Indestructable

Indestructable

A Story by Bugsy
"

What will happen when the world falls to greed and corruption? Will there be someone who can save us? Someone who cannot be destroyed?

"

            It has finally happened. The inevitable is here. The world has fallen to corruption and greed. None remember a time of peace. What’s left of freedom are mere stories of what once was. They seem like fairy tales now. War and anger has consumed the world. The once fearless population now lives in despair. Anyone who speaks out is immediately and brutally murdered. Hope is gone. Then, out of the flames walks a single man. The man has no fear. He is covered in flames, but bears no marks. His eyes glow a dark red. He is not alone. Hundreds, no, thousands of people emerge from the flames. Together, they challenge all who oppose them. An army appears on the streets. The two groups of people stare each other down. A shot rings out, and a great battle ensues. Many are killed, but the ones who remain fight on. They will never give up. There is nothing left to take from them, so there is no reason to surrender. The battle wages on for years until only one remains. No matter what is thrown at him, he is left unscathed. The army retreats and the battle is finally won. The corruption and greed loses its grip on the world. Hope and peace return. The people want to thank their savior, but he is gone. There is no trace of the stranger who saved them all. The only thing left now is to continue life as it was before greed and corruption reigned. They will try their hardest to not repeat the same mistakes. Their efforts are useless, however. Try as they might, there will come a day when greed and corruption will take back their hold on the world. Hope will be lost. Peace will be forgotten. Pain and despair will flood over the land. And when that day comes, the mysterious stranger will return to once again save them.

© 2008 Bugsy


Author's Note

Bugsy
The album cover for Disturbed's new album, Indestructable, gave me the inspiration to write this. While I say the target audience are teens, I'm really saying teens and up. It's not graphic or anything, so it's not mature, and it's not for everyone as younger children probably wouldn't understand it. When reviewing this, don't sugar coat anything at all. If you didn't like something about it, tell me. But also tell me how I can fix it. Don't tell me a problem if you're not ready to give a solution. I'm planning on publishing this in the publication that the writer's club at my school(called Lighthouse) realeases every month. Tell me if it's a good idea to publish this in a high school publication.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 16, 2008

Author

Bugsy
Bugsy

Muskegon, MI



About
I like horror movies, and writing. I sometimes write for a group on Myspace called Horror Death Match. For more info, check it out at groups.myspace.com/horrordeathmatch. I've written a short story,.. more..