Wierd Science

Wierd Science

A Chapter by Brendan2k5
"

Someone is experiencing one whacked out dream...

"

 

---

 

Chapter 22: Weird Science

 

---

 

 

“Whoa, what a night…” I said as I finally came out of my food and wine-induced hangover. “What time is it?”

 

“Time for you to get up, silly.” I heard Marie say. When I looked up I saw about half the family standing around anxiously. The look of concern they all had gave me chills.

 

“What's going on?” I asked. “And where's everybody else?”

 

“That, my friend is for your little brother to explain.” Dad replied.

 

“Don't tell me Lycos is back AGAIN?!” I exclaimed.

 

“Even worse, I'm afraid.” said Mark Anthony. “All the women of the family except Angel and Marie are reproducing like rabbits.”

 

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed in horror. “How is that POSSIBLE?!”

 

“I found a way to make unfertilized eggs multiply and increase ovulation, ending menopause.” He explained. “In addition to that, all of them took the drug before they had sex last night and that kicked their reproductive systems into overdrive.”

 

“Normally, one sperm is all it takes for a baby to be conceived and you only get a 15-day window to do it.” Dad added. “With both of those limitations removed, there's no stopping them from making an endless supply of children.”

 

“So far, 84 children have been born in the last 12 hours alone.” Abyssion explained. At the rate they're going, the city will be overrun with our offspring in a week's time.”

 

“This is bad...” I trailed. “Katrin's DNA was spliced when she had the Midas Eight. I take it the majority of the children born were from her?” Everyone nodded. “She's gonna kill you, Mark Anthony.”

 

“I'm already working on an anti-serum.” He replied. “They're reproducing too fast for me to operate and that probably wouldn't be enough, either. We'll need to cut off the problem at the source.”

 

Thankfully, the female members of John's Team are unaffected.” Tom remarked. “I took samples from them which are being used to make the wonder drug that should save us all.”

 

“Until then, everyone should get outside and start looking for the kids born already.” Dad declared. “Everybody already knows I have a big family but THIS would be really hard to explain by ANY standard...”

 

---

 

“Impossible...” I heard Fin mumbling in his sleep. “This is a total nightmare!” And then he shot up in bed, wide awake.

 

“That must have been some dream.” I remarked with a laugh.

 

“It was scary is what is was.” He refuted. “I dreamed all the women of the family couldn't stop making babies!” And then I started laughing harder.

 

“Only YOU would have a dream like that!” I exclaimed. “Maybe I should tell Gina not to have sex with you anymore because you're scared of what will happen!”

 

“I don't think it's funny!” he shot back before adding “And how did you know...?”

 

“We're twins, remember?” I said before he could finish. “I'll always have a seventh sense about that sort of thing. When you let me stay with you when I was pregnant with the Midas Eight I knew for sure. Just try to keep it down or we'll wake everybody up!”

 

“You might want to take your own advice.” I heard Celes say as she woke up. “Can't you two wait until morning to argue? Some of us like to sleep.”

 

“Well, it is morning actually.” I remarked. “Might as well find some breakfast.” Right after climbing out of the bed I quickly found myself on the floor. “What the hell...?”

 

“What is it?” Celes asked as I got up. When Fin saw, he ran out of the room screaming.

 

“Katrin, you're pregnant?!” Celes exclaimed.

 

---

 

“What a series of unfortunate events!” I heard Celes say with a yawn.

 

“What is?” I asked with a look of curiosity.

 

“I dreamed Fin dreamed everyone couldn't stop making babies and it was all your fault.” She replied. “Then I dreamed he woke up and Katrin found out she was pregnant.”

 

“That IS a crazy dream!” I exclaimed with a laugh. “Like I'd do something like that.”

 

“I certainly hope not.” She replied with a frown. “It's downright creepy is what it is.”

 

“Well, don't think about it too much.” I added. “Though something doesn't feel right and--” When I stopped she noticed where my eyes went. She looked and opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out.

 

“This is impossible!” She exclaimed as her belly expanded before our eyes. “KATRIN!”

 

---

 

 

“This better not be another dream...” I said as I woke up.

 

“This real enough for you, Angel?” Mom asked with a look of concern. I looked and saw that I was sleeping very close to the fireplace. Had I rolled over I would've been burned!

 

“How did I get here?” I asked in surprise.

 

“You were sleepwalking.” She replied. “I would've awoken you but then again, it probably would've been better not to.”

 

“Point taken!” I exclaimed. “Still, those were some crazy dreams...”

 

“Care to tell me about it?” She asked.

 

“Um...maybe later.” I replied as I got up. “I need to talk to my big sister.”

 

“Celes and Katrin went back home.” Mom noted.

 

“Thanks, but I was talking about Marie.” I replied with a smile. “We may not be blood relatives but I still call you mom, after all.”

 

“I feel blessed every time you do.” Mom replied.

 



© 2008 Brendan2k5


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 21, 2008


Author

Brendan2k5
Brendan2k5

Boston, MA



About
I'm a Writery by hobby and up until recently my work has only been up for public viewing at my own website and Fictionpress. I've written many stories since 8th Grade and have decided to bring my newe.. more..

Writing
Backlash Backlash

A Chapter by Brendan2k5


Pardoning Pardoning

A Chapter by Brendan2k5