The Choice Beneath the Flames

The Choice Beneath the Flames

A Story by CRISHAM
"

This gripping story follows a character caught in a life-altering dilemma during a fire outbreak. With only moments to act, they must decide between saving their loved ones or helping a group of..

"
Fire raged through the forest, consuming everything in its path. Ash rained from the sky like a dark omen, and the crackling of wood breaking under the heat filled the air with its terrifying symphony. Ethan stood frozen at the edge of the inferno, heart pounding in his chest. In one direction, his daughter, Lily, was trapped in their burning cabin. In the other, the town’s only reservoir was on the verge of being consumed by the flames.

The flames advanced faster than Ethan had anticipated, licking the trees and sending embers spiraling into the sky. Every second wasted could mean the difference between life and death. His truck roared behind him, ready for either mission�"but which one? Save Lily or try to preserve the water that could save countless lives in the town?

He could already hear his daughter’s voice in his head, crying out for him as she was swallowed by the fire. But the town was depending on that reservoir. Without it, the entire community would be left without water, helpless if the fire spread even further. Ethan clenched his fists, knowing that no matter what choice he made, the cost would be unbearable.

A deep breath. A glance at the burning cabin. His daughter’s life, or the town’s future?

Ethan’s heart twisted. He made his decision.

He slammed the truck door and sped toward�"

© 2024 CRISHAM


Author's Note

CRISHAM
With only moments to act, one must decide between saving their loved ones or helping a group of strangers trapped in danger

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting one to leave us thinking. If he chooses the reservoir, his daughter is 100% dead, however, he could choose his daughter and the townsfolk can figure it out; their chances are at least not impossible, which is better than leaving the daughter to die in agony.
Either way indeed has unbearable consequences.

Posted 3 Days Ago


CRISHAM

3 Days Ago

"Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! I appreciate your perspective on Ethan's tough choice and t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2024
Last Updated on October 6, 2024
Tags: dilemma, suspense, fire, rescue, family, sacrifice, survival, decision, drama, thriller, action

Author

CRISHAM
CRISHAM

Nairobi, Kiambu, Kenya



About
Cris is an aspiring author with a deep passion for storytelling, blending imaginative worlds with heartfelt emotion. With a background in Education Science focusing on Physics and Mathematics, Cris br.. more..

Writing