Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Randi Carson
"

More reviews equals more chapters faster! I know I'm totally bribing you guys, but whatever!

"

3.

 
 

In my room I strip down and hop in the shower. The feel of the warm water cascading down my back melts my anger away completely. I can’t even remember how being angry feels. I didn’t tell you but hot showers can cure anything with me, same goes for chocolate. I walk out of the shower and wrap my towel around me. There’s a sucky thing about sharing a dorm. You have to walk through the hall to get to your room after you’re getting out of the shower. When I walk out of the bathroom I run smack into Cory.

 

            “What are you doing here?!?” I ask him. Not realizing that my towel was slipping down as I talked.

 

            “Well I thought maybe you could explain to me the whole witch thing. I didn’t know I’d get a show while I was at it.” I look down and see that the towel is completely off.

 

            “You’re such a pervert!” I scream. “Bumping into me while I just come out the shower just so you could get a good show! Well you want a show? Here’s a show of me! Leaving!” I disappear in a puff of smoke. That’ll show him, leave him choking. I’m in my room and I get dressed in my Victoria Secret silk pajamas and poof in front of him again. “Now you’re gonna get it. You don’t get your powers for a week and you won’t know how to use them like I can, get ready for your week of hell with no possible revenge. And I’ll make you wish you were in hell.” This time I disappear with a streak of lightning and make him extra crispy.

 

            When I’m back in my room I look up at Jules and Lizzie and scream. Then I tell them everything that happened.

 

            “So the President’s son is an obnoxious freak?” Jules asks me. 

 

            “Yes,” I reply.

 

            “Did you ever think that maybe it was your evil side talking?” Lizzie asks me.

 

            “No, why would I? My evil side isn’t really there, it never has been,” I say.

 

            “But my non-magical side wasn’t really there either, until I turned 15, then I started not having magic sometimes, so now I have to take pills until I make the decision. Maybe it’s like that for you, without the pills.”

 

            “I don’t know. Maybe. It was really fun doing all those things that would bug him. And it didn’t really feel like me, though.”

 

            “Lizzie’s probably right, Bridge. It makes sense for your evil side to start showing when being bad actually becomes something in our daily lives, same with non-magical beings, and everything’s magic until you’re a teen,” says brainy Jules. She is way too smart for her own good. I swear, she’ll probably save the world because she’s so smart, and being a witch helps too.

 

“I guess that makes sense, but I don’t want to be evil. I never have, I never will.” I told them. My father might have been bad, but he hasn’t been allowed to be around for it to rub off on me. I’ve always been a source of good, like my mother. I may not want to run this place, but I don’t want to be evil.

 

“You know, maybe your evil side showing up is giving you a chance to know what it’s like not to be good. Same with my non-magic. Before my magic blackouts, I’ve only known life with magic. Maybe this is helping us decide who we want to be when we’re older.” Lizzie says, interrupting my train of thought.            

 

“Lizzie could be right. But if that’s true, then maybe you’ll get to start spending time with your dad. I mean, the only reason you weren’t allowed to see him was because the Majors were afraid of his evil influence on you. But maybe if you explained that spending time with your dad would be the only way to get a fair look at both sides to make the right decision.” Jules reasons.

 

“OhmyGod!” Lizzie practically squeals. “This means you can meet your dad! We have to tell your mom.”

 

“Lizzie! We have more important things to worry about. I need to fight this big evil and I might be on its side! What if I’m going through an evil phase while I’m fighting it and join its side? I don’t want to be the reason good becomes dies in this world.” I’m practically crying now. “You guys, my mom can’t find out! If she does, I won’t even be able to try, and there’s no way we’d beat the Evil if we don’t have the two prophecies on our side. We have no idea what we’re going up against. All we know is that it’s bad.”   

 

“Are you and Cory the only thing we have planned for this Evil? Because if it is, or even if it isn’t, I have a plan.” Then Jules goes on to tell us about how young witches are at their most powerful position when they’re just that. Young. And how we should secretly train all are witches, with Cory and me as the trainers based on the training we will get, and what I already have. I’ll have to meet up with Cory and explain this to get the bots in on it, and having the boys will get the girls.           

 

“This is all a really good plan Jules, but we might be powerful when young, but we’re definitely not wise. We can be bribed and any emotional set off will make our powers all screwy. It could be even more dangerous.” I tell her.

 

“Well, I thought of that and here’s what I’ve come up with: We can test them. Give them emotional breakers during a stimulation program, but they won’t know that. And we can program the stimulations to be very appealing to them. We can train them and we’d have better chance at winning. If there’s any chance they’ll get hurt, we won’t go through with it.”   

 

“Another problem is my mom will notice, there’s no possible way she won’t notice. Especially if we’re using the stimulation rooms.”

 

“Just tell her you and Cory want some extra practice. It’ll be fine. We need to do this, learn to use or talents and powers together and individually.”        

 

“Fine. But if my mom finds out, it’s your neck on the block, not mine.”

 

“Great! So you need to tell Cory, now, and we can start training tomorrow at ten PM. Your mom’s asleep by then, right?”

 

“Yeah. I’ll go talk to Cory. While I’m gone, send the information to all the girls in their minds, using a blocking and a breaking spell. Hurry, we don’t have much time. When I get back, I’ll talk to my mom.” I was gone in a poof. I popped into Cory’s room just as he was taking his towel off. “Boo! There’s nothing better than revenge,” I tell him.

 

“Know how to scare the crap out of people, or what?” he says sarcastically.     

 

“Hey. I learned from the best,” I say pointing at him. “But I’m here for another reason. The big evil we’re up against, we’ll need to train the other young witches, secretly, of course.”

 

“Of course. And we need more people, why?” he asks.

 

“Because you might be fighting a prophecy. And two prophecies against each other is just going to kill those prophecies and leave the big evil to fight good unevenly. They’re not trained to fight this like we will be. They need to be, and they need to be there to in case we die before the fight begins. If we were never born, they’d be doing this already, but they think that we’re all they need to win. They haven’t thought of what might possibly happen because of me.” Now my eyes were tearing up, and his face was getting blurrier. Please don’t let me cry. Please, please, please don’t let me cry. I’m thinking, praying to God that I don’t cry in front of him.

 

“What other prophecy might we be fighting, and why couldn’t we handle it?” Ugh. He wasn’t getting it.

 

I’m the prophecy you might be fighting. Because of the fact that I’m from good and evil, I can be either one. My future’s not definite as a side. And lately I’ve been going through phases where I am evil. We think it’s so I can know what it’s like on both sides. And we also think that I might be able to see my dad, now that I have an evil influence with or without him. And it’s just going to get worse. And what if I go evil while we’re fighting. We need to train the other witches. Maybe if my friends are out there when I go evil, they might be able to stop me from joining the other side. We need to be ready if they can’t.”

 

“That must suck to have to deal with that.”

 

“You have no idea. So just be at the field at ten PM tomorrow, and we’ll start.”

 

“Okay see you tomorrow”

 

“See you. And one more thing.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You’re a lot smaller then I’d have thought the President’s son to be.” The last thing he heard before I went poof was my laughing.  

 


© 2009 Randi Carson


Author's Note

Randi Carson
haha, dramatic, right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 3, 2009


Author

Randi Carson
Randi Carson

Los Angeles, CA



About
I love New York City. I plan on going to NYU, majoring in creative writing. I either want to be an editor, author, or both. I like to say that I use both sides of my brain and more than 10%. I have ph.. more..

Writing