Realization Pt. 4

Realization Pt. 4

A Story by Jessica L Auster

It's strange that my heart leaps for crazy Gemini men. Billy's losing his touch nowadays. He spoke to me last week and told me I should go see a therapist. Do you think he was getting tired of me? Everybody did after a while. But I never thought Billy would. Today's Thursday. That's when I see Jennie: my therapist. I hate her. She's a cute blonde with a husband of three years. Newlyweds. She knows nothing. But I know the truth. I know that he cheats on her every Thursday and Friday. How do I know this? Because that's when I'm in bed with him. I don't care though, because he's sane. She continues to spit advice in my face. I tell her that she's wrong. And she tells me I'm crazy.

"Why John?" She asks me. I shrug my shoulders. Why John? Because John...aka "Mr. Gemeni"...knows how to please and pleasure. "Well there has to be something." She speaks again. I shrug again and look out the window. Yeah...there is something...he's a good f**k.

"Rita, why did you marry him?"

"For the sex." I replied. She, for some reason, looked bewildered as if no one's ever said that before. I continued to look out the window.

"Rita, why do you constantly look out the window?" She looked concerned...I hated that. I was silent for a moment before I spoke.

"Because I'd rather not look at your face." I paused. "And...sometimes I wish I was out there. Like one of those birds that fly high in the sky."

"Why?" She asks.

"Because they don't hurt emotionally, like humans do. They eat, sleep, and breathe and that's all that's important to them. They don't feel the need to worry or cry. They just take life day by day and they don't look back on the past or look too much into the future. They focus on the present and nothing else. Birds look after eachother, do you know that? When Canadian Geese fly in that "V" you see in the sky, the goose at the point is the one who leads them. And when that goose falls down, one goose falls with them so they're not alone down there. No human does that. No one cares about you even though you care about them. And when he tells you he loves you, he doesn't mean it. No one loves you." I finished. She looked astonished by my answer. Like I wasn't smart enough to say something like that. I know what she's thinking. But that's okay, because I'm f*****g her husband in twenty minutes.

© 2008 Jessica L Auster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 1, 2008