Expecting the Unexpected

Expecting the Unexpected

A Chapter by Brendan2k5
"

Two members of Ted and Abyssion's families are about to become teen parents...

"

 

---

 

Chapter 25: Expecting the Unexpected

 

---

 

 

When I opened the front door of my home, I was surprised to see Marie Kwan standing on the other side of the door. “I need your help.” She whispered before groaning in pain.

 

“How did you get here from Boston by yourself?” I asked with a hint of concern. “And get inside! It's pouring outside!”

 

“Please, Celes.” She started. “Katrin said I can trust you.” The look she gave me told me not only was it something major but it was something Mom and Dad probably didn’t know about as either. All the more reason for me to want examine her.

 

“Very well.” I said. “Come this way.” I led the way through the house into the basement. Like I did in New York, I turned it into my own private walk-in emergency room. “It’s a good thing Alex and the girls are spending the weekend with Fin. We’ve got the place to ourselves, so—“

 

“Celes, I’m pregnant!” she suddenly exclaimed, which sent a chill down my spine. She was sixteen years old and as far as I knew she didn't have a boyfriend. Add to that Dad had only just been reunited with her after long thinking her dead and I knew I didn't want to treat her without Dad knowing first.

 

“If you’re asking me to do an abortion, I don’t do those.” I said.

 

“No, that’s not it.” She gasped. “AH!” I watched in horror as her belly began to expand—fast. “What’s happening to me?” I managed to get her on the bed before the buttons on her shirt and jeans popped off. Still, it continued to expand further. I grabbed the ultrasound and put it to her belly. There was a single heartbeat but it was beating faster and faster.

 

“Who or what is the father?!” I asked as her belly kept growing, her back arching back as if it were about to break. I knew Marie's force Element was Water but she never used it, let alone knew how to harness it. If she did she would have been able to control the baby's growth. When her belly finally stopped expanding, I checked the heartbeat and then checked it again. The baby was now full-term. “No...” I trailed as Marie me the look that told me what I already knew--

 

“I think I need to push!” she exclaimed in surprise. Before I could begin to protest, the baby came out on its own. All I did was catch.

 

“It’s…it's a girl…” I managed to say as I stared at her, still in shock. “What the hell…?”

 

---

 

“Damn, he was good!” I remarked as I woke up a week later. “I can see now how he ended up having eight children on the first try.” I went downstairs to find a rather tired-looking Celes Toss eating cereal in the kitchen. She looked as she was up all night.

 

“You’re not going to believe this.” She said as I came in.

 

“Try me.” I replied. “After what your father did last week I can now say anything is possible.” Then two girls walked in from the basement. One of them I recognized as Marie and the other a girl I’d never seen before.

 

“This is Marie’s daughter Colleen.” Celes explained. “She was born eight hours ago.”

 

“What?!” I exclaimed. “She looks like a teenager!”

 

“That’s because she is.” said Marie. “Her father is…Damien Highwind.”

 

“Like Neo Sapiens, Damien and Aurina can change their appearance and growth at will.” Celes explained. “How we see them is their normal human form. Before she was born, Colleen started to grow really fast. In fact, she was conceived and born within a 3-hour period. Unless we can find Damien, she’ll be a senior citizen by noon and dead of old age by three.”

 

“I can find him.” I said. “As the Champion of Power I need only close my eyes and his father’s location will be revealed to me. Where you’ll find Abyssion, you'll find Damien.”

 

“I think I should go instead.” Celes replied. “If you go, Abyssion will get suspicious. That…and he could smell my father’s scent on you.” I glanced at her. How the hell did she know...? “And don’t worry—I won’t tell Mom or Terra.” She said with a laugh. “Still, I hope you know the risks.”

 

“What?” I asked. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“What Dad did last week IS supposed to be genetic, you know.” She explained. “Forbidden Techniques my a*s. So far, none of us have shown any signs of such a violent outburst. Sure, Mark was nearly pushed that far by Zenith but that's a special case. If you’re pregnant, there’s a chance your baby may one day have an episode like that. Then again, the possibility is supposed to be by a VERY small margin—ten percent or something like that…”

 

“Alright, I’ll stay!” I heaved. “And when you get back, I want you to tell me how you knew I am with child.”

 

“It’s only a matter of science, silly.” She replied as extended her translucent wings. “Just do me a favor and make sure Colleen and Marie don’t leave the house until I get back.”

 

---

 

As I flew over the Grand Canyon, I kept my eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary, paying no heed to the curious onlookers watching me fly. As I neared the Hoover Dam I spotted four shadowy figures on a ridge. As I neared them, I knew I was in the right place. “Well, this is a surprise.” Aurina remarked. “To what do we owe a visit from you?”

 

“I need to borrow Damien for a few hours.” I said th Abyssion, ignoring her. “It’s a matter of life and death.”

 

“And I should care because…?” He trailed. And then I lost it.

 

“Because you got my sister pregnant you a*****e!” I roared, much to the surprise of Abyssion, Aurina and Zenith. “If you don’t come with me back to Chicago right now, your daughter will be dead in six hours! If that happens, I SWEAR I’ll kill you with my bare hands!”

 

The three of them were too stunned to speak. The gravity of the situation was beginning to sink in. I could see a twinge of anguish in Abyssion’s eyes. It was as if he’d seen this before. “Go,” Abyssion said to his son. “Perhaps you can do for your child what I couldn’t for Aurina's mother…” Without another word, Abyssion used his sword to transport us back to my house in Chicago.

 

---

 

“I’m back!” Celes said as she and Damien entered the Exam Room in the basement. When she saw Colleen, Celes could only watch in shock. “She’s aging faster! Looks like we got back just in time. Hurry, Damien!” Everybody stood back as Damien stood over Colleen with a hand outstretched.

 

“It’s ok.” He said to her as he took her hand. “Your suffering will soon end, your correct age back to—“ He stopped himself before turning to Marie. “How old did you want her to be?”

 

“I’d prefer five.” She replied. “That way she can start school next week.”

 

“Five years old it is, then.” He said as he turned back to Colleen. “Soul Force!” A beam of light spread over her and slowly she began to become younger. When the light faded she was now a little girl. It worked! “She’s going to be fine now.” Damien said before anyone could ask. “Her body will age normally and in time, she will learn to control her abilities…” And with that he turned to leave.

 

“Wait.” Celes said, getting his attention. “Abyssion said something like this happened before. Do you know anything about it?”

 

“Aurina's mother experienced the same thing.” Damien replied. “At the time, father was on the other side of the planet doing what he does best. It was also the same day he found me. When we returned from the wars, she’d aged too much for him to be able to save her and she died. When that happened, something changed inside of him. I think that was a contributing factor to him and his decision to—“ And then he stopped. “For the rest it would be better if you speak with him in person. I must go now to let father know Colleen’s going to be ok. If not, he will send Aurina to find me.”

 

“I shall go with you.” I said. “There is something I wish to ask your father.” I took out the Energy Blade and used it to teleport us to the Grand Canyon. Abyssion looked none too surprised to see me with him.

 

“I take it everything is fine, then?” He asked us.

 

“Of course.” I replied. “Now that you and Ted's granddaughter's problem is taken care of, I have something I want to know from you. What’s your relation to Marina Morado?”

 

“She’s my sister.” He said. “For obvious reasons, my father went well out of his way to keep me from knowing that. I only recently learned of this. We were both born of the same mother as well. Still, the death of Aurina's mother and Marina being my sister does not hide the terrible thing she has been burdened with.”

 

“You mean her being a mermaid.” I said. “She explained that to us.”

 

“Not that.” He replied before adding “After Shane, if Marina becomes pregnant it will always be more than one child born at a time. I can only imagine what that will do to her when she finds out on her own. Still, it’s better that as opposed to my telling her.”

 

“I’d think she has a right to know she’s not the only one of her family in this world.” I said. “Or do I need to use Marie or my own story as an example again? That and she will find out eventually. I seriously doubt she'll be happy when she learns you knew the whole time and never told her.”

 

“When that happens, I’ll be ready.” He replied as he turned to leave. “Now if you would excuse me, I wish to be alone with my children for awhile.” I shrugged and turned to go but then I suddenly remembered something else. “Oh and yes, I know you’re pregnant with Ted’s child.” He said before I could even turn around. “In all seriousness, the man already has nine children.”

 

“Sounds like someone is jealous!” I exclaimed with a laugh as I took out my sword. “I’ll be sure to warn Mark Anthony you might be looking for him soon as well. Until next time!”

 

“What's that supposed to mean?” he asked.

 

“I'm sure Aurina can field that one for you.” I replied before disappearing again. I remembered one final thing and reappeared before him one more time. “Oh and yeah, I know you and Tom were watching me and Ted having the best sex of our lives. If you'd like Abyssion, I'd be more than happy to do you next.”

 

“You do know I'm over 3,000 years old, right?” he asked. “I've impregnated over 10,000 mortal women in my lifetime. Thanks to my sword, I can have sex with any woman I choose without being in the same room as them.”

 

“Ooh, you freaky b*****d.” I replied. “I'll think of you the next time I get lonely.”

 

“With you, I might actually prefer to have sex with you in person.” Abyssion remarked. “I still can't believe you only have ONE child. You must have had sex with thousands of men.”

 

“I wouldn't go that far.” she replied with a laugh. “Though I do have a lot of experience when it comes to sex. My day job demands I get it on at least five times a week. After I had my son I decided I'd only f**k someone I know. Up until Tom set me up with Ted I've been f*****g him and Ed in a threesome.”

 

“And that makes you a Dominatrix, doesn't it?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah, I guess it does.” she replied as we both laughed.

 

---

 

“Something weird is going on…” I said to Serenity when we arrived in New York City. “For some reason it feels as though something BAD is going to happen.”

 

“What makes you say that?” she asked me.

 

“Well for starters, Hannah and Marie haven’t been seen in days.” I replied. “And then there are those rumors Celes and Katrin are pregnant. That, and…no, that’d be impossible…”

 

“What?” She asked.

 

“It’s nothing.” I replied. “We’ll find out when we get there.” Upon arriving at Katrin’s house I was surprised to see Celes, Hannah, Marie and a little girl there.

 

“What are all of you doing here?” Serenity asked them. Right after I entered the room I was floored by a blow to the back of the head. The last thing I saw before going blank was the shadow of Aurina standing over me.

 

---

 

“What’s going on?” I asked after Aurina knocked him out.

 

“We need to get them off the planet.” Katrin said before adding “Aurina and Hannah are both pregnant and if Ted and Abyssion find them, there’s going to be trouble!”

 

“We’d best hurry.” Damien said as he emerged from the basement with Angel and Zenith. “As long as we’re here, they’ll be able to find us quite easily.”

 

“I can arrange a place for us to stay on the Planet Kyomora.” said Katrin. “There’s a continent called Starry Heavens. King Xanga has given me charge over it. If we go now, we should be able to lay low there for a time.”

 

“This is freaky!” Angel exclaimed. And I’ve SEEN them hunt people, too!”

 

“That’s why we should be going now.” Zenith replied suddenly. “They’re headed this way.”

 

“We don’t have much time, then.” said Katrin as she turned to “Angel, use the Terra Force Blade to transport us to Kyomora!” Just as she finished the spell, Ted and Abyssion burst into the room.

 

“NO!” Ted exclaimed as the group disappeared, leaving me behind.

 

“I SWEAR I didn't know know anything!” I exclaimed in fear.

 



© 2008 Brendan2k5


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 21, 2008


Author

Brendan2k5
Brendan2k5

Boston, MA



About
I'm a Writery by hobby and up until recently my work has only been up for public viewing at my own website and Fictionpress. I've written many stories since 8th Grade and have decided to bring my newe.. more..

Writing
Backlash Backlash

A Chapter by Brendan2k5


Pardoning Pardoning

A Chapter by Brendan2k5