner was a holographic depiction of a human brain.

I pulled the cellar door closed behind me, I espied the doctor, he was holding his latest work before the holograph. I put my lab coat on and quickly dashed for the computer generating the holograph. 

The doctors eyes were moving madly back and forth at the image, “ Franz. It’s finishing.”

The holograph began to flicker harder, I felt a heat generating from the computer. 

I began to tremor, “ Doctor I think it’s going to crash.”

“ Shh!” The doctor’s eyes still moving heavily on the screen. 

I covered my face as the entire computer erupted emitting a blinding light. When the lights finally died I uncovered my eyes, not to far off stood Fraunbach turning it in his hands, a small microchip. Our mouths dropped.



© 2013 Carrie Manor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing