Rivals Collide

Rivals Collide

A Chapter by Brendan2k5
"

Ted and Hannah clash with Abyssion and his family. During the melee, Angel and Zenith meet for the first time.

"

 

---

 

Chapter 20: Rivals Collide

 

---

 

 

“Sorry I took so long.” I said once I was at my home in Boston again. “I had a brush with my past and it produced an unexpected---Hannah, what the hell?!” I exclaimed when I saw her wielding the Energy Blade. “What ARE you doing with THAT?”

 

“I had a surprise encounter with Abyssion.” She explained. “With this sword I sent him packing, though. All the training I took in Asia as a ninja came rushing back when we fought. I tell you, it was like I was fighting you.”

 

“Interesting…” I remarked thoughtfully. “It only seems natural the powers of each piece of the Trinity Blade would cancel each other out when they clash. In that case, the skill of the wielder decides the winner of the contest. Once they’re combined... not even God himself can stop it.”

 

“Just how much do you know about the Trinity Blade?” Ann asked me. “When you first got that sword you didn't know anything about it.”

 

“As much as necessary.” I replied. “Obviously, I've learned much over the years. I’d like to add more to that but then again I want everyone to hear what I have to say. I told everyone else to meet me at Tomiko’s Base in Arizona. I want all of my family to hear what I have to say. Please use the Bio Transfer to get there from here.”

 

“Wait--Ted, aren’t you going to introduce your guest?” Hannah asked me, regarding Marie. It was then that I remembered she was with me. I was amazed she hadn't spoken a word since we left Washington.

 

“No.” I replied curtly. “Now, if you’ll excuse me I must be going.” With that, I unsheathed the Time Blade and teleported myself and Marie one more time. This time we were in Tom’s Base in the Arizona Desert. “Damn, I’ve never teleported so much in one day…” I said before collapsing.

 

“Dad?!” Marie exclaimed with concern.

 

“I’ll be fine.” I replied reassuringly. “I merely exhausted all my Force Energy to the point where I can't move. I just need to rest. Just do me a favor and make sure Celes, Angel and Terra are present when I wake up.” And with that I passed out.

 

---

 

“Ted, wake up!” Terra said. “If you’re still alive, wake up!” We arrived to find him collapsed outside the command room. Fin and Tom took him to the infirmary, where he'd been asleep for two days. The girl Marie told us he exhausted his Force Energy and wanted the three of us to be present when he awoke.

 

“What’s with all the shouting?” He said as he finally began to stir. “I was only resting.”

 

“I can hardly call sleeping for almost 48 hours rest.” I replied with a sigh of relief. “You really had us all worried.”

 

“I see…” He remarked with a smile. “Today’s Sunday, then. Good. Is everyone else here?”

 

“Yeah, and like us they want to know just what the hell is going on.” Terra replied. “Who is Abyssion Highwind? What's the connection with between Angel and the swordsman Mark fought on that island and more importantly, we all want to know who Marie is.”

 

“You’ll find out the answers to all that and more soon enough.” He replied as he got out of bed.

 

“Wait.” said Angel. “Why did you send for us?”

 

“Oh, that.” He remarked with a smile. “I wanted to be the one to name my newborn son and granddaughter. That, and I have something important I need to talk to Angel about.”

 

“That’s nice but they were born yesterday.” I replied. “And I already had a name in mind.”

 

“What’s wrong with Pearl?” He asked. “Alex already told me you were planning to give all of your children names that begin with A. Had I taken your mother’s advice you’d be named D.W. instead of Celes.”

 

“Point taken!” I replied, clearly horrified my mother would want to name me that.

 

“And what name did you have in mind for your new son?” asked Terra.

 

“Well, Hannah named her son Ted Toss the third so how about T.J?” He replied. “It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to have a T3 without the junior, right?”

 

“I see.” She replied. “I already had that in mind but oh, well.”

 

“Now that we have that out of the way, you’ve got some explaining to do.” I said firmly. “The rest of the family is waiting.”

 

“Very patiently, too.” Terra remarked.

 

“Alright, let's go.” He said as he climbed out of bed. “And Angel, you're about to find out the identity of the brother you and Ann have been looking for...”

 

---

 

After getting dressed I went to the base’s large conference room where everyone else was gathered. As soon as I walked in everyone stopped talking, giving me their full attention. “Looks like the man of the hour has finally arrived!” Tom exclaimed. “When we found out you had some stuff to disclose regarding the war, Kodak and a warrior as strong as you, we had to scramble to get this room set up for everyone. Good thing you slept in, huh?”

 

Uh…right.” I replied, more so out of surprise. “Well, seeing as everyone’s here I might as well get started. Well first, let me just say for the record that I am not a bigamist—not anymore, anyway.” This earned a laugh from Terra and Ann. “Second, I want everyone in this room to know that Marie Kwan is my daughter from a relationship I had with her mother during World War III. I only found out this morning she was still alive…”

 

“The Red China Massacre…” Tom remarked. From the way he said it, I knew it was a time in his life he didn't like to bring up. Like me, he'd done some things during the war he wasn't proud of. “I’d heard the boys in Washington selected a single solider to deliver America’s answer to the San Andreas Incident. Some 16 years later, the identity of that soldier is still classified. I’ve hacked the database dozens of times trying to find out who that was with no success. That’s when I realized something.”

 

“What was that?” I asked.

 

“If I couldn’t find out that guy’s identity, no one could.” He replied with a smile. “Maybe not even you. Either that or he didn't survive the mission himself.”

 

“Is that what you think?” I asked.

 

“Not to doubt you or anything but...” He started.

 

“No apology needed.” I cut in before adding “The reason you couldn’t find out that man’s identity is because I am that man.”

 

“What?!” Ed exclaimed. “That’s impossible! At the same time that happened, you and I were in Europe fighting the Russians!”

 

“Actually, that was my father Nate Toss.” I replied. “He’d been in the military 28 years longer than me but our relationship was kept a secret. I found out he was my father when I was briefed on what I was going to be doing. When I was chosen for the black-op he was chosen to replace me in the European Theater.”

 

“I see…” Tom replied. “No wonder we felt so disconnected from you back then—you weren’t even there!”

 

“This is something else…” Ed remarked. “To think you were the man Washington chose to erase a million Reds in one night…”

 

“And with a good reason,” I replied. “At the time, I was the only person who can create a Nuclear Explosion with just my bare hands.” Everyone looked in shock as I recounted the attack as if it just happened.

 

---

 

Well Colonel, it's time.” I said we flew over Beijing. “I can't believe I'm saying this sir but...you were right. I was a fool to believe there'd be anything worth holding onto in this god forsaken country.”

 

I'm sorry you had experience it firsthand but knowing you, I felt it best I let things run its course.” he replied. “In the event you don't come back, is there anything you want me to tell your family?”

 

Yes.” I replied. I stood in the open door so my superior wouldn't see the tears falling from my face. I thought it best to get 'em out of the way now. “Tell Ann I'm sorry for what I did to her. I made a mistake and it was only fitting I pay for it with my life.” With that, I jumped out the plane and began to gather force energy and in massive quantities. I was going to die but not before a several hundred thousand innocent people went with me.

 

Godspeed, Ted Toss!” the colonel shouted. That was the last thing I he said before the plane returned to base. As I descended, I gathered more and more energy. I could feel the pressure welling up inside me but knew I needed go collect more—this was going to be a massive explosion, after all. My body began to glow because of all the energy I was absorbing. I unfurled my wings, stopping my descent completely and allowing me to gather even more energy.

 

There is no one...no one of the world who can withstand my power!” I shouted for the entire country to hear. “Behold—Wave Guiding Bomb!” I then launched the concentrated beam of energy at the unsuspecting population below...

 

---

 

“That’s impossible!” Angel exclaimed. “It would take a massive amount of Positive and Negative Energy to create a blast powerful enough to kill that many people at once!”

 

“Unless…” Katrin trailed.

 

“Yes.” I said. “I used the souls of the people the Reds killed to kill millions. It’s a Forbidden Technique and with good reason—I almost died as I unleashed it. The human body has enough stress dealing with the sins of its own mind and body. I not only had my own but the sins of a million more. The only thing that kept me from going over the edge was Celes.”

 

“Me?” She asked.

 

“Yeah.” I replied. “Shortly before leaving for China I received word you had just learned to talk. I decided than that no matter would I would be coming back alive. Now I need to get to how I met Marie’s mother. The year before, I was a spy gathering intelligence behind enemy lines. On my way back from gathering intelligence I met some villagers getting roughed up by some thieves. Like a good American solider I took care of the problem. After escorting them to Hong Kong I found out one of the women I’d rescued was actually an insider. Her name was Leanne Kwan.”

 

“My mother was a secret agent?” Marie asked.

 

“That’s right.” I replied. “In preparation for the Red China Massacre we were asked to pair up and sneak into Beijing to warn our operatives in the city. It seems someone tipped off the Reds to our arrival and we were arrested as soon as we entered the city. You probably don’t want to hear this Marie but you were conceived in a prison cell. To be honest, at the time we didn’t even expect to have had our freedom bought by the resistance forces inside the city. Once we escaped we decided to split up for awhile. I would head for Hong Kong and she for South Korea. And then...”

 

“What happened next?” asked Ann.

 

“The Massacre.” I replied. Nine months later I dropped a bomb that killed more people than the first two wars, Chernobyl, 9/11 and both Gulf Wars combined. Anyone unfortunate enough to have survived would be permanently scarred. The deed done, I returned to base in Hong Kong. When I arrived I discovered every foreign spy caught in the area had been executed by the Reds, Leanne among them…”

 

---

 

“And that brings us to now.” I concluded. “I know you’re probably going to be mad at me but I decided to do a DNA test. It’s more or less for formalities but then again this would make you the father of nine children.”

 

“Ten.” Katrin suddenly said. “I just found out Julie’s gave birth to one child. That in itself is a rare thing, by the way.”

 

“I have little to no doubt Ted’s my father.” said Marie. “If he wasn’t my father, I wouldn’t be standing here saying so.”

 

“Now let’s just get this over with.” I said as I unfolded a piece of paper. “In the case of 16 year old Marie Ted, you are the father!”

 

“Like I said, I already knew that.” Ted repeated. “Now that that’s out of the way, we still have the issue that is Abyssion to discuss, among other things...”

 

---

 

“Talk about a guy hell-bent on ultimate power…” Tom said when me and Hannah finished explaining all we knew about Abyssion Highwind and the Trinity Blade. “How the hell do you intend to rectify the situation?”

 

“Kick his a*s at every turn!” Hannah exclaimed. “I don’t plan on giving up my sword without a fight, anyway!”

 

“Just where did you learn to use a sword, anyway?” Angel asked suddenly. “I watched from my room and it looked like you learned from a pro.”

 

“That’s because she did.” Midas said suddenly as he came in with Talen. “She came to Kyomora and trained under my brother Tigris for a time. Anyone who faces her will have a tough time defeating her.”

 

“I’m impressed.” I said. “Unless I’m mistaken Tigris is the best swordfighter on your planet, Midas.”

 

“I've also been training in the ninja arts ever since my dad and I were reunited.” Hannah added. “I am known as the Silver Wolf in Japan and Alaska.”

 

“We like to think so, anyway.” Midas said with a laugh. “But alas, I come with great news. The war on Kyomora is ended. The Rebel Factions have signed a peace treaty with my father the king to make it official. We are finally at peace!”

 

“That’s great news!” Katrin exclaimed. “Maybe now I can see the rest of my kids a bit more.”

 

“I can see no reason why not.” He replied. “I’ve come to invite all of you to come for a special banquet at the palace as my guests. It would be our honor if you would all come.”

 

“Of course.” I replied. “We could all use something to celebrate. I seriously doubt Abyssion or Zane would be crazy enough to follow us across the galaxy.”

 

“You’ve got that right!” a new voice said. I looked up in time to see Abyssion and Zane break in through the sky lights. A second later, Abyssion cut down Julie and the infant in her arms. I barely had time to parry the next sword stroke directed at Midas.

 

“What the…?!” Fin exclaimed. “How’d he move so fast?”

 

“Everyone be careful!” Hannah exclaimed. “He’s using his sword to appear anywhere he wants!”

 

“Well you know the old saying.” said Marina as she opened Holy. “What resides in Darkness must eventually come to light!” With that, a blast of holy energy made Abyssion appear before us.

 

“You know, you shouldn’t go around killing people for no reason.” I said to him as I unsheathed the Time Blade. “I actually talked to your student about that a few days ago. Oh, and obviously I'm really pissed off now.”

 

“Hypocrisy coming from a man who killed a millions.” He shot back. “I heard the whole thing. So you’re the man who sent so many souls to hell at once. Not even my father could do that. I must say I am impressed. What say you join forces with me? Together, we could rule this world! Just think of it.”

 

“I already have.” I said. “For one, I already know I can’t trust you. Your killing woman and infant was just the tip of the iceberg. That and Ultimate Power is highly overrated. Remember, I’d know.”

 

“If that’s how you feel, I will do everything in my power to wrest that sword from you by force!” He exclaimed.

 

“That much I did know!” I shot back before casting a spell. “May the merciless embrace of frost take you—Absolute Zero!” With that, Abyssion was encased in ice.

 

“I didn’t know you can spellcast.” Ann remarked.

 

“There’s a lot of things about me that you don’t know.” I replied as I unsheathed the Aqua Blade, now holding both of my swords. That’s when I noticed the Aqua Blade starting to glow. “That’s interesting--it only does that whenever someone whose force element is water hasn’t revealed themselves yet.”

 

“Funny you should say that.” said Marina. I looked up and saw that she’d turned into a mermaid. No one was more shocked at this than Tom.

 

“So this is why you don’t like the desert.” He said thoughtfully. “Had I known sooner I’d have moved us to Hawaii or Florida!”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Marina replied. “Up until just now I was permanently human. For those in the room who don’t know, we mermaids can give up being mermaids if we fall in love with a human. Most people try to rescue us so they can get a free wish in return, though.”

 

“So you’re saying there really ARE mermaids?” asked Terra. “It sounds fishy to me.”

 

“Well, that sword of Ted’s is proof.” Marina replied. “I don’t know how he got it but that’s the sword that sank Atlantis.” Everyone looked at me in surprise.

 

“That’s right.” Abyssion said after finally breaking free of my ice prison. “And you’re looking at the man who sank it.”

 

“And who almost died doing it.” I added. “I read the archive. An entire continent sank beneath the ocean in one night, killing millions. It’s said the few thousand who escaped with their lives settled on South America and Africa. No one knows how but the name of the man who did it came up everywhere—Abyssion Highwind.”

 

“That’s why you weren’t surprised when you met me last week.” Abyssion said suddenly. “We’ve met before, haven’t we?”

 

“The Bermuda Triangle in 2008.” I replied. “I’d just found the Aqua Blade when you showed up. It was too dark for me to see your face but I know it was you. After grabbing it, I used the Time Blade to make a hasty exit.”

 

“Well, you’ll be happy to know I don’t want it back.” He replied. “What a really want is that other sword you like so much.”

 

“I know.” I said with a laugh. “Too bad I’m not going to just give it to you.”

 

“I see…” He trailed as he looked from Hannah to me and back. “Well, maybe Zane and I should start killing people, then. After we’ve killed everyone you love so dearly, maybe you’ll change your mind!” As if on cue, everyone in the room jumped up brandishing a sword, lance, axe, firearm or spell.

 

“Nah…” I trailed with a laugh. “Now, I know you’re not crazy. We all do. Only a madman would even THINK of trying to take on an entire army!”

 

“Who said we were alone?” He asked with a grin. The second skylight in the room shattered and two more figures jumped in. “Meet my children: Aurina and Damien. I’m sure you know Damien's mother, Eve well enough.”

 

“They are…my…siblings…?” We heard Julie whisper. Apparently the blow she received wasn’t fatal or it didn’t kill her right away. “Mother never…damn it...Full Heal!” Apparently she was too weak for it to be effective as she passed out before the spell began to work.

 

“Out with the old and in with the new.” Damien remarked. “We’ll show you what a real Super Hybrid can do!” With that, he took out an assault rifle and started shooting. Everyone holding a blade quickly deflected the bullets.

 

“Aurina and Damien, kill them.” Abyssion ordered. “You’re free to have fun but leave Ted and Hannah to me.”

 

“Yes, father.” Aurina said before pulling out a scythe. “This will be a cinch!”

 

---

 

By now, the room turned into a war zone in a matter of seconds. While Damien and Aurina were keeping everyone busy, Ted, Angel and I jumped onto the roof where we would face off with Abyssion and Zane. “You know, you must have better things to do with your time right now.” Ted remarked as everyone unsheathed their blades. “I know I do and I’m willing to bet Hannah does, too. I know no one in there wants to kill children but if it’s a life or death situation, let’s just say there’s no hope for them.”

 

“When I have those swords of yours then I will go about with what I’ve been wanting to do for some time.” He replied. “Now unless you’re ready to die, I suggest you surrender those blades to me. If you don’t, I will make sure you never know peace.”

 

“I’ve had a pretty fucked up childhood, you know.” I remarked. “Compared to that, this will be like a vacation and damn it, why the hell do you want our swords so badly?”

 

“I’ve been wondering that myself.” Ted remarked with interest. “Give me a good reason and maybe I will give it to you.”

 

“Well, if you want to know so badly…” He started. “I need the power to kill my father. I know someone else has the honor reserved but I really don’t have the patience to wait around forever. I’m sure you and Jesus’ followers all over the world feel the same. Once I have done that, I will take the world and restore it to its true form. For all time, earth has been regarded by the other realms as a place that shouldn’t have been allowed to exist for as long as it has. We of earth are hated and scorned by the rest of the universe because of the sins of my father and the first man. We are hated even more because of the fact that Jesus had to sacrifice his mortality in order to make it salvageable. Because of that, I have vowed to take him down.”

 

“That would explain what we saw in Boston…” I replied. “I don’t know why but I believe it.”

 

“Even so, I wouldn’t be so quick to hand over those swords to him.” A new voice said. We all looked and saw the Angel Aeris coming down from on high. “As he just said, he doesn’t have the best wishes of the world at heart.”

 

“She’s just worried because I know where the places where all our swords were first created are.” Abyssion replied with a laugh. “It’s not like I can make more as it is, anyway.”

 

“And it isn’t like I don’t know where they are, either.” Ted added. “I already know it’s possible for our swords to be duplicated, resulting in more of them. I can tell you that there is no way in HELL or Earth I am going to let that happen.”

 

“Point taken,” I replied with a laugh. “And as I said before, only death will separate me from this sword.”

 

“Now that you’ve heard our final answer, you have three options.” said Ted. “First, you can go ahead and try to fight us and lose. Seeing as just one of us will be more than a match, you’ll be dead four times before your body hits the ground. Your second option is to take your kids and leave. Agree to that and I might just forgive you faster for killing Julie. Your third option is to cut all the bullshit talk of revenge, forget about your father and join me in my line of work. Do that and maybe, just maybe I’ll let you touch my sword. You have one minute to chose. Believe me when I say you are in no position to negotiate.”

 

 

---

 

 

“You talk as if you are in control of the situation.” Abyssion replied calmly. “What makes you think you’re any safer than the rest of humanity?”

 

“For one, I don’t go around killing people for no reason.” I said. “The other is although I had a poor up bringing, I found something to believe in. The third is because I have something to believe in, I can believe in others. If not for that I’d probably have gone postal a long time ago. Your one minute is now up, Abyssion. Have you made your decision?”

 

“Of course,” He replied. “It didn’t even take a minute. Damien and Aurina, come to me!” Almost instantly his children stood before him. The rest of our group came up after them to see what was going on.

 

“Well, that rules out option one.” Hannah remarked.

 

“I would like to see what you mean by that personally.” He said to me. Then a smile spread across his face. “I don’t normally do this but I’ll make an exception just this once. One year from now, America is going to fight a war. Unlike the last three, this war will be on American soil.”

 

“I find that very hard to believe.” Tom replied. “And why would we be concerned?”

 

“It’s a Civil War, you imbecile.” He snapped. “After the president is assassinated, the country goes to war.”

 

“I still think this is crap.” Tom droned. “He’s not even making any sense!”

 

“Well, maybe that’s because I haven’t told you the best part.” He replied before adding “The person who is going to kill the president is...Lycos.”

 

---

 

“Impossible!” Ted exclaimed. “I killed him myself! And this time, I made sure he was really dead!”

 

“Maybe Jenna here will be able to tell you why he’s alive, then.” Abyssion replied with that twisted grin of his. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must be going.”

 

“Wait.” I said as I pushed my way to the front of the group. I wanted to see the brother I knew nothing about but was almost identical to me. He regarded me with a glare of emptiness. Rather, he looked as if he'd gone well out of his way to suppress his emotions and keep them that way. It scared me. “Are you really my brother?”

 

“Yes, I am.” he replied as he stepped forward. “I've been looking for you for some time. My name is--”

 

“You mustn't!” Aurina exclaimed. “Don't use your real name!”

 

“No, it's ok.” Abyssion replied. “They are kin, after all.”

 

“My name is Zenith Highwind and yes, am I your brother.” he said. “Like Fin and Katrin we're twins though unlike them we have the same genetic sequencing and yet...we could mate with each other.” I looked at him in surprise.

 

“What did you just say?” I asked him, clearly horrified. “Are you suggesting...!”

 

“Hell, no!” He spat. “That may be possible thanks to science but I will never, EVER violate you in that manner even WITH your consent. In fact, I'm disturbed you would even insinuate such a thing. Just know that from the day we were born I've longed for the day I would finally get to meet you face to face. It was our mother's last wish, after all.”

 

“I am the most powerful spellcaster on the planet.” I said with a smile. “It should come as no surprise that the Prince of Darkness—who I'm sure you know is the father of your Master—chose me as his vessel last weekend. If not for my adopted family I would still be under his control.”

 

“Originally, I was supposed to be his vessel.” he replied. “That was before he found out about you. The day he was supposed to possess me, he changed his mind saying he'd found a more appropriate host. In that moment I knew he'd found you. By the time I got to Boston I was too late to stop him. You and I really are a rare breed.”

 

“And that was about when you killed Mark's friends and left me for dead.” Hannah remarked.

 

“That's because you were in the way.” Zenith replied with a laugh. “I still can't believe you were able to beat my Master. It's beyond comprehension...”

 

“What will you do now?” I asked him. “You obviously have a mind of your own. Brothers are supposed to protect their sisters, after all. If you stand with this man who stands against the man I call father, you stand against me. I assure you that in that case, I will do everything in my power to stop you even if I die in the process.” As if to emphasize the point I was making, the skies grew dark as Blazing Storm became active.

 

“With the power of everlasting winter, prepare to feel my strength—Sub Zero!” Leon suddenly said. The air went from humid to freezing almost instantly. Everything within a five mile radius except those on the base began to crystallize as well. I look at him in shock.

 

“That is WAY to powerful to be an ordinary spell.” I said to him. “Still, I can't believe you just...talk about interesting...” I caught myself before I disclosed what I considered my most powerful spell outside Force Mode. Everyone watched as a rain of ice harmlessly crashed into the desert.

 

“Impressive is not even the word for it.” Zenith remarked. “And to think you possess what was once called Angel Fire. The Tome and your name being identical just happens to be a nice coincidence but still, you're supposed to be the most powerful considering you, like me was born with Terra and Soul Force Energy mastered.”

 

“Trust me when I say I still am.” I replied. “When Leon and I have a Magician's Duel, he'll find out himself. Later on, I plan to improve in other areas as well so that my discipline, inner focus and birthright are one in the same.”

 

“Then take this sword.” Zenith said as he untied one of the sheathed swords attached to his scabbard and handed it to me. “That is sword is called the Terra Force Blade. Only one who has mastered all four branches of Terra Force Energy can wield it. You and I were born with them already mastered so I feel safe entrusting the counterpart of my Soul Force Blade to you.” I examined the sword, which seemed to shine with the powers of Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. I felt unstoppable just holding it.

 

“Once I have realized my full potential as a Spellcaster I will work on mastering this sword.” I replied as I carefully tied it to my waist. “In return, I give you Meteor Storm. Maybe once you've realized your full potential as a swordsman, you'll work on masting the art of Terra Magick.” He glanced at the cover of the book a moment before putting it in his pocket.

 

“And now here is where we must say goodbye.” Zenith remarked. “Just as you have grown to trust Ted as a father, so have I with Abyssion. Knowing you now have the T.F. Blade gives me less of a reason to worry about you—you've already proven yourself to me when you killed Hurley.” With that, the four of them disappeared.. Then all eyes fell on HER. And by her I mean Jenna, of course.

 

“Umm…oops?” She said.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” asked Alex. “Lycos was a very dangerous being.”

 

“Not to mention a very dead one.” Fin remarked.

 

“What we all want to know is how he is alive after we all went through so much to KILL him!” Mom exclaimed, clearly upset.

 

“I ah…used the Necronomicon.” She replied.

 

“The Forbidden Book of Darkness?!” Mom exclaimed on shock. “Angel, what the hell...!?”

 

“I swear it wasn’t me!” I replied. “I haven’t even looked at it since last week!”

 

“I copied it.” Jenna interrupted. “It only took me a week. Afterwards I returned it and went to work mastering all the spells contained within. It was the least I could do after getting killed twice in one year.”

 

“Do you not understand how dangerous those spells are?” Celes asked her. “Even I wouldn’t touch that book with a ten-foot pole.”

 

“It’s ok.” She replied. “My Force Element is Dark. I knew it for sure when I touched it with my bare hands. When I began studying Elder Magic I was amazed with how easily I could understand it. That’s when I remembered I was possessed for a time. It seems a lot of the knowledge those demons possessed remained in me.”

 

“Now you’re scaring me!” Alex exclaimed. “You do know Darkness is the opposite of Light, right?”

 

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean we have to be enemies.” Jenna remarked. “I have already sworn to only use my powers to help my friends.”

 

“And now back to the original question.” said Dad. “Why, oh why did you bring Lycos back to life?”

 

“I needed to banish someone to the pits of hell.” She started. “In exchange, someone who was already dead would be brought back to life in exchange. Had I any idea Lycos was waiting at the edge of the abyss for the chance to return, I would have used a different spell.”

 

“I see…” Ann remarked. “I can’t sense him in this world since he’s a fallen angel. All we can do is prepare ourselves. We do have a year, after all.”

 

---

 

“I agree.” said Dad before facing everyone. “I want everyone to split up and train on their own. For those who specialize in Terra Magic, Divine Power and even Elder Magic, we’ll be counting on you the most.”

 

“What’s wrong with getting with the times, Ted?” asked Tom. “Magic and swordplay is fun and all but what’s wrong with a good old-fashioned shootout?”

 

“Relax, I didn’t forget about you.” He replied with a smile. “Do you remember the classified blueprints we made for those X-Weapons? I think it's time we started building them…”

 

“What weapons?” asked Zeke.

 

“We designed weapons capable of giving a small army like ours enough firepower to take on the entire world.” Tom explained. “Because of that, we were afraid to build them. Seeing as a war is brewing on American soil we’re going all out!”

 

“I like the sound of that…” Ed trailed. “Let’s get to work!”

 



© 2008 Brendan2k5


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on February 21, 2008


Author

Brendan2k5
Brendan2k5

Boston, MA



About
I'm a Writery by hobby and up until recently my work has only been up for public viewing at my own website and Fictionpress. I've written many stories since 8th Grade and have decided to bring my newe.. more..

Writing
Backlash Backlash

A Chapter by Brendan2k5


Pardoning Pardoning

A Chapter by Brendan2k5