Habits

Habits

A Poem by Captain Rilen

Habits.

Necessities that need to be performed within a set period of time to remain within your norm, your constant and methodical routine, your structure and guidance, filler intended to ensure that big events remain interesting. What happens when there are no big events, nothing defining in your life, nothing driving  you other than your morning coffee? You miss everything. Everything that has already happened. It won't be back, no that's not possible, all you have is a hope that things will be again as they have been before. Well like the past but unique,  new , new events and occurrences to shape you, let you be who you want to be. Waiting for them simply isn't going to cut it any more, no, that's selling yourself short. Your time is so precious, don't waste it on the ordinary. Let us seek happiness, romance, laughter and most importantly adventure. Don't become stuck in this mundane cycle, a cycle which is swollen and heavy, filled with the negative emotions it eventually comes to produce. If you're not happy you need to make the change, and you're going to have to strain yourself to do so. All I want for you is for you to be the ne plus ultra of yourself and then to continue doing so, 'til the day you die. 

© 2015 Captain Rilen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
Wow, I really loved this. I have some bad habits of my own and they really do control me. Thank you for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015

Author

Captain Rilen
Captain Rilen

Australia



About
It was time for a new description! I'm sorry I don't review work as much but if I get a review from you I will always try to post one back once I have the time. University and work are both demanding .. more..

Writing