Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Randi Carson

 

NobleAcademy:
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble
1.
I know what you’re thinking. ‘Double, Double, Toil and Trouble.’ I know, it’s a cliché name, but I decided for a story that’s totally un-cliché, we have to have a title that totally is cliché. But that’s enough about the title. My name is Bridget Henderson, and you might be wondering what Noble Academy is. Well, it’s kind of complicated, but basically it’s a witch’s boarding school for girls, located in a small town in New York, Angelica. It’s named after my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother, Bridget Noble. My parents wanted me to be named after her, because, like her, I’m supposed to be one of THE greatest witch’s that ever lived. But the thing is, I’m also half evil. And that’s because my dad was born evil, then he fell in love with my mom, who is good. Now I’m not allowed to see him because they, the magical higher beings, AKA the Majors, thought he’d have too big of an evil influence on me. Most people think that warlocks are just male witches, but in reality a warlock is an evil witch, boy or girl. Now some people might think ‘Why is she telling us this?’ Well, it’s important because I can turn evil at any moment, and I won’t be able to choose between good and evil until I’m 21. I know, it’s such a stupid rule, but the Majors made it so the witch/warlock was mature enough to choose when they got the choice. But now steering off topic, so I’ll start from the beginning.
Bridget Noble was one of the greatest witches of our time, and I’m the next in line to inherit her powers. One day, she found a young witch who couldn’t control her powers, so she started teaching her how to use them. She liked teaching young witches so much, she decided to create a witch school, Noble Academy. Three years after, a male witch started an all boy’s witch school, right next door. The two schools started holding events for students to mix. That’s when Bridget met Alex, the founder of the boy’s school, Briston Boarding School, BBS for short. It was love at first sight, so they quickly got married and started generations of great witches. Oh! I forgot to tell you, Alex was also a very powerful witch. But the schools had trouble with some of the townspeople, so they had to hide the fact that both schools were for witches, people just think they’re for “bright, young minds,” so lame. And now I’m the 11th generation.
Some people would wonder why I’m so powerful. That’s because the Greats created a curse that when a witch had a daughter with a warlock, that child would be so powerful, but only if the couple were in love, if not they would be cursed to never get their powers. This was meant to discourage witches and warlocks from getting married and having a child. Luckily, my parents were deeply in love. Another thing about witches, they get a special power, but because I’m so powerful, I get three. They are the ability to see ahead in distance, as far as I want, to control inanimate objects with my mind, and sense auras. My brother Alex, you know who he’s named after, isn’t as special, but he does have three powers, which he uses all the time, mostly to bug me. But anyway that’s the 11th generation of my family.

So, I was talking to my friend, Lizzie, today. And she said, “Can you believe we have to take finals on the fifth day of school?” We just started school today; we’re juniors, by the way.

 

“Well it is only review from freshman year.” You see our school learns basically everything during freshman year, but we have to take proper grade tests because of the state. And the only reason we’re able to learn everything in one year at our school is because they give us a knowledge spell.

 

I should probably tell you about Lizzie. She was born into a wealthy family, but her dad’s not a witch. So she’s half witch, but she still gets all the powers of a full witch until she’s 21, then she has to decide whether to become full witch or lose her powers completely. Now most people would think that having powers is easy, but it’s really hard to keep it a secret from mortals. That’s why the decision making is at a respectable age. Another thing you should know is that Lizzie’s dad is totally clueless. Also we’re roomies, along with our other BFF Juliet, Jules for short. BTW: Lizzie’s power is talking to animals.

 

Now Jules should get a turn. Jules’ family is upper class. They are 100% witch, and they live and the magical realm. So being in the mortal realm is somewhat confusing for her. But it’s so funny what she gets herself into sometimes. Just the other day she was shopping and she paid for her clothes in magic money, she was kicked out by security. Her magical power is to control the weather. It seems useless but it has helped us all at some point in our school days.

 

Well since finals were coming up the teachers put a spell on our school disabling all of the spells that people could use to cheat. Jules is probably studying because she never does very well on tests.

 

“I wonder what’s going on at the boys’ school.” said Lizzie.

 

“Probably hocus, pocus and pranks on the school.” Lizzie’s boy crazy, so she constantly talks about the boys’ school. Now this wouldn’t be so annoying if she wasn’t crushing on my brother.

 

“Oh, come on B, you know you’d be interested if Todd still went there.” Todd was my crush last year, unfortunately he had to move to Guatemala, and so he goes to their national witch school.

 

“Still, I’m so glad that we have spell protection on this place, because if I know my brother like I do, he’s probably thinking up a big prank to get back at me for my last one.” I replied. Our schools have been having prank wars ever since they were founded, and this year my brother is the prank master at BBS. Luckily I’ve foiled his plans for years.

 

“Like Alex would do something so horrible to us.” whined Lizzie.

 

“Liz, I hate to break it to you, but you haven’t lived with him for sixteen years. Also you don’t know him like I do.”

 

“Talking about Alex?” interrupted Jules.

 

“What else does Lizzie talk about?” I ask, “Aren’t you supposed to be studying?”

 

“A girl can’t take a break?”

 

“Well I don’t know about you guys, but I want to check out some new hotties. Anyone wants to join?” asked Lizzie.

 

“I’m free, but please don’t start talking about my brother.” I begged.

 

“Oh, stop whining!” snapped Lizzie.



© 2009 Randi Carson


Author's Note

Randi Carson
Sorry it's so short. I'm not good at seperating chapters yet, I will get better, though, don't worry! And comment, comment, comment, comment. I won't be able to update so soon cause I got to work on a research paper on vampires. I need help with the conclusion, any advice message me! P.S. Thank you soooooo much for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha...nice title...I liked it:) I liked the fact that you have the courage and persistence to write a book:) keep it up;)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2009


Author

Randi Carson
Randi Carson

Los Angeles, CA



About
I love New York City. I plan on going to NYU, majoring in creative writing. I either want to be an editor, author, or both. I like to say that I use both sides of my brain and more than 10%. I have ph.. more..

Writing