My Missing Heart

My Missing Heart

A Story by Jessica L Auster

 

Dear Sweet Lover,
 
            I know there are times where one has to say goodbye, but I don’t want to. The feeling of wanting to cry is well in my heart. My throat begs for cries and yells to scream out…wanting you to come back. Your coat is still on the brown wooden chair in the kitchen, and your scent is still vivid in my memory…of you. Will you see this, lover? Will you visit me before long? The time comes where everyone has to leave, but you took off too soon.
            My heart is forever yours, and I carry my love for you for eternity. You’re my warm breeze on a spring afternoon and my warm cup of tea as I sit by the fire. Oh lover of mine, you know you changed my life? All I ask is for you to come back to me…so I can lie everlastingly in your arms of comfort.
            Your side of the bed is still made, exactly the way you left it. And I still do the dishes the way you told me to. When the clock strikes six, I glance every so often, just to see if you had came home from work. Once I thought I saw you…but it must’ve been my crazy imagination…wanting to see you so badly. You know, sometimes I call your phone, and listen to your voicemail…just so I can hear you speak…it still gives me butterflies.
            Baby, you’re truly the love of my life and I have to face the facts that I’ll never see you again. There’s so much I wanted to say to you and never said it…but I feel it’s far too late for it now. Goodbye my heart and soul…and hope to see you again for a moment. Will our love be a strong enough force to bind us together…even as we’re miles apart? …One can only hope so.

            I’ll do my time and hope that it’s short, because your face being seen by my eyes is something I want always. Miracles don’t happen much…and in your case they didn’t exist. But for me I’ll make sure of it, because I’d go through hell for you. 

© 2008 Jessica L Auster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautiful piece. In so few words you have managed to capture so many emotions. Although this piece leaves me with a sense of sadness it is still a wonderful write.
I especially like your use of imagery - the notion that you would still make someones bed, or tat you would remember how someone what taught you to wash you (people are so particular about those sorts of things don't they). I feel you have managed to capture all of the emotions assoicated with losing someone. You have also managed to capture how someone feels when they are in love.
Congrats on this write.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2008
Last Updated on July 23, 2008