Transparency

Transparency

A Story by gemini18

When i was just a little girl i always thought being transparent was a curse, today i know it's a blessing. 
You see when you are a kid, you are surrounded by all sorts of noise. Whether they be acquaintances, friends, voices, parents or any other additional things that could effect your well being.
Trying to fit in the right crowd is all you care about; again this may apply to some of you not all. 
As for me i am one of those who wanted to fit in, sacrifice my comfort for the sake of my peers to feel some sort of acceptance and recognition.
Its pretty exhausting worrying about how everyone in the room is feeling except for yourself and  then feeling sorry for yourself for not being able to make the most of whatever situation you were in. 
Vicious cycle my friends.. 
Insecurities keep turning your way and in your head. 
I simply just forgot what it was like to do something for me.. it could be a simple gesture 
Just want to be able to feel something or speak up and have the courage to go right at it; most of all accept all consequences. 
Transparency is the key.. just always be transparent; be you. 
We live in a world where people are hungry, they will feed on you like parasites just to make them feel better about themselves. 
Balance what you give importance to, eliminate what will cause you no harm for more than a second. 
Love yourself enough to know when is enough. 
After all these distractions and noise, i stood in silence and heard my calling 
There it was.. and now i share with you.. 

© 2020 gemini18


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on January 4, 2020
Last Updated on January 4, 2020

Author

gemini18
gemini18

About
Writing has always been a way of expressing myself and gathering my thoughts together.. I love reading and writing I love healing people with right kind of connection and delivering my messages .. more..

Writing
Growth Growth

A Poem by gemini18


Unknown Unknown

A Poem by gemini18