Blue Bloods

Blue Bloods

A Story by The Poet of Black Wings

The year, is 2731...


And earth has just recovered from the apocalypse.




over 730 years ago, a war began. no one quiet remembers why it was waged, nor who the victors were. only that it was the begging of the old worlds ruin. during the war many atrocities were committed. these included genocide, nuclear and biological warfare, stripping of human rights, and the destruction of entire continents. the factions leveled the entire world after only 30 years.

The factions all died out, some because they were killed, others abandoned by their governments.


You wouldn't t think it would take 691 years to make a new civilization, but it did. people spent so long, just fighting each other. over land, over food, over water. every day you would find a corps just lying in what use to be a street and you'd just walk right over it. hell sometimes you made that corps, everyone was a killer, no one was innocent but, in time, humans did sort themselves out. a group found a place where the radiation died out of completely and the weaponized diseases hadn't touched. they called it the promise land. no one alive today knows what that means, but it doesn't matter now. they built houses, farms, and then a city. a glorious city.

they named it, Avalon. It was paradise, or at least, that's what it was suppose to be.




- Avalon, our perfect city.


Avalon, a futuristic utopia of cultural and technological innovation. A shining light of hope in a dark and dismal world.


In the begging, Avalon was this perfect metropolis. But greed and prejudice would see it turn into a corrupt place where only the rich nobles, or blue bloods, could live a decent life.

You'd think after surviving the apocalypse that people would learn not to fight, segregate, or enslave each other, but humans are creatures of habit. As im sure you already know, we humans began arguing again when those who did not help build Avalon started moving in.


Originally, Avalon s citizens and governing body were made of the same people who built it. and everyone was on an equal level with each other. but as time droned on more and more people came from the waste lands. it wasn't long before people started to make classes to separate themselves. rich, poor, noble, worker, blue bloods, and commoners.


At first, things seemed peaceful. Most were happy, and could provide more than enough for their families to live comfortably. However, a few years after the first new arrivals came to Avalon, those that had built the city and their children began to consider them uncivilized and filthy. Even the highest officials within the government began to believe this and started making laws, segregated and dehumanizing the commoners.


It lead to taxes which caused many, if not all, of the commoners and new arrivals to become destitute. Because of this most commoners live in slums, unless they... sell themselves to the blue bloods.


as you can imagine, people decided not to like one another, arguments started, laws were made. people's rights depended on their births.

the rich, the nobles, were free while the common folk were turned out into near slavery.



with diminishing rights, and little money to themselves. the commoners typically turned to a life of crime, or even sold their very selves to the blue bloods, who took complete advantage over it. making the commoners do all sorts of demeaning and dangerous jobs. sometimes, even putting them into a coliseum and making them fight all manner of beasts, and men.


time goes on, things get worse, and life keeps changing. at every turn.


so this, is the premise of our story. how will it end?


© 2014 The Poet of Black Wings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014
Tags: apocalypse, futuristic, war, rich vs poor, class warfare

Author

The Poet of Black Wings
The Poet of Black Wings

About
i hope my poems, among other writings, will speak for me. Edit - Full disclosure, if you ask me to read something, I will, and I'll be brutally honest about what I think about it. So, be ready for .. more..

Writing