Flashbacks and Writers Block

Flashbacks and Writers Block

A Poem by Butterflymom

My fingers pound the keys

What's inside of me won't come out

Frustrated, exacerbated, and weary

The words might be too scary

Conjuring up secrets long hidden inside of me

Shoved down with garbage put on top

To hold it all safely in place

Now, I can't bring it all forward no matter how I try

Sometimes it's all right there

Memories so frightful, and images that terrorize

Behind my eyes are scenes untold

Unable to be expressed on paper

Down in my gnawing intestines I will hold

Nightmares,  demons, and monsters so bold

Things children shouldn't experience

Or so I'm told

 

If I'm not careful it will seep out

When I'm not thinking or looking about

Slimy, nasty, dirty tales

Of a child's living hell of

Nightmares, demons, and monsters so bold

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Butterflymom


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I definitely can relate to this piece , the shoving down of emotions because there just so painful your afraid if one gets out a flood of emotions might happen. Your imagery in this was incredible , the lines that really rang true to me were "Nightmares , demons and monsters so bold , Things children shouldn't experience , Or so I'm told ". I sense this was a very hard write because there is so much emotion in this piece.This was a really moving write , great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well I don't think that your fingers have any problems expressing how you feel. Its a great poem, needless to say I like your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The truth about writer's block
I really like this poem!
It brings to surface the hardships of a simple blank page.
Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Another great job! The frustration of being unable to let the release the words held inside; yep, I know that feeling all too well (my poem, "The Remembrance of Words Drowned," broached this subject) . ;-) I and many other can relate to this, and you do it in a very unique and compelling way. Once again you have great word choice; "Down in my knawing intestines I will hold / Nightmares, demons, and monsters so bold" is a great couplet. My only criticism is the lack of periods at the end of certain lines; perhaps this was a stylistic choice, but for me it makes the reader work harder to grasp your intended flow of the poem (even if the reward is worth it ;-). Just my $0.02.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How very dreadful and sinister are such hidden thoughts, and memories, and it does take great courage to meet them "head on"!

Your write certainly does bring much fear to surface, and questions if one can actually deal with so much that is hidden in the past. Every person must meet their own monsters and demons to move forward....I know I have, and there are times when the struggles still overwhelm me!

Keep writing, and keep fighting - if this is a personal write. If not, it shall surely help others deal with their battles!

As far as literary/grammatical critique...there should be a g on "knawing" to make it "gnawing"...., and an "a" added to "excerbated"... to make it......"exacerbated"...

Excellent, graphic poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It takes courage to mention the unmentionable, tell the untellable and live the unliveable, but in doing so one cleanses the soul and inspires others. Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1244 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2009
Last Updated on July 20, 2009

Author

Butterflymom
Butterflymom

KY



About
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (psychotherapist) that has worked in the field for almost 20 years. My experience is vast, and I've worked with diverse populations. My interest in writing is t.. more..

Writing