Ordinary Day

Ordinary Day

A Story by Jessica L Auster
"

Just a little "comody" I had to write for class.

"

 

Max Miller was strolling down Hunter Street on his way to school as he usually did. What he forgot was that the sidewalk was uneven, and so, he fell flat on his face. Max was still on the ground when he heard two sets of footsteps creep behind him. His breathing grew shorter and shaky. He attempted to get back up, but one of the boys put his big black boot on top of Max’s back. His face hit the ground and a newly spat out piece of gum stuck to his forehead.
Max groaned under his breath and the two bullies only made their brutality worse. Max was finally left alone; he slowly got up from the cold, hard ground, and he made his way safely to school. As soon as he set foot on campus, some snickering came from different groups of people. Few laughed, but most pointed as well. Max couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him until his crush, Allyson Ockner, told him herself.
“Max…” she said, with a look of embarrassment for him.
“Yeah?” he smiled, thinking she was going to say something worthwhile.
“You have…gum…on your face.” Allyson said, pointing at it. Max’s facial expression led to the belief that he had been put down. With a disgusted look, he slowly took the gum off of his forehead and flicked it onto the ground.
            Max walked into the school and went to his locker. Although Max was the “loser type”, he still had friends.
“Hey Randy, you wouldn’t believe what happened ta—“ Max turned to face left, where Randy usually was, but instead got hit by the locker immediately next to him. Max fell on the floor and his head hit like a bowling ball racing towards the pins. His hands were at his sides and he attempted to bring them up to his head, but somebody had stepped on them by accident. Max let out a yell to get the person’s attention so he wouldn’t be in anymore pain than he was already in. Randy hovered over Max and let out a laugh as he helped his best friend up.
“Are you okay? I saw what happened.” Randy said. Max rubbed the backside of his head with a slight wince at the pain and then replied “I think I should go to the nurse.”
            Max sauntered clumsily to the nurse due to his obscure vision. Various students chuckled as they saw him pass, knowing about the incident that occurred earlier.
“HEY LOOK; IT’S THAT KID FROM THE VIDEO!” Annie Jane Allans howled across the hall as the two boys marched passed. Max looked at Randy with curiosity, wondering what video Annie Jane was talking about.
“Randy, is there another video of that one girl?”
“Haha, not yet…but Annie Jane’s talking about you.” Randy said to Max.
“Wh-what? What could they have taken it of?” Max was now confused and had a slight pitch of anger in his words.
“Hey buddy, it’s probably nothing. While you’re at the nurse getting your head looked at, I’ll see what this video’s about.” Randy said with a cheeky grin. Max unnoticeably rolled his green eyes and walked into the nurse’s office.
            As he stumbled over a loose shoe lace, but luckily, for the first time that day, fell into a nearby chair. A kid in the seat next to Max started talking to him about that morning.
“Hey, you’re Max Miller, right?” the kid asked.
“Yeah, what is it to you?” Max said irritated.
“I saw that video of you…” the kid paused, looked to see if the nurses were going to come soon, and then started the conversation again. “…it was really funny.” The kid laughed to himself, and Max just glared at him. “Oh, Max, you’re head is bleeding by the way.”
“You think I don’t know that already, a*****e.” Max said, saying other words under his breath. The nurse came out and called for Max to come back. He stood up, and followed the nurse.
“What’s wrong, sweetie?” she said.
“My head.” He turned around to show her what had happened.
“Oh jeeze hunny, that looks serious. Here’s some ice. If it feels worse during the day, come back.” She smiled at Max as she handed him the bag of ice. At first Max didn’t say anything. He just stared at it, then at the nurse, then back at the bag of ice.
“Are you seriously giving me a bag of ice to put on THIS?!” Max pointed at his bloody head and looked at her like she was cracked. He took the bag anyway, and left in a disgusted manner. He passed the kid who had been there before and they both just stared at one another.
            Max met up with Randy in the hallway. Randy ran up to him, smiling. Max looked at him the same way he did the nurse.
“Max! I saw it! Someone sent it to me! Boy, that was hilarious!” Randy said, laughing because he was thinking about it.
“I don’t wanna see it.” Max said, shaking his head at Randy’s stupidity.
“Aww c’mon! You would feel the same way if it was a video of me!” Randy bellowed, watching Max disappear into the crowed.

© 2008 Jessica L Auster


Author's Note

Jessica L Auster
It feels unfinished. I'm not even sure if I did or not.. lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 21, 2008
Last Updated on April 21, 2008